50 DVD-R pack price?

tkin

Back to school!!
Super Deals on Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7GB Made in Japan - TechEnclave

Also this :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consumer-...-else/145615-blank-media-cd-dvd-bd-guide.html
Its an old thread, are they still selling it through TE? And dealer does not seem responsive in TE :|

tkin

Back to school!!
Go to their website. Always call the seller for stock. Golden rule. :)
Ordered from flipkart, cause as I saw in their site only one in stock remains, too risky to order from there, no MIJ in ebay either. Paid more in FK but got peace of mind.

Sarath

iDota
All Verbatims are not the same.

The one's made in Japan (duh!) and Thailand are superior.

Sony produces in India and I hate to say this but the Thai builds are better.

I remember there is some kinda scan to check quality and stuff. I read through a lot and lot of such posts etc and came to the above conclusion (they actually did, I'm just quoting it :) )

tkin

Back to school!!
All Verbatims are not the same.

The one's made in Japan (duh!) and Thailand are superior.

Sony produces in India and I hate to say this but the Thai builds are better.

I remember there is some kinda scan to check quality and stuff. I read through a lot and lot of such posts etc and came to the above conclusion (they actually did, I'm just quoting it :) )
I know, but that's why I am trying 50 pack, they can't be worse than moserbaer, if they are tdk media as one comment said in flipkart then I am sold.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My impressions for brands sold in India:

1) Verbatim: Variable quality. Made in India stuff is not really better than local MBI discs.
2) Amkette: Last stock I got was rebranded CMC magentics media. Decent stuff.
3) Kodak: DVD+R is OPTODISC (very good media), DVD-R is MBI media with additional (proprietary) protective layer. The result being that the discs don't scratch as easily.
4) Moser Baer: MBI DVD+R is actually pretty good. DVD-R is not so good. Avoid Moser Baer non-Pro discs, they are similar dyes but have less protective layer which means they deteriorate and scratch very easily.
5) MAXELL: Very difficult to find but actually very good media.
6) Imation: Mostly made by MBI, a few by CMC. Average stuff, comparable to MBI.
7) HP: Discs are mostly from MBI but I have found these to have good reliability with iffy writer compatibility. What I mean is that if your writer "likes" this media, you're going to get excellent results. Otherwise, meh.
8) TDK: MBI media, no different.
9) Sony: Sony DVD-R these days is made in India. These are relatively decent media with good scratch protection. Sony DVD+R is IMO better, a lot of those are made in Japan or Taiwan. The Sony DVD+R (Made in Taiwan/Japan) is highly recommended, very good media and IMO next only to Taiyo Yuden and Japanese Verbatims.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have a look at this ;-)
Blank DVD Media Quality Review – The Digital FAQ – Media Guides & Services

tkin

Back to school!!
My impressions for brands sold in India:

1) Verbatim: Variable quality. Made in India stuff is not really better than local MBI discs.
2) Amkette: Last stock I got was rebranded CMC magentics media. Decent stuff.
3) Kodak: DVD+R is OPTODISC (very good media), DVD-R is MBI media with additional (proprietary) protective layer. The result being that the discs don't scratch as easily.
4) Moser Baer: MBI DVD+R is actually pretty good. DVD-R is not so good. Avoid Moser Baer non-Pro discs, they are similar dyes but have less protective layer which means they deteriorate and scratch very easily.
5) MAXELL: Very difficult to find but actually very good media.
6) Imation: Mostly made by MBI, a few by CMC. Average stuff, comparable to MBI.
7) HP: Discs are mostly from MBI but I have found these to have good reliability with iffy writer compatibility. What I mean is that if your writer "likes" this media, you're going to get excellent results. Otherwise, meh.
8) TDK: MBI media, no different.
9) Sony: Sony DVD-R these days is made in India. These are relatively decent media with good scratch protection. Sony DVD+R is IMO better, a lot of those are made in Japan or Taiwan. The Sony DVD+R (Made in Taiwan/Japan) is highly recommended, very good media and IMO next only to Taiyo Yuden and Japanese Verbatims.
How does this look?
Flipkart.com: Sony DVD+R 100 Pack Spindle: Blank Media

Also this says made in Taiwan: Buy Verbatim DVD+R 16x 4.7GB Wide Thermal 50pk Spindle at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Is this the good verbatim?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
How does this look?
Flipkart.com: Sony DVD+R 100 Pack Spindle: Blank Media

Also this says made in Taiwan: Buy Verbatim DVD+R 16x 4.7GB Wide Thermal 50pk Spindle at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Is this the good verbatim?

Yes, it is the good Verbatim. The Sony DVD+R in general is very good, made in Japan discs are about as good or better than Taiyo Yuden. Made in Taiwan is next best and Made in India is comparable to Verbatims.

What isn't very good is Made in Malaysia Sony DVD+R (they scratch easily), but I've not seen many discs from Sony that are made in Malaysia.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Someone mentioned in the previous page about moserbaer dual layer dvd's for ~rs. 17.5.

Where did you find those? O_O I asked around for dual layers here and i found two companies I have never heard of before. Invasion and rainbow,for rs.20 and rs.25 respectively. :S

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
10 Pk National 8.5gb Double Dual Layer DVD MoserBaer

20 Pieces Loose National dual Layer Blank DVD 8.5 GB

50 Pack National 8.5gb Double Dual Layer DVD Moser Baer

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Sighs..why can't I find them on the streets. Anyone knows where to get dual layers in kolkata (chadni maybe?)?

Top Bottom