20- 25k Mobile

Also, ny1 knows whether there are ny other versions of the Nexus S are available in the market ?
Just to make sure that i'm buying the right Nexus S you are mentioning ? (I want to make sure that the 18.8k told shop was selling the Nexus S only)

Samsung Google Nexus S I9023 or Samsung i9020 are the model numbers, right ?
Ny other things to check ?

dharmil007

Journeyman
Also, ny1 knows whether there are ny other versions of the Nexus S are available in the market ?
Just to make sure that i'm buying the right Nexus S you are mentioning ? (I want to make sure that the 18.8k told shop was selling the Nexus S only)

Samsung Google Nexus S I9023 or Samsung i9020 are the model numbers, right ?
Ny other things to check ?

Just check which panel are they providing.
S-lCd or SuperAMOLED.
i Know that in india only S-lCd panels are there.

But am looking for a SuperAMOLED panel too.

mandar5

Youngling
Hey mate even i got was 2.3.3 when i switched the mb on i got notification for 2.3.4 .. and it is i9023 with s-lcd for india.just let me know the colour ..as i had front black and back white panel....which i personally disliked...My boss who was planning to get iphone 4 has put his plans on hold now,,,,,...

ujjwal321

Journeyman
Good to know that you updated your post but i think you are being little harsh !
When i got this my priorities were good audio quality , good android experience ,good screen and a OK camera . At 21K i couldnt find any other better options , i would like to know if you can mention some good options since i will be gifting a phone to my younger brother soon @ 18-20k budget range , i will respect your opinion .

except for being old galaxy S is still the king of single core phones..
you have to tweak it to get full use out of it...
it still has the best GPU on a single core phone, screen is gorgeous, audio quality is amazing.. (read through any audio forum and you will see how good it is).. and most importantly there is a big dev community developing for galaxy S...but as a camera phone I would not recommend it, lack of flash and a dedicated camera key is a big letdown... other than that for games, movies, music it's can beat any single core phone hands down..
sorry for sounding like a salesman.. but I own a galaxy S and the recent update has made it even faster and awesome..

mandar5

Youngling
dont want to disrespect ne1 but my priority was pure android xp thats y went for NS...h/w wise i think its same as Galaxy S...I got it from Thane at 19.5k+250 for screen guard...

sygeek

Technomancer
dont want to disrespect ne1 but my priority was pure android xp thats y went for NS...h/w wise i think its same as Galaxy S...I got it from Thane at 19.5k+250 for screen guard...
It's always the software that matters ;)

tousif

Journeyman
NEW SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S 16 GB ANDROID 2.3 5MP | eBay

check out this link. u vl c nexus s with amoled screen.. bt is this model available in india and if v buy it vl samsung avail the warranty of the product.

mandar5

Youngling
Bug: Nexus S with 2.3.4 OTA Black Screen during and after a call - Google Mobile Help

dont wish to scare ne1 but warn u guys...

mandar5

Youngling
Sorry guys was lil busy with job...yeh got the new handset this time all black...and problem is not there...

So..
Finally, i had to ask you guys this..

I was searching for my Google Nexus S for a long time and i couldn't find it anywhere or within the price bracket of 18-19k.:tired:
I even dreamed of Nexus S.... :-(

So now i need to find another phone.
I have the same 20k budget.
And

the requirements are the same
1. | Budget ? | 20k
2. | Display type and size? | Touch (Capacitative)
3. | Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? | Bar
4. | Preferred choice of brand? | SAMSUNG,SONY ERICSSON,LG,APPLE
5. | Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type)| Touch with full QWERTY
6. | What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.| Auto Focus , >5MP, with flash n Exmor-R (if available), HD video recording. PHYSICAL SHUTTER KEY
7. | Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).| Android,BADA,iOS
8. |Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.|3G with video calling support,Wifi N,GPS,USB on the Go
9. |Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?|Swype,flash,HTML supported browser
10.| Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?|Gaming,Web Browsing,Clicking Pictures,Listening to music
11. | Any specific mobile phones in consideration?| Nexus S,Galaxy S

12. Any other info that you want to share
Well, after 3 years of life with phones in the 8k bracket, i'm going for my first multipurpose phone. I had a 6681(2nd hand),W300(one i have even now), Micromax Q2,Micromax Q75.
I want a good cam nd faster phone.
I want to enjoy the high resolution pictures and Touch Screen.

* I love gaming on my PC, nd i'm sure i'll love gaming on the go
* I dont even have a simple point to shoot cam nd i love to take pictues,so i want a pretty decent cam since my dad wont buy me a camera.
* Nd telling overall, it is my first phone with this much spending in it. and i'll be using it to the most for sure.(atleast for the first year ;-) )

I've bought my previous phones from the suggestions given by you guys and i believe in you guys very much.

so suggest me what to do ?
Should i wait for Galaxy R to come ? (I dont think it will be priced within this budget,will it be ?)
Should i go for Galaxy S or SL or Optimus black,Defy+ ? If yes, which should I choose ?
Or should i keep searching :pray: ?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
You can buy it from letsbuy and can get a discount of 1200 with the help of coupon on 19999 that means it will cost u only 18800.But currently it is unavailable.
You can send ur email id to them and they will intimate u when it is available. :)

I've been checking letsbuy.com and flipcart.com for almost a month (almost everyday :-( ).
It was 'Out of stock' whenever i checked.

It is available in ebay though. But it cost around 20,500+

Anyone know is it safe to go n buy from here ??
Will i get international warranty ?

Last edited:

tousif

Journeyman
Galaxy s(i9000) is available at flipkart at just 20k.. Seems like galaxy s is seeing price drops many times..
Myself too is looking for nexus s bt cant find it anywhre..
Can somebody tell if nexus s is discontinued by samsung or not..
Ebay.in is a good and faithful site... Just c the seller information and feedback and u can anytime contact them..some dealers give manufacturer warranty while some give seller warranty.. So do chek it b4 buying...

ysmonyog

Journeyman
Galaxy s(i9000) is available at flipkart at just 20k..

Thanks tousif for the information.
I was just about to move out to purchase this phone for 21.5K. By chance I read this post, checked prices at flipkart.com and placed order over telephone... and that too on COD basis.

Top Bottom