5.1 Channel Blue-Ray HTS Suggestions..??

summers

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I have a Samsung 43" inch 3D plasma TV and want to purchase a nice HTS for better movie experience, coz the sound quality of TV itself is not upto the mark. My budget is 25,000/- and i shall be buying online if not available with local dealers.

I have found Yamaha YHT-196 / Sony BDV-E880 a suitable choice as it is having optical/digital audio in for connecting it to the TV.

Please suggest which one is better among the two in terms of sound quality and featues/ any other good models within the budget.

Gollum

Collector
I got this link from google. same this better deal IMO

Shop for Yamaha YHT 196 5.1 Channels Home Theatre System at Reliance Digital

OP
summers

summers

Journeyman
Go for Yamaha. Alternately you can look into Onkyo and Denon HTS also.

Both Onkyo and Denon are quite costly than Yamaha YHT-196. I am ruling out Sony as i've read on net guys suggesting not to buy Sony / Philips when you get yamaha at same budget. I am a bit inclined towards the Yamaha, but may also buy Onkyo.

Plz suggest if it is worth to spend 6K to 7K more for Onkyo. Also, there are no local shops at the place where i live, i can't take a demo before purchasing. I'll have to go by the reviews and suggestions.

And what about ASS of Yamaha / Onkyo, if anything goes wrong...??

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Yamaha 196 does not support audio over hdmi, HD audio decoding and 3D passthrough. The first feature is very important because without it you will need to run another cable for audio.

OP
summers

summers

Journeyman
Yamaha 196 does not support audio over hdmi, HD audio decoding and 3D passthrough. The first feature is very important because without it you will need to run another cable for audio.

What are the other options then..? Suggestions with specific model no. will be appreciated.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
In 25K, you can get Onkyo 3400. Extend the budget to 30K and you have more options like Denon 1312XP, Onkyo 3500, Yamaha 296/298. All have latest features like 4 3D ready HDMI inputs, HD audio decoding and a couple of optical/coaxial digital inputs and lots of analog inputs which will be very useful to connect all your devices. Remember none of these have blu-ray player so you will need to buy blu-ray player or hd media player. But the sound quality will surpass any mass market make like from Sony, Samsung, LG etc. If you want a 3D blu-ray home theater then LG has one under 25K. It has 2 HDMI inputs. But it is always prudent to get AVR based HTs.

LG 5.1 3D BLUE RAY HOME THEATER SYSTEM BS 7220B IPHONE PLAYBACK | eBay

OP
summers

summers

Journeyman

I may be able to stretch my budget to 30K, but are these features available in Yamaha 296 / Onkyo 3500 / Denon 1312XP....??

Is it worth spending extra 5k - 6k worth rupees....??

Plz also tell me about after sales service of yamaha / onkyo / denon, in case any problem arises. This will be my first HTS and i don't wanna mess it up.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
All the latest features are available in these HTIBs. It is always good to get latest receivers and it is worth paying that extra money. All these can play songs from usb pendrive too. But no movie playback. Servicing won't be a problem as all these companies have service centers in different places.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yamaha is not good, I have heard it and I would like to tell you that Sony and Philips are better than that.
Onkyo is really good.
I haven't heard Denon but people say it is good.
Apart from that you can look out for something in sony too, if you want a easy and a simple setup.
If you wish to have a huge setup which can work as a DJ and can spend a boom then have a look at Sony component HT- M5, I own it and believe me not only I buy anyone who hears it just loves it, I can say that I am a proud owner of the beast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom