24" Dell LCD Monitor - Can I Purchase ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I am intending to buy 24" LCD Dell Monitor with Contrast Ratio of 1000:1 and
resolution of 1920*1200. Full Black
The price offered by Dell India incl of taxes is Rs.24,000
The monitor has a full replacement warranty for 3 years.
Is this a good deal ?

Pathik

Google Bot
Yea man the price is too high. You can get a 22" for much less.
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/e228wfp?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs
1680*1050 aint so bad. Also the
this one
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/2208wfp?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs
if u want 100:1 ratio and 5ms response time.

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
There may be more than one 24" model with different features.Mentioning the model number may perhaps help others suggest better.And yep models with HDMI/HDCP do cost a bomb.And only if you are very particular about these features ( may be you wanna buy a blu-ray DVD writer) then go for
24". Otherwise wait till prices drop.

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
y I think so. ANyways I dont bother about movies much so only look for Square Monitors which are better for gaming than Widescreen ones.

Btw How much is 19" Square LCDs costing these days? Does it support?
1600 X 1200?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Yea man the price is too high. You can get a 22" for much less.
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/e228wfp?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs
1680*1050 aint so bad. Also the
this one
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/2208wfp?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs
if u want 100:1 ratio and 5ms response time.

what about their cost?

jamifahad

Broken In
check out acer ferrari line 20" monitor.

*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41PPDVX139L._SS500_.jpg

it has 3pin video audio connector. You can connect you dvd player,xbox360 and can even connect your dth decoder.So you can watch tv too.

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Link : *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/e248wfp?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs
I was actually planning to buy this with HD in mind.
1920*1080 is the Blu-Ray and HD DVD Video resolution.
Anyways rips come only in 1280*720 resolution for which 19" is more than enough.

When I asked for Acer 24", cost was 36K incl taxes that too with a 800:1 contrast ratio.

More comments awaited.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^yea,they are darn costly now and won't be mainstream for atleast 3-4 years.We need fugging 100x better broadband for full HD content.;)

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I am still enquiring prices of Samsung, HP and IBM 24" LCD Monitors, but finally I think I will buy Dell 24". I feel its definitely worth the money.
I am an avid DivX, XviD and HD Movie collector so instead of buying a 17" or 19" now and buy 24" later, i think i will go for a 24" LCD now itself. :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell recently release a new 22" model with following spec

1) 2ms response time
2) 1000:1 contrast ratio
3) inbuilt webcam, microphone, 4 USB ports

Cost is around 15k without tax. I think this is lot more worthy in terms of performance and features that the 24" for 22k.

i think model number is 2208fp.

but if you are ready to shell out 24k and full HD is a must, I think samsung has better models' than Dell and you can also check Apple Cinema display.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
IMO Apple cinema display is not worth the buck. I agree with you over dell being a great deal. At least to my eyes I didn't find the difference in the cost worth it for an Apple display.

However, the dell has the contrast ratio on a bit lower side.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^okay. Was just my thought but never really used it. tried it in apple store and felt good.

Checked Samsung site and couldn't find 24" models

I think in terms of money and quality, Dell's line up of 24" looks good as of now here in India.

Checked toshiba and LG too but couldn't find a better model :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom