30 min of gaming and temp is 60+

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
While playing Dragon age2 or NFSHP jst for 30 min.. temp reaches 60+ very easily...
here is the attachment of speedFan readings..

what to do now guyz? i think this much temp will definately gonna hurt my rig..
ma room is on top floor.. so generally room temp is not as low as expected in normal case.

and 5 min after gameplay.. temperature reaches this much(normtemp.png)..

Fans in cabby-
REAR- 1 X 120mm
SIDE-2 x 120mm,
TOP- 1 X 200mm

Piyush

Lanaya
well its somehow ok
because its delhi and summers

and if you want to curb the temperature a little bit then remove your HSF ,clean it and apply new thermal paste and then see the difference

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
if its normal then no problem...
its not have been a long tym i purchased new PC..whether applying new thermal paste would be recommendable??

Piyush

Lanaya
well your idle temps are are not that cool
just do a thorough cleaning and apply new thermal compound

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
My temps are

Athlon II X4 CPU 35C(Idle) 48C(Load)-----------Heatsink has some dust needs to be cleaned
HD6850 GPU 43C(Idle) 67C(Load)-----------New
under maximum possible settings for Bioshock 2007
so it goes to say everyone must be having these temps
i guess its just summer

Last edited:
OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
My temps are

Athlon II X4 CPU 35C(Idle) 48C(Load)-----------Heatsink has some dust needs to be cleaned
HD6850 GPU 43C(Idle) 67C(Load)-----------New
under maximum possible settings for Bioshock 2007
so it goes to say everyone must be having these temps
i guess its just summer

my rig is also almost new.. i wonder how much dust must be accumulated there..

anyways since its now that serious as you guyz are saying.. i think cleaning once would be enough

ithehappy

Human Spambot
i7 930 and sapphire hd 5850, ambient temp always 35 C plus......... afternoons around 40C.

Well that's a HT CPU and I think the temps are more or less okay, in my case when I game, temp hovers around 70-71°C, ambient same as you, but not 40°C coz I turn the AC before it hits 40°C :). My GPU temp stays at 78-80°C, though your card might have higher temp as it's an older card, and also so powerful.
BTW- What cabby are you using and make sure fans are installed properly. I have installed 2 top, 1 front and back and 2 cooler fans, still can't hold it under 70°C.
Do you have any Cooler installed or the Intel stock one?

rchi84

In the zone
Could be related to any number of things. Have you checked if your CPU fans speed up properly? Sometimes, dust accumulates on the fan fins so you have to clean the CPU, GPU and cabinet fans once a month.

Also, have you tied up all the cables in your cabinet? Good cable management can make a difference to system temps. maybe you need to reapply thermal paste on your CPU..

try installing additional fans in your cabinet as well.

and i maybe wrong, but I think TJMax for i5 CPUs is around 100 degrees, right? So you don't have much to be worried about.

Well that's a HT CPU and I think the temps are more or less okay, in my case when I game, temp hovers around 70-71°C, ambient same as you, but not 40°C coz I turn the AC before it hits 40°C :). My GPU temp stays at 78-80°C, though your card might have higher temp as it's an older card, and also so powerful.
BTW- What cabby are you using and make sure fans are installed properly. I have installed 2 top, 1 front and back and 2 cooler fans, still can't hold it under 70°C.
Do you have any Cooler installed or the Intel stock one?

am on stock cooler, as as of now not going to over clock and cabby is HAF 932- a full tower.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That's very nice cabby you have there. Make sure all the fans are installed, try to get the best airflow fans(they will be noisy, but they do their job very well), and also try to do some cable management as others mentioned. Also try to apply a new thermal paste. If those things keep your temperature around 70°C then it's okay, otherwise you may try to install an Air Cooler. I don't have a lot if ideas about this PC stuff but frankly I don't like my CPU temp going above 70°C and I simply won't allow it :)
If your room has AC then turn it on when temp reaches max high especially when gaming for long.

temperature is normal. nothing to worry about.

Welcome lady :), are you the one who posts regularly on Gsmarena?

Top Bottom