50 DVD-R pack price?

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
My choice would go for verbatim. A bit costly at @ 16 per DVD, but never had a problem writing to them. And some of them are about 4 years old too.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I personally too think Sony is best. Haven't used Verbatim
But by long term how much long do you think? Any marriage DVD or something?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
buy dual layer dvd which has a capacity of ~8.5GB & cost is also ~17.5(moser baer brand).lesser no. of dvd's to burn which means easier to carry around.also any decent brand dvd will last for 4-5 years if kept properly in a cd folder/pouch in a humidity free environment.

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Moser Baer quality of DVD has deteriorated a lot in the past few years and i would strongly recommend not to use them. SONY is also good in terms of quality.

Also one thing for keeping the DVDs for a long time, is to avoid those cheap CD pouch. Better to use jewel case, if the DVDs contain very important data.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
As far as i know, Sony and Verbatim get their DVDs manufactured from the same company, though i cant recall the name of the manufacturer. If you go for Sony, a 50 pack should cost you max Rs. 650 (50 x Rs. 13). I havent purchased Verbatim, but i can vouch for their quality

Sarath

iDota
Buy tiao yuden Japanese made Verbatim brand DVDs

Surprisingly they sell for the price of a normal DVD but are much better quality.

Ill come back with the link when I have a pc

tkin

Back to school!!
From where do you people buy verbatims? Can't find them locally. Give me an online link.

tkin

Back to school!!
Thats the name! Tiao Yuden! Thats the company the makes Sony and Verbatim dvds as far as i know
Its Taio Yuden, are all Sony DVDs made by Taio Yuden?

See these links:

Are any if these Made in Japan?

Verbatim DVD-R: Verbatim DVD-R Matt Silver 50pack 16x 4.7gb DVD AZO | eBay

Verbatim DVD+R: 50 pack Verbatim DVD+R Matt Silver 16x 4.7GB AZO | eBay

Sony DVD-R: SONY 4.7GB/120min 1X-16X BLANK DVD Media DVD-R Pack-100 DVD | eBay

Sony DVD+R: Sony DVD+R 100 Pack Spindle 4.7GB | eBay

Which one is best among these? Please reply asap. And any other alternatives?

@ OP/ Sorry for hijacking thread, but as both of our interests are common I believe this will help us.

@ Souro, any shop in chandni that sells dvds? Originals, not duplicates.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@tkin,don't buy from ebay products of dvdstoredelhi instead buy them cheaper directly from their site unless you prefer ebay paisapay.
*www.theitbazaar.com/store/our-shop...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=158&category_id=57

tkin

Back to school!!
I prefer ebay, if they don't ship in time, they get a kick in the nut, also I'll use discount coupons anyway.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well my experience with itbazaar so far has been good.after ordering(before 1PM)they usually ship same day or next day.i always got the delivery within 5 days.btw i did some searching & found out that moser baer makes/rebrand the verbatim dvd's here in India(according to disc id as shown in imgburn/nero).so unless verbatim dvd's are made in japan the other verbatim dvd's(single or dual layer) sold here are same as moser baer.
Mitsubishi Chemicals DVD+R DL - Page 4 - Club MyCE
MKM001 sold as Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL
DVD write 4x speed only.......why? Sony Optiarc AD-7260S 24x DVD±RW - TechEnclave
Bought National dvd dual layer
Physical Format Information (ADIP - L0):
Disc ID: MKM-001-00
national media for xgd3??

tkin

Back to school!!
well my experience with itbazaar so far has been good.after ordering(before 1PM)they usually ship same day or next day.i always got the delivery within 5 days.btw i did some searching & found out that moser baer makes/rebrand the verbatim dvd's here in India(according to disc id as shown in imgburn/nero).so unless verbatim dvd's are made in japan the other verbatim dvd's(single or dual layer) sold here are same as moser baer.
Mitsubishi Chemicals DVD+R DL - Page 4 - Club MyCE

DVD write 4x speed only.......why? Sony Optiarc AD-7260S 24x DVD±RW - TechEnclave

national media for xgd3??
I just mailed him in ebay, if those are DVD+R made in Japan, I'm gonna get me some right away.

How's moserbaer Sterling these days?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
according to posts at techenclave,dvdstoredelhi/itbazaar's verbatim with AZO technology are indeed made in japan.see here too:
Question: Verbatim AZO DVD+R (would these one's be quality discs) - Club MyCE

no idea about moser baer sterling but if someone you know is using them you can ask for disk/media ID as shown in imgburn/nero.that will give some idea about its quality.

tkin

Back to school!!
according to posts at techenclave,dvdstoredelhi/itbazaar's verbatim with AZO technology are indeed made in japan.see here too:
Question: Verbatim AZO DVD+R (would these one's be quality discs) - Club MyCE
Haven't got a reply yet, but something tells me that ebay link is not the made in japan type, so I'm gonna order 2x50 packs from them via website, what's their payment option? Nothing stated in website :|

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i paid by depositing cash directly in their icici account as there is an icici branch 10min from my home & also because my online banking account was having some problems.you will get options & delivery charges once you add the items into your cart.you have to then make payment & email them stating your order no.to confirm shipping.

tkin

Back to school!!
i paid by depositing cash directly in their icici account as there is an icici branch 10min from my home & also because my online banking account was having some problems.you will get options & delivery charges once you add the items into your cart.you have to then make payment & email them stating your order no.to confirm shipping.
I'm buying this week for sure. Just need to find the icici branch.

Found it, I'll go ahead, thanks again.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Super Deals on Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7GB Made in Japan - TechEnclave

Also this :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consumer-...-else/145615-blank-media-cd-dvd-bd-guide.html

Top Bottom