5 best strategy games ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
Good to see some folks mentioning Starcraft. Truly legendary. In terms of unit distinction and creating different races, no game has ever matched it.

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
bikdel said:
for me its

Red Alert 2
AOE 2
Commandoes: BEL

how's warcraft?.... quite old isnt it?

Both Warcraft and Starcraft are:

a. old
b. developed by the same company (blizzard)
c. have similar gameplay
d. most important - amongst the best strategy games ever created !

For any strategy games lover, these are must plays. You could not do better than to get Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War. Graphics are, of course, no match for today's games but I swear the gameplay and the unit / race distinction are not matched by any game even today !

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
Good to see a Civ IV fan. What level did u reach ? I am struggling a little at Monarch but I think I will be able to win after a couple of tries.

V

vaibhavtek

According to me:-

1. Age Of Mythology
2. Age Of Mythology - The Titans
3. Age Of Empire III
4. Civilization IV
5. Rome Total War
:cool: :cool: :cool:

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
1. Rise of Nations +/- Throne & Patriots expansion
2. Age of Empires 2 + Conquerors expansion
3. MechCommander/Mech Warrior series
4. Age of Mythology +/- Titan's Expansion
5. Warcraft III

Civs & Empire Earth are too slow for my taste

Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Settlers 2: Gold Edition
Starcraft
Age of Empires 2
Civilisation: Alpha Centauri

Im stuck in the past!

rajasekharan

Youngling
1. C&C red alert 2, Yuri's revenge.
2.AOE 1,2 (man i still love age of kings...:) )
3. Starcraft and expansion, Diablo 1, 2, LOD.
4.Civ 4.
5.Commandos (All except the FPS one).

thats it , well i have not played diablo (hell fire , expansion pack)
stopped playing AOE series after playing AOE 3 , it was disappointing to me.
C&C series is rising after a disappointing series of Generals, and ground zero???(expansion), well , i like the ingame video theme of C&C thats what the game is all about...:), it really makes you play it.
diablo , well what more can i say about it , it will make you alone in the society ...;), well at least it made me so. i played many months and still playing it though...

commandos , aaaahhh initially it was a pain in the ***, but thats what that makes it interesting...a must play game.

too_techy

Broken In
1.Age of Empires II
2.Rome Total War
3.Rise of nations
4.Agw of mythology
5.Civ III

Nice to know that there are several CIV fans around here, its a slow but addictive game. Eventhough Civ IV appears to be better than civ III, Personally I found it pretty hard to play :( ,so its not on my list.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
I have played only three strategy games, all multiplayer though, very rarely I play strategy games single player :(.

1. AOE 2 The Conquerors Expansion
2. DOTA ( Warcraft III Frozen Throne)
3. Rise Of Nations

And I must admit the fact that these games are far more interesting, enjoying and addictive in multiplayer mode rather than single player.

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
too_techy said:
Eventhough Civ IV appears to be better than civ III, Personally I found it pretty hard to play :( ,so its not on my list.
Civ IV is a little hard and takes a little getting used to but once you figure out some of the finer points, trust me it is immensely enjoyable and by far the deepest strategy game ever. Deepest as in you can go on learning and improving your game and there are virtually infinite different ways of playing it as against the more linear gameplay of many other strat games.

YOU MUST PLAY IT MORE AND MASTER IT if you liked Civ III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom