5.1 Speakers dilemma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
@sam93.....abt clearity...hehhehe well clarity is subjective....i saw transformers...wanted z5300...but listened yanni...some how violins sounded better on altec....but when i increased vol....altec sucks like a vaccum..
coz THX do come in handy in a spk...

Altec is ofcourse a good option if ona budget...u got money go for thx certified sets..in logitech stable i like only z5300 and z5500...otherwise i only go for xreative megaworks..its cost effective too...

expensive than z5300 and cheaper than z5500,,so royal u may want to look into that too....but soemhow creative lost the value nowadays....

mmm well again too subjective ans......... anyhow let the OP listen to both. BTW you are true when you say creative has lost its value big time in recent days. I must admit even Altech has suffered the commercial hit subsequent to their initiall expensive models. There ATP series were really good and I'd say the ATP3 2.1 still rules. Currently there models have suffered a quality loss in order to bring down the price. Lots of models were brought and dropped too frequently. For the same price as 5500 or may be less no idea about the current price klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 System is also worth a demo.

I remember last worth product creative brought in market was in collaboration with the cambridge soundworks/megaworks...... . Its been a long time since I listened to them (it was the DTT model if I remember correctly). Cambrage Soundworks as brought some really worthy products in market, noticibally Creative MegaWorks 510D 5.1 and 550. Are they still available/continuing, whats the price for these sets now....??

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
YUP U ARE RIGHT THERE PAL......

Creative megaworks...that exact same model i refered in a previous post...

but u know abt klipsch..u beter stay awasy..great prduct but service a pain in the ass...and repairs u have no idea believe me..a frnd of mine is like crazy abt bose diveon klipsc goldsmund...believe me he got all of these..spks HT headphones mic..hes a great sounds gy....when ppl like him say u have to believe...

OP
sagardani

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Its a bit of sad situation here. My parents forced me to postpone decesion of speakers...:cry: In their opinion 4.1 is enough:((how can it be??????:eek:)... So I'll let you guys know when I have them. We had a great discussion here and Im grateful to our bhais- sam9s and Mayank. We've made this thread ideal to those who are looking for 5.1 speakers. I really thank all of you guys... Still Im trying my best to convince my parents:p.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

i ordered the freakin thing for 20K.........hey in blore can u gimme the full address..i might tell some frnds to pick up....

No.92/4,Vanshee Towers, Nr Innovative Multiplex, Outer Ring Rd, Marathahalli, Bangalore - 560037

This one is next to Motorola/Intel office complex. It's a pretty huge building and easy to identity. They have huge collection of peripherals.

also, ask your friends to check in SP Road also. YOu might get it for a lower price there but difficult to find.

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
THNKS...will chk it out today

@sagar....

if u think of 4.1...its better to go for altec mx5021 2.1 spks....THX certified..kick ass system....

4.1 sucks..used to be cooll..now no point...

Last edited:
OP
sagardani

sagardani

Lost in LOST
@sagar....

if u think of 4.1...its better to go for altec mx5021 2.1 spks....THX certified..kick ass system....

4.1 sucks..used to be cooll..now no point...

I meant to say I currently have 4.1 but now want to shift on 5.1.... Thats why created this Mahabharat thread..:cool:

shashank_re

In the zone
Hey guys yeaterday i have purchased Logitech Z-5500 in Home Town! and the price of it was.......................................Rs.14990 only!!!!!!!!!! Yes you read ir right,only 14.9k!!!

When i asked the price,they said 16.9k,i didnot want to bargain as it was 19k in S.P Road. But during the payment,they gave me bill of Rs.14990.I was surprised but i didnot say/ask them anything i blindly handed over my CC.Thats It :)

I dont know whether that price was mistake or there was some disount! But they didnot mention anyrhing like that.

NOTE: All the prcies i have mentioned here are INCLUSIVE OF TAX,VATetc.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
WTF????????????????????????

where do u live...is this blore in india......????

oh god why....

shashank_re

In the zone
yeah i purchased from Home Town, Marathahalli , Bangalore.

A BIG thanks to desiibond for giving the details of Home Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom