5.1 output........Please HELP ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
One of my friends has a laptop to which he wants to connect his home theater system. How can he do this? At another friend's place I saw him using an external sound card from creative. How much would this card cost and does this card help our purpose?

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
If the laptop has 5.1 analog output then there is no need of a USB Sound card. You can use software technologies like SRS, ProLogic, Neo to simulate/derive 5.1 surround from stereo.

Otherwise you can buy any USB 5.1 Soundcard with CMSS/2 or ProLogic II for surround sound. Creative cost you around 4k.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
All the basic creative cards have CMSS and some Audigys have CMSS2 while the new X-FI cards have CMSS-3D. The new Asus cards have ProLogic IIx.

You can choose anything depending on your budget from 2000-20000

But remember, you dont need any of tease stereo upmix facilities, if you are watching 5.1 Dloby digitsl/DTS Movies only. They will come into action only for pure stereo/mono music. But they never come close to real 5.1 source.

Also remember, I never like tease upmix technologies and still love to listen pure stereo from my two active front speakers.

ajayritik

Technomancer
All the basic creative cards have CMSS and some Audigys have CMSS2 while the new X-FI cards have CMSS-3D. The new Asus cards have ProLogic IIx.

You can choose anything depending on your budget from 2000-20000

But remember, you dont need any of tease stereo upmix facilities, if you are watching 5.1 Dloby digitsl/DTS Movies only. They will come into action only for pure stereo/mono music. But they never come close to real 5.1 source.

Also remember, I never like tease upmix technologies and still love to listen pure stereo from my two active front speakers.
Dude is it possible for me to check if I can connect physically the 5.1 speakers to my PC leave alone whether I get the great quality or not. If you can check the posts above some of the guys have mentioned that I can connect it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First, for a 5.1 speaker u'l only have three cords.
on general conception/color coding:
Green: Center
Black:Rear
Orange:Front

Connect this way and u'l set up ur 5.1 audio system.

/in ur case u say, its only three ports out there. I guess one is green (its for woofer out/speaker out)
Orange/pink (its for Line in/Mic) Sky Blue(its for Line out)

Check them and check ur MOBO manual about the ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom