5.1 output........Please HELP ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

zany

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends.....Recently i buyed a Videocon DVD player which supports 5.1 speakers...and also i buyed a Creative 5.1 speakers.......Well but the problem is when i burn a mp3 disc in Nero and play it in the videocon player...output is available only in two speakers !!!!....but when i played a original DVD [sony bmg "Rang De Basanti"]....it plays very well and output is available on all the speakers....so if it is the problem with writing the cd/dvd...Then please guide me how to write a cd/dvd to have output in all the speakers of 5.1...

garefield

Broken In
its beacuse the songs u burn on ur cd were 2 channel sound they were not 5.1 songs so only 2 spakers appear to sound while others r quit to tell u most of the songs r 2 channel stereo

slugger

Banned
AFAIK data in mp3 r encoded using 2 channels, bcos of which u r able 2 hear sound from only 2 speakers. ders simple no data 2 b rtransmitted 2 the other channels

as 4 ur DVD, it is bcos the audio has been encoded in 5.1 channels so you can hear a particular sound from dat particular speaker. each speakers has been alloted a dedicated audio stream

DAt is y u must have read in the various speaker reviews dat if u r into muzik u must buy a 2.1 speaker whereas if u r into moviez u must buy a 5.1 set

you cud try to encode ur songs in mp3 surround encoder

heres a little background

MP3 SX converts two-channel content into surround. MP3 SX achieves a stable localization of vocalists and solo instruments even off the sweet spot. Additionally, MP3 SX presents the feeling of envelopment by analyzing the ambience sounds already present in the stereo source. MP3 SX supports a seamless transition from stereo to surround sound.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zany

slugger said:
AFAIK data in mp3 r encoded using 2 channels, bcos of which u r able 2 hear sound from only 2 speakers. ders simple no data 2 b rtransmitted 2 the other channels

as 4 ur DVD, it is bcos the audio has been encoded in 5.1 channels so you can hear a particular sound from dat particular speaker. each speakers has been alloted a dedicated audio stream

DAt is y u must have read in the various speaker reviews dat if u r into muzik u must buy a 2.1 speaker whereas if u r into moviez u must buy a 5.1 set

you cud try to encode ur songs in mp3 surround encoder

heres a little background
Thank you ....... But none of the links work .... so please update them ....

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks a lot slugger for the links.....
@zany u also get some free dts files on net u can download them if u waana listen to 5.1 music...

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm not sure if your DVD player can upmix to 5.1, but depending on your soundcard software, it should upmix it to stereoX2, which duplicates the front two onto the rear...

OP
Z

zany

slugger

Banned
zany said:
ok thank you .... now it worked.....but i dint get much help.....will the output be available from all the 5 speakers if i write DVD AUDIO [NOT DVD MP3]...?
this sw is basically 4 mp3 encoding, but i'm not sure 'cause i don't have 5.1 so did not try encoding it, y don't u try it and keep us posted on d reults

slugger

Banned
ax3 said:
i like 2 hear mp3 songs on my SONY system through WINAMP bt the output sound isnt THAT as it sounds in a HEADPHONE ......

any plugin 2 play these files @ same volume or increase output ???

i have even changed the wires connecting them ........ bt no use ......

u cud try out these DSP plugins in combination, 2 see how it works out

Enhancer
3D surround
DSP stacker

first install the DSP stacker and then from the window dat open up select Ehancer as the first plugin and #D surround as the second

works wonders if u listneing on headphones, but was not very satisfied with this combo's performance over speakers. try it out and keep us posted. d enhancer plugin also has a boost option to increase the volume

arnab2kool

On the net
I have one good DSP plugin. works great if you can configure it well. Configuring the equalizer is just like 123. If you need it give me a pm containing your email address and I will give you the full version! And the equalizer settings that I am using in my computer, and it sounds excellent.

Thank you.

dabster

In the zone
yes,
1. You will need to upmix the "stereo mp3" to "mp3 surround" using the software given in the links and burn them on disc.
2 Burning a DVD-Audio will work, but not an optimal solution as then you will be upmixing the stereo mp3 to a very high bitrate, thus wasting space...
3. On the other note I think there should be some option in the DVD player to upmix the mp3 stereo output to 5.1 channels...

Let me know the Player Model which has capability to upmix stereo so I will take care when I buy the player...

karan_kapoorr

i am having sony home theater system i want that all my speakers work.prsently
my centre speker doesn't work. when i play original movie cd centre speker work's.i want that when i play mp3 songs my centre speaker should work.is there any software for this

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^ offtopic. I heard from my friend that we need a 5.1 sound card on the PC to get the 5.1 surround system Effect. But I see many friends of mine who dont have an additional sound card but still use 5.1 Speakers. Can someone give info on this?

karan_kapoorr

^ now a days, many of the decent motherboards supply 5.1 sound card inbuilt .
So, nothing to be astonished of.:)
please reply to query of mine

^^ offtopic. I heard from my friend that we need a 5.1 sound card on the PC to get the 5.1 surround system Effect. But I see many friends of mine who dont have an additional sound card but still use 5.1 Speakers. Can someone give info on this?
please reply
i am having sony home theater system i want that all my speakers work.prsently
my centre speker doesn't work. when i play original movie cd centre speker work's.i want that when i play mp3 songs my centre speaker should work.is there any software for this
please help me in this situation

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Karan,
Just google the name of the motherboards ur frnds use, and u'll get to know that they all have at least 5.1 channel sound support (if built within 2yrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom