50-55k gaming rig

Banktewn

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

Crysis 2, skyrim, guild wars 2, TSW, battlefield, GTA 5 when it gets out and I want to be able to play most new high end games that come out for a few years. (if not at high settings, atleast moderate ones)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
50-55k is what im looking to spend but i can raise this by a few thousand if i need to.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
Eventually, yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
500GB+

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
Yes, i would like to buy a monitor. I want a decent sized one of like 22inches or so.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
I already have a UPS, looking to buy everything else :p

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
In a month or two is when im looking to buy the new PC
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
No i have never built a desktop before and this will be my first attempt at building one :) All tips welcome!
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
I live in chennai atm but ill be moving close to banglore soon, i have no issues with buying online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would like to know if i can build a decent setup with the budget available to me that will last me atleast 2-3 years. Also want to be able to get things replaced if they start going belly up on me so i need products with good warranty and support.

Thanks a lot for the help guys :)

Gamersam

Broken In
you should try this confi. -
Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i5 3570k 13500
Motherboard asus P8H77-V LE 10500
GPU saphire HD 7850 15000
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB 1550
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4270
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite 2400
PSU Seasonis S12 II 620 4620
Monitor Benq G2222HDL 7600
KB + Mouse MS Desktop Wired 600 760
Speakers Altec Lancing BXR1221 1100

total - 62410
these are the prices online but you could get the components cheaper if you buy locally you could bring the prices down by 4k if you are lucky :razz:
and it would be best if you could extend your budget to 60k
these are the prices i got from smcinternational.:|

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD Pheom II X4 970 B.E. @ 7.6K
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 @ 6.6K
G-skill Ripjaw 4GB X 1 1600 MHz DDR3 @ 1.55K
Seasonic SII12 620 620W 80+ Bronze @ 4.6K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA II 4.05K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.5K
Gigabyte HD 7870 OC 2 GB GDDR5 @ 21.1K
BenQ G2220HDL 21.5" Full HD LED Display @ 7.5K
Asus SATA Black 24X DVD R/W @ 1K

Total: 56.5K

Banktewn, since your requirement is hard core gaming, this config will serve you better becuase of the presence of HD 7870 OC which offers better performance than GTX 580. Since you're on overclocking, get a good CPU cooler like Deep Kool Ice Blade Pro around 2.65K from the itwares.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
AMD Phenom Processors are readily available at Flipkart. Here's the Link -

AMD 3.5 GHz AM3 Phenom II 970 Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^But it has lower clock speed and is not a BE one. I'd say stick with configuration given by Cilus.

Top Bottom