24Online client automatically opens a homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

as you know already...whenever i connect to internet thru the 24Online client [elitecore], i get a message saying-You are now logged in.
and then immediately a new IE window opens automatically with softwarepatch homepage. this is so annoying as I don't use IE. Is ther anyway to stop that IE window open automatically??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
use a firewall like zone 6 and block it
also, is that spyware or u dont like IE...
if u dont like it then jus uninstall it via components...

theraven

Technomancer
u cant block it
u cant do anythign abt it
the setting is from the server side of ur ISP
trust me i know . i TRIED

expert and QM ... dont talk when u have no clue .. it has nuthin to do with adware / spyware

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
not only that... i mean not only with elitcore... Reliance CDMA R connect/TATA Indicom CDMA dialer also does the same... it just brings a IE windows open... but with those dialer if one can dial with windows dialer... then it doesnt happens... so those software installes some thing which does this act...

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
theraven said:
what package ?
what problem ?
does sify also use 24 online ?

hehehe well almost yes
we too have a dialer
that opens the sify homepage
whenever we connect
but sify opens quite a intresting page
its like it opens thier Sports section or the entertaintment section etc
yeps it is quite annoying
but somehow my hands have been trained :p to quickly go for the close button of IE

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@techno_funky

does ur connection have data limit...

u know why i am asking that?? as who pays for that page?? as sify is opening that page without ur permission... then sify should pay for that graphics crampd page... lol.. may b u r not bother about that little data trancefar... but morally why should u pay that??

theraven

Technomancer
like i said its ur isp
dun worry dialer has no spyware/adware
its a setting from the server side of ur ISP

as for ur issues concernin the download. . u should take it up with the ISP
although i highly doubt that they'll change the policy for u

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
saurav_cheeta said:
@techno_funky

u know why i am asking that?? as who pays for that page?? as sify is opening that page without ur permission... then sify should pay for that graphics crampd page... lol.. may b u r not bother about that little data trancefar... but morally why should u pay that??

yeps i too have a data cap
but yeps iam not concerned about it
cause allrite a site wont take gbs of data
so not a problem for me

KnightRider

Broken In
well i also use 24online,, is it happeneing now or was it there since the very beginning... as i dont get any homepage started when i log in

theraven

Technomancer
boss .. it is ISP dependent
if ur isp decides to display u a page .. IT WILL
why is that soo tought to understand ?

crashuniverse

In the zone

that was something really so logical. in fact u shd directly call them up and ask the reason why does it happen so.

u ppl have a clear idea "all broadband wale chor hote hain!" we gotta fight against them. may be a page doesnt take GBs and may be it wont affect u much but u need to ask them a simple WHY?

shyamalpandya

Right off the assembly line
hey guys, here is your RESULT !!!

go to RUN > type Regedit > Press Enter > Navigate to this Registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\eLitecore\Cyberoam\24Online\Authintication Client\Preferences

there will be lots of settings for registry. pls dnt even touch any of them

Double Click on "OpenPageURL"

It will allow you to change the homepage that opens automatically when you log in. You may do 2 things :

1 - change the URL to whatever webpage you want
2- Make it blank, so it will never open any page automatically.

Now, the other settings...TRY whatever you wish in other settings, this might not change the way you log in.

Do not change ClientInstallationPath and ServerPrefID please.... else you might loose the software. Else... enjoy.... mail me at shyamalpan@gmail.com for any other assitance. thank you.

if you are satisfied,
pls Increase my Reputation
by clicking on ICON next to
my online/Offline status Icon
at bottom lest of this REPLY. again... thanks....

24online client is my good software:D but i normally use http client.

Image :

*i16.tinypic.com/2uzz6rt.jpg

*gateway-address/24online/webpages/clientlogin.jsp
For account :
*gateway address/24online/webpages/myaccountlogin.jsp

For sharing files from one pc to other :

First of turn off firewall from network properties, also remove exceptions from that. Now Install any one software from below link..

*rapidshare.com/files/6634347/LAN.rar
it contain lan messenger.
it must be installed on two shairng pc.. so u can chat, transfer files etc.. but firwall must be off...

mine is lan based net. so dont use modem , only use ethernet card..

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom