35k Gaming PC

Thunder

Journeyman
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Priority will be given to gaming i.e BF3, ACIII, Diablo III, MOH:Warfighter. followed Photo Editing, Minor Video Editing and Normal Internet Usage.

What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
35000 INR (Can Add 2000 or 2500)

Planning to overclock?
No (If the Budget Permits to use a unlocked CPU then maybe)

Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Windows 7 64-Bit

How much hard drive space is needed?
500 GB

Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
No. I Already have a 19" LCD Monitor atm. But i will be upgrading to a 21" after 2-3 Months.

Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
I Already have a Monitor,UPS, Keyboard, Mouse, Optical Drive and an SSD. So i wont be needing these items, better i can spend the amount on something else.

When are you planning to buy the system?
Within 2 Weeks.

Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Me

Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Prefer to buy it locally from CTC, Hyderabad. Can buy stuff from Online too if required.

Anything else which you would like to say?
Can i go for an Intel i5 Rig in this range ? Need Suggestions guys. Only 2 Weeks remaining.
Thanks for helping a mate.
Cheers.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960
Motherboard ASUS M5A88-M 5230
RAM G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR3 1530
GPU Radeon HD7850 15300
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4270
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite 2400
PSU SeaSonic S12 II 520 3770
Total 39460

>Skipped the speakers.
>As you'll be upgrading to a Full HD monitor do not compromise on GPU.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
HD6850 / HD6870 & GTX560 are still good options for HD Gaming. Not to mention 560Ti which has price dropped to juicy levels.

I would recommend to Get i5 2500 + a good H67 mobo + HD 6870 or GTX 560Ti. Price won't hike as much and at HD resolution above cars will play all the mentioned games at high settings.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960
Motherboard ASUS M5A88-M 5230
RAM G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR3 1530
GPU Radeon HD7850 15300
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4270
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite 2400
PSU SeaSonic S12 II 520 3770
Total 39460

>Skipped the speakers.
>As you'll be upgrading to a Full HD monitor do not compromise on GPU.

This is the beat possible suggestion in 39.4K

I would replace PSU with Corsair GS600 @4K.
Cause: Corsair's RMA service is unmatched. Same, obviously, can't be said in case of Seasonic as very few people have experience with them.

Again, About Cabinet:
Alternate suggestion: NZXT Gamma @2.2K

iChaitanya

Journeyman
I would replace PSU with Corsair GS600 @4K.
Cause: Corsair's RMA service is unmatched. Same, obviously, can't be said in case of Seasonic as very few people have experience with them.
...probably because the failure rate is very low? The Seasonic S12 II 520W is one awesome PSU. Read the jonnyGURU review once. Moreover, it comes with 5yr warranty as opposed to 3yr for the Corsair one.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ NO.
Cause: Except for past one and half year, Seasonic PSUs were one of the rare commodities available in the market. Scenarios have changed a lot in cause of Seasonic PSUs in this period of time. Still, we can't get any good X series PSUs (i.e. X750, X850) at a reasonable price.

OP
Thunder

Thunder

Journeyman
HD6850 / HD6870 & GTX560 are still good options for HD Gaming. Not to mention 560Ti which has price dropped to juicy levels.

I would recommend to Get i5 2500 + a good H67 mobo + HD 6870 or GTX 560Ti. Price won't hike as much and at HD resolution above cars will play all the mentioned games at high settings.

I Really wish to go for i5 2400+ DH67BL. Will this config suffice for about 2-3 Years?
NZXT Gamma is about 2.2k and Source 210 @ 2.4k. Which is better. Or should i go for Elite 431 or Bitfenix Merc Aplha.
And will the 560Ti suffice instead of 7850, considering the fact that i will get an 21" LED after a few months. because the 7850 is @ 15k.
I Thank you guys for helping with my queries. You guys are doing a good job of informing noobs like us about Hardware stuff.
Cheers.

The bitfenix merx alpha is a good option. You can buy the 560TI as it will suffice for HD gaming. However a 7850 is highly recommended.

Top Bottom