5 best strategy games ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay_111

Broken In
Alright, I am deciding which one to buy after Civ IV and you guys can help and also post your opinion which all of us like.

Which are the 5 best strategy games ever ? Here is my list:

Starcraft (certainly the best) !
Civ IV
Homeworld
Rise of Nations
Warcraft III

Go guys. Post your lists !!!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
son dont get civ 4 its horibly boring
i reccommend u get company of heroes its just awesome man company of heroes is really fun to play and its online play rocks as well.
also get command and conquer 3. its one of the best rts available next to company of heroes​

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
according to me........
commandos: men of courage
warcraft III
age of empires
age of mythology
empire earth

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
entrana said:
son dont get civ 4 its horibly boring
i reccommend u get company of heroes its just awesome man company of heroes is really fun to play and its online play rocks as well.​

also get command and conquer 3. its one of the best rts available next to company of heroes​
First off, you are calling me son !! I have seen your other posts (including on threads started by me). I am old enough to be your dad !

If you found Civ IV boring, then, shall we say, we probably have drastically different tastes ! But then again, we both like games like "The Longest Journey" and from whatever I hear of "Company of Heroes", I am sure to like it.

Chances are - you will like Civ IV if play it properly. Want to play with me sometime - send me an e-mail on sanjay_111@hotmail.com. Since we both are in Cal, I can show what an immensely enjoyable game Civ IV is.

cheers

Who

Guess Who's Back
Hey sanjay i agree with you CIV 4 is the best game stratgy game out there, i mean not ever game recives 9.4 from gamespot :D

by the way you should go & buy C&C 3 , its single player campaing is really long & enjoyable , while many people say company of heroes is better than C&C 3 , i kinda disagree because its campaing is kinda short (14 missions) & multiplayers lags badly even on a 512 k connection , not to say relic multiplayer servers suck.... but if you still want to try company of heroes first, i would be happy to tell you some good mods to enchnce the game life.

also you should try supreme commander , it also a good game but do try the games i mentioned above before trying this game;

Have a nice day.

dreamseller

Right off the assembly line
My List:

1)Civilization 3 (Best)
2)Commandoes Series
3)Age Of Empires II
4)Age Of Mythology
5)Rise Of Nations

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Hey guys I don't see games like Command and conquer:generals and Zero hour.They are some of the best RTS game I ever played.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Commandos: BEL
Commandos: BCD
Commandos II: Men of courage
Commandos III: Destination Berlin.

Thats all :D

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
C&C3:Tiberium wars is something i am looking forward to. In Forum mall (Bangalore) it costs about 999/-.
Among others, I would say that Age of Empires:The Conquerors Expansion is the best game I have ever played for the longest period of time......4 years so far, and still not bored out of it.
Regarding Civ4, I wonder how guys play it. I agree I didnt go with the documents as there is so much to read first than play :p I agree the concept is very good but again turn based game makes it kinda wait and think sort of game. No doubt many rate it very high.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
My List

1. Rise of Nations
2. Age of Empires II / Age of Mythology
3. Caeser III
4. Warcraft III Reign of Chaos
5. Empire Earth

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
Looks like C&C 3 and Company of Heroes are getting the best reviews. There is another one that I have seen - just launched about a week back - "World in Conflict". It seems kind of different. There is no resource gathering and building. You just get some units and complete the mission with them. The scenrio is modern times.. Have half a mind to download demo and try it out if my computer can play it. Some of you might want to do the same.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
^^^in that case ground control is good too, what do you think? I guess a few of its versions are free now

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
I am amazed none of you named Starcraft. Has anyone played this old game ?! If not, rest assured, if you ever liked any RTS, you will love it !

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
For mutiplayer - starcraft
For single player - warcraft 3, age of mythology and C&C series in descending order of addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom