20- 25k Mobile

Terabyte

In the zone
@tousif : I would recommend you LG Optimus 2X @24k

if u refer some Threads of GSII on TDF u can say the yellow screen isnt big problem...(and its taken care of)..
Are you sure about that?
AFAIK the yellow screen issue is a hardware issue so software updates won't fix it.

Terabyte

In the zone
^Phonearena says otherwise about the audio quality.
So it is better if you ask about the audio in xda forums(in LG Optimus 2X section) to know what is the general thought about the audio from the Optimus 2X owners itself :)

I'm planning to buy the phone in next month. Can any one suggest me a god deal ?

Also did Samsung corrected the yellow screen problem ? :-?
Any news about that ?
Also will there be any price drops ? :sad:

aroraanant

Explorer
u can also look at htc sensation,its also very good...
yes the yellow screen issue is still there in SGSII n no one know when the company will correct it atleast not in the upcoming month(s).

Terabyte

In the zone
I don't expect the yellow screen problem will be fixed anytime soon.
Even after fixing the problem the new set of models won't be available in the market immediately so either go for SGS2 straight away or save 5k and get LG Optimus 2X.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
apart from "old now", and if you are ok with the 5 mp camera, is there any good reason not to still opt for the Galaxy S at this price point?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
coz many other and much better options are available,a simple example desire s and and another one which is far better than it is Incredible S

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Apart from some obscure specs like the 3G connectivity, the Galaxy S still thrashes the Desire S on some of the more important counts, battery life and sound quality to name two. The sound quality is actually better than the iPhones (GSM arena frequency chart). Maybe the operating system upgrade is a big hassle from 2.1 to 2.3. The Incredible S has an 8MP camera, but like I said, if you think 5MP or 3MP is a more sensible size for mobile phone photos, then the Incredible S is not ahead on any other count.
Was checking out phones with a fren and this shopkeeper was also saying the Incredible S is better than the Galaxy S, because of the cam, then I told him about how overlarge mobile pics in social networks and basically on the internet irritate everyone. So he gave me some bizarre answer about overheating problems and batteries dying... dont even know if this is true, dont think so. Its just that for some unfortunate reasons, a whole bunch of phones are considered to be better than the Galaxy S, just because the SII is out.
Is the default OS the phone ships with a deciding factor, or exactly why are these phones considered better than the Galaxy S when clearly the Galaxy S does almost everything at par or better?

Soumik

Padawan
^^ +1. Really doesnt seem a good option to recommend Desire S over Galaxy S. It still beats the HTC product easily at a slightly lower cost too.

But my suggestion would be.. If front cam is not must, go for SE Arc - Its got great camera, and probably the only android phone in this range with a hardware camera key.

Other than that, extend your budget and get SII. Its the king of the hill right now. Nothing comes close to it. S Z will release in abt 2-3 months. But instead of that, u can get O2X now, its got almost same features, just a bit lower end screen. O2X can be modded easily and is a brilliant device after modding. :)

harmik

Journeyman
New Android phone upto 25K

Hi everyone.
Well i have had Nokia 6680 (for 3.5 yrs) and Nokia N85 (for arnd 2 yrs).
Although i am pretty much a Symbian fan, but with Symbian being phased out by Nokia, i am looking to get a new Android phone.
And i am not one to shift very quickly as you can see. So, please advise.

1. Budget
preferably 20K, but can go upto 25K
2. Display type and size
Capacitive Touchscreen 4.0"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand:
Any as long as its trustworthy !
(Heard abt some service issues with HTC and is LG trustable in smartphones?)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
5.0MP or more. Flash preferred. Secondary camera preferred.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
EDGE, 3G, 3.5G, Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Java, Flash, GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia, Camera, Gaming, Internet, FM Radio, Music et al
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
LG Optimus Black, Samsung Google Nexus S, LG Optimus 2X, HTC Incredible S
12. Any other info that you want to share
The feel of the phone is also important. Shouldnt be too flimsy or plasticky !

LG Optimus Black and Samsung Google Nexus S are just below 20K and good phones each having its pros and cons.
For arnd 5K more, I can get HTC Incredible S, one of the best single core phones out there (good RAM, 8MP camera). But is it worth that much to get a Single Core now with Dual cores out there ?
For another 1K, i can get LG Optimus 2x (good processing power but low RAM!).

Is it worth the money to go for Incredible or 2X ?
And i also noticed that out of these 4, Optimus Black has the best loudspeakers.

Please advise.

And are there good apps out there to transfer Contacts (multiple and sometimes custom label fields), SMS (stored in folders also), Notes etc from N85 to an Android ?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
would agree with u that battery back up most of the HTC phones are not that good but thats not with all n it depends on usability apart from that i have used many HTC phones,I had HTC Touch for 2 yrs and now I m having Incredible S and my bro has Touch HD and must tell u one thing its cam quality is really very good,yes I consider that samsung,sony has good camera phones but HTC's cameras are also not that bad they are quite good.
And if talk about the music quality then its ok not bad not very good.
And now lets talk about its service centers,if u own HTC then u let me know that how many times u need to take ur phone to service centers,HTC phones are not like SE or nokia whom u need to take to service centers every other day :p

And I can't tell a specific reason, ask any other HTC user that HTC phones are far better than samsung,lg etc

aroraanant

Explorer
Re: New Android phone upto 25K

if ur budget is around 25k then go for Incredible S or u can have Desire S for 22k

Guys,
My 3 year old graphics card gave me a resignation letter yesterday. So I need to cut short my phone budget to 17k. :sad:

My requirements are the same. So please suggest me a new phone with best specs.
I think i dont have much options in this budget.

How is Nexus S ? Is it worth it ?
or should i save by going for Defy :?:

Last edited:

Terabyte

In the zone
^Please mention your requirements "priority-wise" like 1)...2)...3)...
So that it would be easy for us to suggest and all of us don't keep on suggesting all kinds of phones below 17k :p

harmik

Journeyman
Re: New Android phone upto 25K

I kind of thought of a few phones in different price segments:
Around 20K: LG Optimus Black (battery issues in Froyo) or Samsung Google Nexus S (no FM).
Around 25K: HTC Incredible S (camera, audio: average) or LG Optimus 2x (poor loudspeaker).
Around 30K: Samsung Galaxy S II.

Now, considering i had bought pretty good phones (Nokia 6680, N85) when i bought them and kept them for 3.5yrs & 2 yrs (N85 can still give many phones a run for their money), please advise a mobile phone.
I want to buy a good phone which will last 2-3 yrs. Can go upto 30K, if its REALLLLY worth it !
Thanks !!

Top Bottom