4G services coming in India

masterkd

Padawan
First 4G service to be launched in Calcutta

Hard to believe in this bleak season but Calcutta is indeed set to launch a revolution this month.

The city will be the epicentre of the broadband revolution with telecom giant Bharti Airtel preparing to launch the country’s first 4G service later this month.

“It (4G services) will be launched this month in the City of Joy,” Bharti Airtel CEO Sanjay Kapoor said on sidelines of a GSMA event.

The city is once again being cast in its all-too-familiar role as the place that ignites tectonic changes in our lives that the rest of India soon latches on to. But don’t ask what happened the day after and long after that.

Source

Minion

Conversation Architect
So what? 3g prices are skyrocket even for gprs they are having caps it will take a decade for 3g to be cheap in india.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well....I really hope 4g makes 3g cheap.
But Its to fast.Airtel doesnt even provide proper 3g in my area :(.

HellFragger

Broken In
i really don't understand, as to why carriers want to hoard bandwidth. agreed, operational costs play a part, but wider acceptance and proliferation will mean similar profits at low costs also.
they are really not aggressive enough at 3G marketing. they are still using conventional methods of advertising.

as for 4G....yeah right....here is a joke that will soon be seen on Airtel website : " Rs 100 for 100MB data pack 4G, validity 1 day "

more like validity f-ing 1 min !

Niilesh

Padawan
i really don't understand, as to why carriers want to hoard bandwidth. agreed, operational costs play a part, but wider acceptance and proliferation will mean similar profits at low costs also.
they are really not aggressive enough at 3G marketing. they are still using conventional methods of advertising.

as for 4G....yeah right....here is a joke that will soon be seen on Airtel website : " Rs 100 for 100MB data pack 4G, validity 1 day "

more like validity f-ing 1 min !
Nah.. it will be like

400 MB/month
Price: 1K

HellFragger

Broken In
lulz...

my friend in US sent me a screen shot showing 28Mbps speeds on 4G LTE...i asked him what is his data cap....turns out 5GB :)

but they do get super fast landline 30mbps internet for dirt cheap rates :|

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Wait for RIL to join d party and than only we will see the real competition between these telcos, and price cuts in tariffs

icebags

Technomancer
3G has several limitations that doesn't allow it to be cheap. 4G addresses those. If 4G gets popularity, then 3G will probably be extinct.

Anyways, what 4G capable handsets are there in market now ?

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Dont even have 3G at my place they are talking about 4G:duh2:
Even 3G doesn't look feasible with all those MB limits.During my stay in HK I had Unlimited 3G for around Rs.1200 and Unlimited LTE for Rs 3000 + modem rental.Avg speeds 6 Mbps for 3G and 45 to 60 Mbps for LTE.
Instead of coming up with 2G,3G,4G...100G they should try to focus on making Internet affordable.

Top Bottom