20 fps only with 560ti :(

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Do one thing. Go into BIOS and manually set the minimum duty cycle of CPU fan to 60-70%. Don't worry about the noise, they are very silent as their max RPM is ~2200 RPM.
Cant do it , it locked in BIOS .

Again same fps drop .

here is the max temp i get
*s7.postimg.org/r9odrkpaz/cpu_z.png

Last edited:
OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Okay, now can you PLEASE run the card in some other PC? I'm saying this 3rd or 4th time. Please mention that you can do it or not.

The thing is my friend dont have a good power supply to run the gpu . Still i will try to run in other pc in 1-2 days . Thanks

The GPU is hot... were you running any game or GPU intensive tasks before taking this screen??

and which TIM did you use??
I dont think he was. Check the processor's package power consumption, it's just 22.86 W; definitely not while at load. Yeah, the GPU is pretty hot if that's at ideal.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^ he may shut down the game before running cpuid.

anyway, @OP: if the GPU is running hot forever, then RMA it.
btw, just keep in mind to check your PSU too, while you are at it. ;)

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I dont think he was. Check the processor's package power consumption, it's just 22.86 W; definitely not while at load. Yeah, the GPU is pretty hot if that's at ideal.

Yep i was running the game and just closed it . At 100% usage of cpu ( gaming + video converting) , max temerature dont go beyond 72 which is fine i guess ?

^ he may shut down the game before running cpuid.

anyway, @OP: if the GPU is running hot forever, then RMA it.
btw, just keep in mind to check your PSU too, while you are at it. ;)

NO gpu runs normal . Ideally it stays around 40 degree .

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yep i was running the game and just closed it . At 100% usage of cpu ( gaming + video converting) , max temerature dont go beyond 72 which is fine i guess ?
NO gpu runs normal . Ideally it stays around 40 degree .

yep.. 72 @ 100% load is fine.

check the gpu again under normal conditions and load.. keep cpuid running. run something like 3D Mark to load gpu. see how far the GPU temp rises. then shut down 3D mark and see if the temp falls to normal..

RMA the cpu.

why??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suspect the PSU ( anirbandd has pointed out it before ) ... and sometime GTX 560 Ti alone needs 200W+ power so if possible test with a good 500W PSU like CX500v2 or something better

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^ :)

just a suspicion.
sometimes the GPU does not have adequate power supplied.. then it tries to work with whatever power it has, and gets heated up.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^ :)

just a suspicion.
sometimes the GPU does not have adequate power supplied.. then it tries to work with whatever power it has, and gets heated up.

So my psu is defected , or is it fine but not enough to power my Rig ? It is serving me good from 6 month .

Also one thing i noticed when , frame rate problem start , temp of gpu and cpu both goes to 65 and 70 respectively . And as soon as i re install gpu driver temp goes down to 32 and 38 respectively .

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you had done a recent driver update, after which the problem started, roll back to the previous WHQL release.

the PSU is a suspicion, not sure. test using a different, better PSU.

better still, take the card to the service centre and ask them to test it using the same drivers in your presence. if the problem crops up, then RMA it.
if not, then..
curse Murphy to hell :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
most of the service center guys are so much n00b that it's hard to convince them to test the card for more than an hour ... what they do is just runs benchmarks using 3DMark and definitely won't play a real world game. Still I believe due to high power consumption ( this varies in GTX 560 Ti from ~170-~210W ) of the gpu the PSu somehow got weakened hence creating these issues now though I'm not sure as an underpowered PSU should shut down the whole system or show BSOD for at-least once or the PSu has developed some other issues or the cpu/mobo has some issue .. look at Op's screenshot and the cpu vcore .. it's always static but it should have min/max value depending on the load but it's same in all of the screenshots.

Top Bottom