3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I am gonna get it from USA.

In India it will certainly cost a lot. Should cost around 12k-15k. Definitely not 28k as mentioned earlier. In USA, it's a steal for 8k. ipod Touch costs more. Right?

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
^^ I am gonna get it from USA.

In India it will certainly cost a lot. Should cost around 12k-15k. Definitely not 28k as mentioned earlier. In USA, it's a steal for 8k. ipod Touch costs more. Right?
\

Actually, I went through the WWDC Steve Job's Presentation.. there he specifically mentioned that the price of iPhone 3G 8 GB will be AT MOST $199 MSRP in all the countries it is releasing.. I guess that means there would be no price difference between the handsets sold in India and USA or in fact any other countries... :)

Pathik

Google Bot
^Who told you that? And according to the Airtel PR, they would be launching it by end of July definitely.

Btw, Preshit, have you tried NOP on it?

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
\

Actually, I went through the WWDC Steve Job's Presentation.. there he specifically mentioned that the price of iPhone 3G 8 GB will be AT MOST $199 MSRP in all the countries it is releasing.. I guess that means there would be no price difference between the handsets sold in India and USA or in fact any other countries... :)

That's for the first 22 countries that are getting it on July 11th. not the rest.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
And Aayush, the day when people stop complaining and stop asking for improvements would be the day when innovation will end.
That I know, and I have nary a problem with genuine complaints. You want to bemoan the continued lack of video recording, Bluetooth file transfer, external drive support, copy-paste or A2DP, be my guest.

What I do have a problem with, however, is people complaining about having to sign up a contract (if you thought there was any chance at all that you’d get something like the iPhone for less than Rs. 15,000 without any catches whatsoever, maybe it’s time to visit a shrink) and Apple “cheating developers”. It’s the ridiculous complaints that get me riled up and comments like, “200$ does sound like a reasonable price to pay”.

WTF, people, get a clue!

I got my iPhone cause of the iPhone, not to show off or anything.
Yeah, right. Maybe I should’ve video recorded that scene with the popats and posted it on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Well well.... going here *apple.co.in/store/ indicates India is probably going to get Itunes Store as well...Thats good news as well
Umm… what gives you that indication? It’s exactly like it used to be before.

But it doesnt have Bluetooth?????????
It does, but it’s only there to pair with Bluetooth headsets and nothing else—no file transfers, no synchronisation, no Internet sharing and no A2DP.

^Who told you that? And according to the Airtel PR, they would be launching it by end of July definitely.
If you mean the PR release on Apple’s website then no, it only says “coming soon”. If there is some other PR release I’m unaware of, then I don’t know.

Btw, Preshit, have you tried NOP on it?
It doesn’t work. On prepaid, you have to do an easy recharge of Rs. 498. It’s unlimited and valid for a month.

Last edited:

sandeepk

Journeyman
As per the presentation which I saw later, it says that the price will be consistent throughout the world. It probably means that iPhone will cost around Rs.8500 when it will launch. Now it be with contract with Airtel or Vodafone only as far as I think. Probably atleast Rs.500 or more per month (with 100MB/month data. This is India you know!!!!)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^see. the thing's with Custom duties. For India, custom charges are heavy and so when iphone is launched, it will be at a higher price.

There is also a possibility of keeping phone's price at 8k-9k and set higher datarate but I don't think that is possible due to the competition from BSNL and other carriers.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
That's for the first 22 countries that are getting it on July 11th. not the rest.

yeah.. but that includes the European countries, where the price of the first gen iphone was significantly higher than the US counterpart.. now my point is that if its possible to make the MSRP similar in all those 22 countries (Jobs never specifically mentioned that this price hold true for ONLY those 22 countries in which it is launching on July 11.. but I am assuming that it is for this discussion's sake), why India would suffer ... we should look forward to the same price (which I am hoping for).. unless the stupid custom's also gets applied here too...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ yes.

I really really hope that they launch it at sub10k price range with aggressive data plan. I am already paying 300 bucks per month rental on my vodafone. If they can give the phone for my current data plan without any extra cost, it will be really good. Just pay some 8k-9k and get the phone :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I think they’ve figured a way to get past it. Jobs is not one to announce something lightly.

Remember when he announced what the iPhone’s name was, even though it was Cisco’s trademark.

I think they have it figured out (though I’m not too sure either; a sub-15,000 iPhone just sounds too good to be true).

You guys do realise that you won’t get a prepaid account with iPhone, right? Postpaid is the only option.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am Vodafone platinum customer using postpaid for more than 3 yrs and paying atleast 1800 everymonth. I hope they provide iphone for free to me :)

Pat

Beyond Smart
Apple “cheating developers”.

If you would have cared to read my post carefully, I never said apple was cheating developers. I said apple was 'brain-washing' them! Does not matter what you think or believe but pushing developers to charge for something that they want to release for free IS WRONG!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What's gonna happen to these:

1)LG Viewty
2) Samsung Instinct
3) Touch Diamond (this one's insanely costly at $800 for unlocked edition).

I don't know why the hell HTC priced that phone at 800$ or 450 euro. really really bad marketing.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Nothing is going to happen to them..Reports are coming in which indicate that the plans for iphone from AT&T will start from $70 per month (inc. voice and data)!

And yes, it is not going to be possible this time to buy iphones to unlock them :(

Well, the deal does not look so sweet after all this, does it ?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If you would have cared to read my post carefully, I never said apple was cheating developers. I said apple was 'brain-washing' them! Does not matter what you think or believe but pushing developers to charge for something that they want to release for free IS WRONG!
They get 30% of the price of all applications. How does that push developers to charge for their apps?

If a developer want to release his application for free, no one’s stopping him from doing so. Apple gets 30% of $0.00, which equals to $0.00.

What are they doing wrong?

Pat

Beyond Smart
They get 30% of the price of all applications. How does that push developers to charge for their apps?

If a developer want to release his application for free, no one’s stopping him from doing so. Apple gets 30% of $0.00, which equals to $0.00.

What are they doing wrong?

Please read this ( I had posted this in one of my earlier posts which you obviously missed)

*www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/0...elopers_to_charge_for_would_be_free_apps.html*store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTE2NTQ

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
shall only get a iPhone if airtel continues to provide me the Rs.249/month unlimited data plan that they provide me currently with my postpaid with the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom