20- 25k Mobile

guru_urug

iGoogle
You can definitely use an app from the market to run other formats. Rockplayer is one such media player on the market. Even moboplayer is good. Can play almost all formats. And they are free apps :)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I got my my samsung galaxy s i9000 16gb 5 days back for Rs 21500 + scratch gaurd and other stuff , so the final price is 22k . I am happy with the purchase and i am shifting from an ipod touch for multimedia needs and i am not disappointed , this is a big thing to say .

So guys,
I had to cut short my budget to 17k cauz of my Graphic card stopped working few days back.
And i was suggested to go for Nexus S by Terabyte...

And now after seeing rohan_mhtr 's post , i want to ask you something ?
Is it worth shedding an xtra 2k and geting Galaxy S ?
Which one is better dese days ?

tousif

Journeyman
hey guys,
htc desire-z is available for 19.5k at flipkart.com and desire-s is available at 21.3k at letsbuy.com aftr the discount..

so which shud i go for? i love both the phones.....

dharmil007

Journeyman
You can definitely use an app from the market to run other formats. Rockplayer is one such media player on the market. Even moboplayer is good. Can play almost all formats. And they are free apps :)

Do they support subtitles ???
& do they play videos upto 720P ???
& what about lyrics ??
does any Player support it ?, stock or other player

aroraanant

Explorer
hey guys,
htc desire-z is available for 19.5k at flipkart.com and desire-s is available at 21.3k at letsbuy.com aftr the discount..

so which shud i go for? i love both the phones.....

Desire S is a very good phone,go for it,I hope u won't regret...go for desrie Z only if a keypad is MUST for u

sygeek

Technomancer
HTC Incredible S. FAR BETTER than Desire S.

apart from "old now", and if you are ok with the 5 mp camera, is there any good reason not to still opt for the Galaxy S at this price point?
It's has tonnes of cons and problems, not even minor, and it becomes damn frustrating. I would rather go for Nexus S than this phone.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
HTC Incredible S. FAR BETTER than Desire S.

It's has tonnes of cons and problems, not even minor, and it becomes damn frustrating. I would rather go for Nexus S than this phone.

Hey can you mention some problems since i just purchased it last week and would like to take precautions . Until now no problems faced .

sygeek

Technomancer
^If you want anything worthy from it (including any Android OS above 2.1), you’ll have to root it. If you want GPS to work, you’ll have to tweak it. Essentially nothing actually works on this phone unless you fix it.

Last edited:
So guys,
I had to cut short my budget to 17k cauz of my Graphic card stopped working few days back.
And i was suggested to go for Nexus S by Terabyte...

And now after seeing rohan_mhtr 's post , i want to ask you something ?
Is it worth shedding an xtra 2k and geting Galaxy S ?
Which one is better dese days ?

^ny suggestions ?

I just asked a store today about the prices.
They said
Nexus S : 18,800
Galaxy S : 22,200 smthng

Anyone know the current banglore prices. I'm asking cauz one of my friends is going to banglore tomorrow. If it is less, i can buy it from dere na ?

Also i want a good blutooth headset for my phone ? (prefereably stereo)
Budget is around 1.5k ?

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^If you want anything from it (including any Android OS above 2.1), you’ll have to root it. If you want GPS to work, you’ll have to tweak it. Essentially nothing actually works on this phone unless you fix it.

Hey i dont think all devices face this problem and stop spreading false rumors just by reading . Its been around 2 weeks purchasing my galaxy s and i havent rooted it yet but i am already on gingerbread . A simple update from kies . Gps works well to , first lock took me around 5 minutes but since then i have been facing no problems . Downloaded Sygic Mobile Maps for india and using it in offline mode in my car . Only problem is that battery drains fast when gps and wifi is active , around a day , otherwise its all good .

sygeek

Technomancer
^I'm into spreading rumors, and I'm sure you're aware of some of these problems. Buying a phone to realize that it's not as good as you expected (now), with all those online reviews sure is a heart-killer. Samsung may have fixed some of the problems (i'm not even sure), but I've heard like millions of terrible user experiences, I wonder how Samsung fixed that.

Edit: Seems like samsung released an update while ago fixing major bugs and of course, updating the OS to the gingerbread. Previous post fixed.

Anyway, Galaxy S has tonnes of more worthy competitions now, so buying one ATM doesn't make much sense.

Last edited:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Anyway, Galaxy S has tonnes of more worthy competitions now, so buying one ATM doesn't make much sense.

Good to know that you updated your post but i think you are being little harsh !
When i got this my priorities were good audio quality , good android experience ,good screen and a OK camera . At 21K i couldnt find any other better options , i would like to know if you can mention some good options since i will be gifting a phone to my younger brother soon @ 18-20k budget range , i will respect your opinion .

sygeek

Technomancer
Good to know that you updated your post but i think you are being little harsh !
When i got this my priorities were good audio quality , good android experience ,good screen and a OK camera . At 21K i couldnt find any other better options , i would like to know if you can mention some good options since i will be gifting a phone to my younger brother soon @ 18-20k budget range , i will respect your opinion .
Well, I guess you have a different opinion towards Galaxy S. Personally, I love Nexus S for it's true android experience and I'd again recommend you the same, it's easily available near 20K.

Here's a comparison (Nexus S wins, with a decent margin)

Also, if you're interested, AT&T's Nexus S is available in "best buy" for just $99 as a limited offer.

I want a good bluetooth headset for my phone ? (prefereably stereo)
Budget is around 1.5k ?

Ny suggestions ?

Nd I'm planning to Buy Nexus S.

mandar5

Youngling
heyy ppl i own Nexus S ..n i am proud owner of it. i got it for 19.5k.just before buying check if shows blank display while calling screen appears..and also check cam performance at the shop itself.I had that call issue in my mb n i m getting replacement from samsung in 2-3 days.Rest its a pure unadulterated Android.My office colleague who owns Galaxy S is jealous of my NS ... :)
Just check for those issues i think its because 2.3.4 bug..google it...Rest assured the mb is Superb....

Thanks for the info dude.
Will check it. When i enquired the local shops have only 2.3.3.

Also, i got a doubt.
When i asked in a local shop they said the price as 18.800 and all other shops are having prices in 25+ range.

dharmil007

Journeyman
Thanks for the info dude.
Will check it. When i enquired the local shops have only 2.3.3.

Also, i got a doubt.
When i asked in a local shop they said the price as 18.800 and all other shops are having prices in 25+ range.

Where did u find 25k+ prices ???
Online also on flipkart,ebay & letsbuy all of them are selling for around 19.8k.
i Dont know where did u find it, but that 25k+ thing is a bullshit

Ya..
When i asked, they said it is the taxes only..
For a phone priced 19000 in other places, here more than 8000 as Tax ?

But i am wondering about the one store who told me the price 18800. Dont know whether they actually said 28800 and i heard it wrongly ??
But for 18800 it is a sweet deal.
I can get a bluetooth headset too.

BTW dharmil007, u bought the phone ?

dharmil007

Journeyman
Ya..
When i asked, they said it is the taxes only..
For a phone priced 19000 in other places, here more than 8000 as Tax ?

But i am wondering about the one store who told me the price 18800. Dont know whether they actually said 28800 and i heard it wrongly ??
But for 18800 it is a sweet deal.
I can get a bluetooth headset too.

BTW dharmil007, u bought the phone ?

Yea at 18800, its a very good deal.
No i havent bought it yet.
in about 10-12 dayz i will bring mine

Top Bottom