35K best laptop any brand

AKP

Broken In
30-35k less than 37k
any size screen

have liking towards hp,lenovo but anything will do. should luk gud..

web, gaming

portable

flexible to buying online without seeing product
games like gta,cs,fifa,nfs etc..

all othr specs can be anything.

posting frm mobile, hence cnt copy-paste da questionare.

i3 , 1gb nvidia gt 540, 4gb ram...this is what i need in da lap...okay if an ati equivalent card is there..

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
Sorry for making multiple threads. i was using a phone to browse yesterday. it said error when i tried to create threads, but the threads were created.

is acer the only option? i was thnking of len y/z series or hp or asus..

also please specify the price/laptop listing i'll be buying online.

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
Thnks!!

one more doubt, how is gt610m and gt630? i couldn't find much info on 610m online.

i blv gt520>gt520m> 520mx >> 540m.

Where will the 6xx stand among these? i read that 610m better than 520's.can anyone confirm that?

hw better is 540 from the 610 and 610 from the 520?

another question.
what does the amount of ram in gfx card signify? hw is it important? i read it dosen't improve performance.why/why not?

thank you.
i'd be buying the acer5755g / asus k53sd this week based on your answers.

if asus is not much poor than acer performance vise i'm planning to choose asus.

also which is better by how much.
acer i3-2.2ghz,1gb gt540m/ asus i3-2.3ghz,2gb gt610m.

which one would you choose considering the brands along with the config.

Monk

Journeyman
one more doubt, how is gt610m and gt630? i couldn't find much info on 610m online.

Nvidia GT 610M is the re-branded version of older dGPU Nvidia GT 520M. Its harder to find drivers of 610M. I hope nVidia is working on it.
Whereas 630M is re-branded version of GT 540M.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Where will the 6xx stand among these? i read that 610m better than 520's.can anyone confirm that?

opposite. 610 is a lower clocked 520.

hw better is 540 from the 610 and 610 from the 520?

540/630 is lot better. can run almost any game at descent framerates. 610/520M/X will lag in modern games.

what does the amount of ram in gfx card signify? hw is it important? i read it dosen't improve performance.why/why not?

cards upto 520MX can't properly use even 512Mb VRAM. 1Gb is given but i doubt if any game ever used full ram.

for 540M or 630M, 1Gb is more than sufficient. also 1Gb GDDR5 ram >>> 2Gb GDDR3 ram.

acer i3-2.2ghz,1gb gt540m/ asus i3-2.3ghz,2gb gt610m.

in games Acer will thrash the Asus lappy.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Think of it like this:

You have a car (VRAM) and the road's width & traffic condition is card's speed. Until and unless the road is wide enough (obviously with no/less traffic), you can't expect to drive a ferrari (read large amount of VRAM) on it. Thus, all the potential power of ferrari left unused. Similarly, you got the widest road but driving a luna :p (super fast card + very low VRAM), you can expect the condition.

Hope this explains. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ now why this example looks so familiar. wait. i was the one who gave this eg (truck in small road vs car in 4 lane highway) a year ago :-x ;) :D

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
thanks a lot. i didn't expect so much help.

i'm wanting to buy acer, but my uncle had a bad time w/ his acer, so my parents will be reluctant to buy me the same.

so can anyone suggest me other laps better performance than asus.
30k < price < 35k.

an i5 with 520 or i3 with 520.

i'm considering asus with i5,630 at 40k for last resort

Abhi191

Broken In
I think this laptop is also good configuration wise for you - MSI Gaming Laptop X460DX (Black)
It has i5 processor and Nvidia gt540m at around 33k,, though i don't know much about how good build quality and after sales services MSI laptops have..!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think this laptop is also good configuration wise for you - MSI Gaming Laptop X460DX (Black)
It has i5 processor and Nvidia gt540m at around 33k,, though i don't know much about how good build quality and after sales services MSI laptops have..!!!

great find :)
for 33k this one beats almost any laptop under 35k. but MSI doesn't have service center in all cities. else this would be a terrific gaming laptop.

Monk

Journeyman

Holysmokes! This is a beast for 32K! If its true, dude you are invited for a beer. :D

Top Bottom