2014 - New TDF Suggestions

Should we switch the way posts are displayed for mobile users?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Most people should know how to change forum skins and all the options of User CP. Not my problem if you don't like to mess around and browse the options available to you. :)

I think this has been the case since 2010 or 11? Advertisements to non-members/guests. "No advertisement" forum skin to members.

Earlier the "no advertisement" skin was forced onto the users. As soon as somebody used to login, he used to see zero advertisements as the forum style was "forced" and the user could never change. Then members demanded different "forum skins" which automatically meant "forcing of forum style" to be disabled as people wanted options. I guess you can figure out where the locha is. You can't have everything.

yeah true i agree that i should have tinkered with options more and its a good thing that members have options.. but i was talking from a new user/guest perspective.. ads are fine as they are on every website so people are used to it and most of use adblock anyway

that type of header might be even good for the main website but for a forum it is completely off place.. at least that's what i feel, just a feedback from my side

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol prvsly the member theme was available to even non members.......that way u could bypass ads with one click.............
yes, exactly. After we had upgraded to vBulletin 4, I had forgotten to remove that option for Guests. And guess what? No one really bothered to change. :p

yeah true i agree that i should have tinkered with options more and its a good thing that members have options.. but i was talking from a new user/guest perspective.. ads are fine as they are on every website so people are used to it and most of use adblock anyway

that type of header might be even good for the main website but for a forum it is completely off place.. at least that's what i feel, just a feedback from my side
lol, just seen the header for the first time.

Even I'm glad that we can disable it. :mrgreen:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yup. I seen the header for the first time too after abracadabra posted about it and realized the penalty which non members pay for being non members :lol:

Btw, I echo the need to fix Tatatalk.

Come on guys, have a look at this- *www.digit.in/forum/programming/185...f-dark-skin-improvement-post2140256.htmlthere are too few responses and its not worth the time if people aren't interested. So please check it out.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Come on guys, have a look at this- *www.digit.in/forum/programming/185...pt-tdf-dark-skin-improvement-post2140256.html there are too few responses and its not worth the time if people aren't interested. So please check it out.

Fixed the URL.

Flash

Lost in speed
Only the 'Profile picture' upload works.
Avatar uploads are not working, and fails with the message Upload of file failed.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what about classifying our review forum into different sections depending on the products reviewed. just like all motherboard reviews under 'Motherboard' category and the same applies to laptops,mobiles etc? what say [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I tried to change my avatar by adding this gif from the link: *i.imgur.com/k0Ww93a.gif?gccfxDoRequest=1

I got this :

Code:
Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

Please advise.

amjath

Human Spambot
I tried to change my avatar by adding this gif from the link: *i.imgur.com/k0Ww93a.gif?gccfxDoRequest=1

I got this :

Code:
Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

Please advise.

adding avatar using link is a hit and mis, keep trying once in a while. But uploading avatar from pc is def. a miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom