My system config is as follows:
MSI K9N NeoF
AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ Dual Core Processor
2X 512MB DDR2 RAM @ 667Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
My problem is:
1. Whenever i start my system, i get a warning exactly like this :
***** WARNING: UNKNOWN PROCESSOR REVISION *****
THE PROCESSOR(S) INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM ARE OF UNKNOWN REVISION.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BIOS VENDOR FOR APPROPRIATE UPDATES.
PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE
I had to press F1 everytime i start my cmptr. I want to know why this warning appeared and how to solve it. Plz help............

2. On system configuration viewing software like EVEREST, NERO InfoTOOL(from NERO 7 PREMIUM), CPU-Z and with DirectX Diagnostic Tool, the motherboard model displayed are different from each other.
Some displayed as MS-7260 and some displayed as UNKNOWN. I want to know why it is different and how to dolve it. Plz help............
screenshot on *geocities.com/madmax_tt/1.JPG

3. Also, i do a benchmark test on MEMORY READ, MEMORY WRITE and MEMORY LATENCY on EVEREST HOME EDITION version 2.01.347. My motherboard and processor are displayed as UNKNOWN. I want to know why this happen and how to solve it. Plz help............
screenshot on *geocities.com/madmax_tt/2.JPG

PLIZ HELP.........

monkey

Padawan
Have you updated the BIOS of your motherboard? If not then do it first. Use MSI Live Monitor s/w u got in the CD with ur MoBo to c if u have the latest BIOS.

OP
madmax_tt

madmax_tt

Broken In
motherbrd is new, just 3 weeks old only. since i dnt hve internet connctn i cnt use Live MOnitor so i dwnld the bios and not flash it yet. will flashing fix the prob?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Only thing you can do is update your BIOS.This sud surely solve ur problem.If it does not,than it means that u need to change ur BIOS.If ur motherboard is under gurantee,better change the motherboard.

For more solution read the motherboard manual.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Ur using a very old version of Everest ... get atleast v.3 or above ... I don't ur mobo is detected incorrectly .. just the mobo ID maybe ..

BTW , ur RAM is not running i dual channel mode ... u have put it in alternate slots ??? If so then put them in consecutive slots ...

OP
madmax_tt

madmax_tt

Broken In
RAM, there are 4 slots. i put them on 1 and 2. wat do i have to do to make the ram run in dual mode???

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Update your BIOS dude.Its OLD,its dated from June 2006.3600+ Brisbane has launched recently.
Updating the BIOS should solve your problem.You can get the BIOS from MSI website.And update using the Flash Utility in DOS mode,thats the best way to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom