30-45 k PC Configuration advice. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
For overclocking the FX Processors, you can just spend 7K to get the Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 motherboard which comes with 6+2 Phase VRM design which is good for 4.8 GHz+ overclocking. If you want a 990FX chipset based one then opt for MSI 990FXA-GD65 which comes with 8+2 VRM design.
For cooler, Hyper 212 Evo is a very good option. You can add another 2000 RPM 120 mm fan for Push-Pull configuration for better cooling.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Don't know, I think I shall increase the budget and get ASUS Sabertooth 990FX OR Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 990FX. Kan-Fused

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
MSI 990FXA-GD65 seems to be a very promising board considerng its price. OC's decently and supports multi-GPU setup too. IMO the same will be more than enough to suffice your needs. And one more thing, CPU OC'ing won't show much real world difference when it comes to Full HD gaming, it all about the capability of the GPU.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
+1 for Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5. But Gigabyte's Service might be a problem if anything goes wrong.
You can go wid the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX @ 13K.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
But unless you are planning to do some real heavy overclocking like 5 GHz+ and going for a 3 way SLI/CF setup, I think MSI 990FX-GD65 is a very good option. It costs around 9K whereas Sabertooth is around 13K to 14K. My suggestion is to use this extra money to get a more powerful GPU. You can easily get a HD 7850 2GB @ 13K with that price saved from Motherboard.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Well, I think ASSUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 might be good as well, yes it is 6+2 phase but has a lot of under the hood power, what say?

Since my current GPU is not capable of Crossfireing, I will have to sell it. I bought it just 6 months ago and the warranty is still left! It is an MSI R6770 MD1GD5, or basically an HD 6770.

Bought it for Rs. 6600, how much will I get for it?

Top Bottom