21 Dec. 2012. Will the world end????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be disturbing for the "paranoid" kind of people and kids too.
I remember my friend's cousin (6 years) saw a documentary about the sun, and wept and cried for about 2 days when the narrator explained that the sun will swallow the earth in 5 biilion years and destroy everything.
It took us plenty of explaining to make him believe that 5 billion is too far away. :)
Then again, are there any kids here? :D
A valid point:
"…when a calendar comes to the end of a cycle, it just rolls over into the next cycle. In our Western society, every year 31 December is followed, not by the End of the World, but by 1 January. So 13.0.0.0.0 in the Mayan calendar will be followed by 0.0.0.0.1 - or good-ol' 22 December 2012, with only a few shopping days left to Christmas."
Thus, just as 31st december approaches, we count it as the last day of the year and not the last day on earth :lol:

x3060

A LOTR fan
change of dates...its gonna be 2102 and not 2012.
there was some fatal error in their calculations . :p
things will go , on and on and on...
why are all so excited in seeing end of world :p

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^Yup, a bunch of pessimists never die! We'll soon see another thread predicting doom next year, the one after that... and so on!
This will be disturbing for the "paranoid" kind of people and kids too.
I remember my friend's cousin (6 years) saw a documentary about the sun, and wept and cried for about 2 days when the narrator explained that the sun will swallow the earth in 5 biilion years and destroy everything.
It took us plenty of explaining to make him believe that 5 billion is too far away. :)
Then again, are there any kids here? :D

Very similar to my story years ago! I've grown out of that though. And kids do read digit and these forums(Rememer the game Go Tomatoes?).

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Well i just talked to gods they said that

till the time you will be on earth the world will never come to end

you will be the saviour of the Mankind

i said ok and i will make sure that this world not gonna end :lol:

and believe me i will do my duty wisely :lol:

afonofa

Journeyman
I think the date has something to do with the prophecy of the Dashavatar (10th avatar) of Lord Vishnu, the Kalki avatar. It's going to happen as early as in the next 3 years or no later than the next 450 years. But according to the prophecy, the situation described before the arrival of Lord Kalki, is very much similar to the aftermath of a nuclear (world) war.

That would explain why Lord Kalki is supposed to have 8 superhuman abilities because each avatar of Lord Vishnu seems to depict the evolution of "life" on earth. So the dashavatar could very well be the next step in the evolution of intelligent life, a super homo sapiens sapiens brought about by genetic mutation after a nuclear war.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Nuttin' is gwanna 'appen ma maan, smoka' lil dooby and chill da fuk Daaoon. Bole to mamu, sab TV channels ka rating bhadaney ka gimmick hai, saaley foreign TV channels ki tareh Mass Hysteria spread karna shuru kardiya hai, inki to m** k* b*****!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Then,the next GTA Version might release before 2012 and i want to play it with full eye-candy along with Crysis 3... :mrgreen:

From this thread, atleast we know future plans of some of forum members..:D

BTW : Nice thread to pass time with... :p

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^I agree:D! Kids might read these things and get disturbed! I remember the first time I heard the world was going to end(not this one)! It was some time before 2000 I think. This ones not gonna happen either. God damn whoever started this rumour. I think it was one of our TV channels that made it popular(naming no names).

Kids, who? We are kids.
I mean up till 17 we are somewhat kids and adults and teens sandwiched right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom