2014 - New TDF Suggestions

Should we switch the way posts are displayed for mobile users?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beingGamer

In the zone
when I reply to a thread, and its the latest one to get a reply. that thread gets shown in the last post column.
and the Thread Icon shows blue, which means it contains unread posts.
But how can it be unread if I myself was the one who updated the thread :|
so you have to exclude marking it as unread if the same user is the one who gave the last reply.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Seems like the "V1" thing is the product of a Supermod/mod prank and a way to troll the members of the forum. Seriously. "Ear Wax" edition! :?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Did anyone look at this?

Yes. It is a very nice dark theme. So easy on eyes. Can you create a Greasemonkey Shared Script out of this? I don't know how to do that myself, but I know that it can be made. :)
It should be official theme btw.

Sometime around Raaabo introduced an official dark theme, but it is half baked and too dark. Hope your's theme can replace it.

Yes. It is a very nice dark theme. So easy on eyes. Can you create a Greasemonkey Shared Script out of this? I don't know how to do that myself, but I know that it can be made. :)
It should be official theme btw.

Sometime around Raaabo introduced an official dark theme, but it is half baked and too dark. Hope your's theme can replace it.

Yup, will definitely do it but first I'll create modifications for all pages (only home page modified so far).

Some progress on Greasemonkey script for better dark skin-
*www.digit.in/forum/programming/185731-greasemonkey-script-tdf-dark-skin-improvement.html

abracadabra

Journeyman
please remove off the top title black bar displaying Gadget finder/reviews/...... on every thread ! Oh come its looking so horrible even to read a thread! If its limited to the main forum page its fine, not beyond that! The menus popping up by just moving across tabs make it so irritating!

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
please remove off the top title black bar displaying Gadget finder/reviews/...... on every thread ! Oh come its looking so horrible even to read a thread! If its limited to the main forum page its fine, not beyond that! The menus popping up by just moving across tabs make it so irritating!

Neo tdf members and tdf dark theme doesnt have

rish1

Cyborg Agent
seriously that top bar is so irritating and disturbing for the user .. i visited 3-4 times and closed the website instantly because of that disgusting bar ,.. please get rid of that , ..
thankfully read this thread and found the solution.. its seriously pathetic even though it is restricted to 1 theme but that's the theme that most people use anyway..

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
seriously that top bar is so irritating and disturbing for the user .. i visited 3-4 times and closed the website instantly because of that disgusting bar ,.. please get rid of that , ..
thankfully read this thread and found the solution.. its seriously pathetic even though it is restricted to 1 theme but that's the theme that most people use anyway..
Most people should know how to change forum skins and all the options of User CP. Not my problem if you don't like to mess around and browse the options available to you. :)

I think this has been the case since 2010 or 11? Advertisements to non-members/guests. "No advertisement" forum skin to members.

Earlier the "no advertisement" skin was forced onto the users. As soon as somebody used to login, he used to see zero advertisements as the forum style was "forced" and the user could never change. Then members demanded different "forum skins" which automatically meant "forcing of forum style" to be disabled as people wanted options. I guess you can figure out where the locha is. You can't have everything.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Most people should know how to change forum skins and all the options of User CP. Not my problem if you don't like to mess around and browse the options available to you. :)

I think this has been the case since 2010 or 11? Advertisements to non-members/guests. "No advertisement" forum skin to members.

Earlier the "no advertisement" skin was forced onto the users. As soon as somebody used to login, he used to see zero advertisements as the forum style was "forced" and the user could never change. Then members demanded different "forum skins" which automatically meant "forcing of forum style" to be disabled as people wanted options. I guess you can figure out where the locha is. You can't have everything.

lol prvsly the member theme was available to even non members.......that way u could bypass ads with one click.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom