Status
Not open for further replies.

sashijoseph

In the zone
@Karan
You may try using Matrix-Mixer.
Download here : *sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=76433

Which soundcard are you using?

In your Sony system look for an option like 5.1 upmixing or 5.1 emulation or sth. like that.

ajayritik

Technomancer
or just simply ffdshow decoder, which actually upmixes to 5.1 Channels.
Dude you really bumped into an old thread!

@Karan,
Just google the name of the motherboards ur frnds use, and u'll get to know that they all have at least 5.1 channel sound support (if built within 2yrs)
Sorry for bumping into an old thread. I guesss you were replying to my query. I have the following motherboard. Would I have an inbuilt 5.1 sound card or would I need to buy a separate one?
Intel Desktop Board DG965RY

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sorry for bumping into an old thread. I guesss you were replying to my query. I have the following motherboard. Would I have an inbuilt 5.1 sound card or would I need to buy a separate one?
Intel Desktop Board DG965RY

As per this and this ur board supports 5.1 channel sound :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@ajay

I have the same motherboard and can play 5.1 sound(tested with friend's speakers). However I cant solve any problems you might have, because I dont have a 5.1 speaker set.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys...understand simple thing.
To get a 5.1 output its not enough to have the right H/W.
The song/movie has to be in 5.1 format.

Now, why don't they make a 5.1 audio CD I don't know. But most movie DVDs releasing now-a-days come with 5.1 channel audio.

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ajay

I have the same motherboard and can play 5.1 sound(tested with friend's speakers). However I cant solve any problems you might have, because I dont have a 5.1 speaker set.
I don't want you to solve any of my problems as I don't have any problem as of now. I was just checking if my motherboard supports 5.1 Sound or not.
Guys...understand simple thing.
To get a 5.1 output its not enough to have the right H/W.
The song/movie has to be in 5.1 format.

Now, why don't they make a 5.1 audio CD I don't know. But most movie DVDs releasing now-a-days come with 5.1 channel audio.

I understand what you are trying to say rhitwick I was just concerned about the hardware part not about the file whether it has 5.1 or not.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I understand what you are trying to say rhitwick I was just concerned about the hardware part not about the file whether it has 5.1 or not.
Ur mobo supports 5.1 channel audio. I've posted it in my previous post(first page).
Even links are provided there for ur mobo spec :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ur mobo supports 5.1 channel audio. I've posted it in my previous post(first page).
Even links are provided there for ur mobo spec :)
I have checked with my cousin who after observing the connectors at the back of my Cabinet has confirmed that I can't connect a 5.1 sound system to my PC. Is it possible for you to post an image of how the 5.1 connector at the back of the cabinet looks like so that I can check if I have similar one with me.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I have checked with my cousin who after observing the connectors at the back of my Cabinet has confirmed that I can't connect a 5.1 sound system to my PC. Is it possible for you to post an image of how the 5.1 connector at the back of the cabinet looks like so that I can check if I have similar one with me.

Check this link
*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1111756&CatId=2769

This how it should look (may vary the color coding).
Nowhere in net I could get a full view of ur mobo, only specs are there. So can't comment how ur mobo looks in terms of audio ports.

Oh, yeah, in the link, plz scroll down for a close look:grin:

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
But most movie DVDs releasing now-a-days come with 5.1 channel audio.

This is the most common mis-conception in the market!

Even if you buy the original DVDs of a latest Hollywood flick chances are slim that the encoding will be in 5.1 channel (most of them come in 2.1D channel). I rent movies from 70mm almost every other day and the last movie in which I enjoyed a Dolby 5.1 channel sound was The Dark knight. Each of these DVDs will cost nothing less than Rs. 599-Rs.699. So it sucks in a way that you spend a fortune on these DVDs and what you get is an inferior product.

Some of the very few movies in which I remember enjoying 5.1 channel sound was:

Dark Knight
Fashion
Spider Man 3
Saving Private Ryan (And Man! what an experience that was...:)!)

amitash

Intel OCer
hey maybe one of the options on ur player might make it play from all speakers...On my sony 7.1 set dvd player theres an option to "fill speakers" and it plays the same thing from all speakers

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Dude, I know how to read and where to search for audio format on a DVD.

I never said you can't read or write.

hey maybe one of the options on ur player might make it play from all speakers...On my sony 7.1 set dvd player theres an option to "fill speakers" and it plays the same thing from all speakers

"Filling speakers" & getting a 5.1 channel encoded sound are two different things!

ajayritik

Technomancer
Check this link
*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1111756&CatId=2769

This how it should look (may vary the color coding).
Nowhere in net I could get a full view of ur mobo, only specs are there. So can't comment how ur mobo looks in terms of audio ports.

Oh, yeah, in the link, plz scroll down for a close look:grin:
Tough luck for me dude! I have only three ports at the back of the cabinet. I have two at the front of the cabinet but I think they are extensions. So do I have to buy an internal card for 5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom