30 min of gaming and temp is 60+

That's very nice cabby you have there. Make sure all the fans are installed, try to get the best airflow fans(they will be noisy, but they do their job very well), and also try to do some cable management as others mentioned. Also try to apply a new thermal paste. If those things keep your temperature around 70°C then it's okay, otherwise you may try to install an Air Cooler. I don't have a lot if ideas about this PC stuff but frankly I don't like my CPU temp going above 70°C and I simply won't allow it :)
If your room has AC then turn it on when temp reaches max high especially when gaming for long.

Welcome lady :), are you the one who posts regularly on Gsmarena?

yep I do keep check of temps............... and yes the room has AC.............

thx for the welcome. i do post on Gsmarena, but not regularly. :)

wow a techie girl...................... Welcome to our forum........:smile:

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Could be related to any number of things. Have you checked if your CPU fans speed up properly? Sometimes, dust accumulates on the fan fins so you have to clean the CPU, GPU and cabinet fans once a month.

Also, have you tied up all the cables in your cabinet? Good cable management can make a difference to system temps. maybe you need to reapply thermal paste on your CPU..

try installing additional fans in your cabinet as well.

and i maybe wrong, but I think TJMax for i5 CPUs is around 100 degrees, right? So you don't have much to be worried about.

yeah you are right.. i think i should try this now..

and what does that "distance to TJMax signifies?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
TjMax is the maximum permissible temp for a specific model of an Intel Proccy
when your temps are well distanced from the TJMax, you shouldn't have to worry about the temp affecting your proccy
Note
TJmax differs from model to model
it is not known how they are calculated by intel engineers

Top Bottom