24" Dell LCD Monitor - Can I Purchase ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If you had to choose between a 24" lcd tv & pc monitor, which would you choose for watching movies.

And what are the best format (with smallest file size) for movies?

BTW, whats you budget and what will be the primary use of this monitor/tv?

As for file format, the HDrips are around 4GB+ for 720p and 8GB+ for 1080p on average.

anubisX

Journeyman
Planning to buy the Dell 24" Widescreen may be not the Ultrasharp one. The price is INR 20,500 incl. VAT, what is the price of the 24" Ultrasharp one ? The price is not available at the Dell website.

shadow2get

In the zone
Planning to buy the Dell 24" Widescreen may be not the Ultrasharp one. The price is INR 20,500 incl. VAT, what is the price of the 24" Ultrasharp one ? The price is not available at the Dell website.

Well, there is a 24" Dell Ultrasharp model:

Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP

It's got all the INPUT connectivities you ever want:
VGA (Analog), DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP, S-Video, Composite-video, Component-video, HDMI, DisplayPort, Stereo Audio-output
Impressive Color Reproduction, Viewing angle, Contrast ratio (abt 1000:1), Viewing angle & response time.

And the price is JUST Rs. 58,000 + TAX + VAT :shock:. I had inquired about this about a week back. He told me the prices of this model will come down after only 6 months. Also told me if the quantity you are buying is above 5 i.e. BULK orders, he will reduce the price.

BTW, if you are still interested in buying, have a look at this DETAILED review:
Dell 2408WFP Review

sujoyp

Grand Master
I dont wanna bother about HD right now....still there is time to come.

i would like to have a good large screen with 170 degree viewing angle....and less than 5ms response time for my games:p..

I dont think there is any need of a 58k monitor right now:D.

I would recommend Dell SP2208WFP 22" Monitor....(very good buy but 160 viewing angle:confused:)

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
^^ I still disagree. Investing a few more thousands will definitely help you in the long run by helping you to play Full HD (1920*1080). So its better to buy a 24" Dell than a 22"

anubisX

Journeyman
The 24" Dell E248WFP is priced Rs.19,500 (incl. VAT). Do I need to change my graphics card ? I'm thinking of changing my FX 5200 with the Radeon X1550. Do you think will it be worth an upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom