32" LED Monitor or TV ???

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
Hi All,

I am thinking to buy a 32" LED TV but insted of that if I get any 32" LED Monitor with HDMI Port that will sure save my cost. Please correct me if i am wronh and tell me if there is any 32" Monitor available in India with price !!!

aroraanant

Explorer
32" LED monitor is not available in India as said by tineshsg
So you can go for Samsung 5 series LED 32D5900 for around 40k.This is the best LED TV.

bubusam13

Human
Go for TV anyway even if monitor is available. If you go for monitor, you have to go for a HD TV tuner card and speaker systems. And the hassle of plugging them to multiple ports and switching them all.
and ultimately cost will be same.

32" LED monitor + HD TV tuner card + speaker system >= 32" TV

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Dell U2711
27"
Resolution: 2,590x1,440 pixels
Pixel-response rate: 6ms
Contrast ratio: 1000:1 static / 80,000:1 dynamic
Brightness: 400cd/m2
Connectivity: DVIx2, VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort, Component, Composite
HDCP compliant? Yes
Included video cables? DVI, VGA, DisplayPort
Backlight type: CCFL
Panel type: H-IPS
colour depth: 1.07 billion colour panel (10-bit), 12-bit internal processing, 102% NTSC colour gamut
viewing angle: 178/178

*www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/dell_u2711/12_small.jpg
*www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/dell_u2711/4_small.jpg
*www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/dell_u2711/10.jpg
Aspect Ratio: 16:9

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Monitors are more costly than tv's if you compare them of same size and if you are looking forward to watch tv, play movies from your pc or even play games on monitor above 24inch then you you have to deal with above 2k+ resolutions. Its better to stick with tv if you dont want to go above 1920x1080p. But good quality hd tvs dont come below 60k even for 32inch.

Feluda

Broken In
Go for TV anyway even if monitor is available. If you go for monitor, you have to go for a HD TV tuner card and speaker systems. And the hassle of plugging them to multiple ports and switching them all.

I have 22 inch AOC LED Monitor with HDMI & inbuit speaker, which has SRS WOW HD! technology. So you can easily use it as a TV with HD SET TOP BOX. This monitor also include one HDMI cble, one VGA cable

bubusam13

Human
I have 22 inch AOC LED Monitor with HDMI & inbuit speaker, which has SRS WOW HD! technology. So you can easily use it as a TV with HD SET TOP BOX. This monitor also include one HDMI cble, one VGA cable

Good then. But its not the same for all. How your speakers sound ?

Xbox

Inclined to Tech
Guys it simple..
U can watch a HD DTH in a full Hd monitor with HDMI connectivity and the sound from your external speaker system..

Connecting HD TV STB to your HD Monitor

bubusam13

Human
There is a Spice Phone also SRS WOW HD certified but dont sound good. And 2-3 yes ago HCL came to my college with a dolby certified mini laptop. It sounds crap.

His monitor may sound good. M just asking.

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz

Why HD TV Tuner Card if I have HD Set-top box....... As I already connect my 24" LG Monitor with HD set-top box it works fine and I only need to buy a sound system which is for 3000/- (5.1)

tineshsg

Broken In
ok if you find 32" led monitor buy it or compromise with 24" monitor

and if you don't want to compromise purchase led tv (full of inputs, inbuild sound and HD media player)

Xbox

Inclined to Tech
LED monitors ie led back light models are much cheaper than the LED back light tv also Full LED tv would cost you more than 40K..

Better go for a led backlight moniotr [either 22 or 24-this is the perfect screen size for a monitor ] now,

later if ur not fully satisfied with monitor buy a full led tv [it may be under 30K during that time i guess]

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
I am thinking to buy a LG 32LE5500 TV.
for 33000/-

What do u guyz think about it ??

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
Yes it supports........

I want to Know another thing that if the TV support 100HZ then will the HD set-top boxed Transmits real 100HZ Picture bcoz I saw most HD DTH Transmits 1080@60HZ

Top Bottom