2 months searching for a headset|headphone,still no where.

Which brand to go for???

• Razer elctra or orca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • plantronics gamecom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audio technica

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Steel series siberia

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
PLZ HELP THIS NOOB OUT..

Thats right:-x,i hav been searching for a new pair of headsets|headphones for 2 months.n my head is gonna explod soon.:-(

well to be honest i havent spent above 150 rs for a headset till now:wink:.my last one was one by "bylogic" n its been killing my ears since.then i started looking for decent headset.n i gotta say there are lot of factors to consider.open ear closed ear, audiophile,gamming,virtual surround,3d surround n 5.1 headsets and so on.:shock:

i was set on getting a roccat kave,but realized i dont have a 5.1 on my lap, n getting a usb 5.1 amp will be costlier.

so i decided on getting a Siberia USB sound card(7.1) n an ordinary headset\headphone.

i compared btwn Siberia,orca,electra, audio technica,gamecom 777 n im still confused.n i cudnt find them online too

i spent most of the time on my pc n lap,i have a decent external speakers n im happy with it.il b using these for gaming, TV shows ,movies n music.

my budget for the headset alone will be 3.5 k(little flexible).

i dont know the diffrence between these type of headsets n never used them before too.coz i dont have any good stores selling these type of headset near to my town,not with in 75 km radius.:cry:so im planning it to buy online.so im totaly depending on ur replies to decide.

pls do help me out,i need to buy it before my university xam starts.(b4 second week of march)

ps:does these cost cheaper in UAE?i have a cousin coming next week..:mrgreen:

Last edited:
OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card 1yr. Warranty (51004) | eBay

just bought the siberia sound card.....
any suggession on the head phones????

gulati.ishank

Broken In
SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card 1yr. Warranty (51004) | eBay

just bought the siberia sound card.....
any suggession on the head phones????

If u want portable headphones go for Koss portapro or V-Jays.
If u want closed type go for audio technica M-35

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
is there any headsets in this range,any one used siberia

i may go for siberia v1 or audio technica adh300 or ath t500
pls help me narrrow this down

*www.pristinenote.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_104&products_id=289

*www.theitwares.com/audio-technica-...sedback-dynamic-monitor-headphone-p-2327.html

*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=s...gory_id=418&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=9999

which is better in sound and comfort.
n im also looking for in ears,
should have sound quality
noise cancellation
n medium bass.

any on eusing jvc marsh???how are those??

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
dont go for 5.1, 7.1 etc, with headphones, it just does not matter.

plain old 2.1 or stereo is more than enough, and you will never notice the difference anyway.

+1 for porta pro, but they cost ~4.5k, iirc

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
the reason going for siberia is i just ordered siberia sound card,
so need some thing that can give the 7.1 effect(virtual)
siberia have bigger earpad,havent seen razers one.going to compare specs between orca and carcharias.

Sarath

iDota
Get the V1's they are good. I only know about the Siberia V1 since I own them. I have no idea how they compare with others.

Contact tkin for his views on the USB soundcard + V1 ; he recently sold both.

If you ask me, I would say they are pretty comfortable. Very nice design and sound seems good too, has adequate bass and very gaming oriented. They get hot on prolonged use in a hot atmosphere, since I live in Bangalore, I never face such a problem. The cushions are not leather so check them out. I have no qualms about it though. The mic is tricky to use and I never use it. It's a clip on type of mic, not built into the HP. I listen to music on it too but it is no audiophile HP. Overall a very happy customer.

In fact I recently wanted to sell them but I just can't seem to part with them.

I would strongly vouch for it.

Now the Razor carcharias sells for almost 4k iirc. Now that's a huge premium over the V1 so a comparison might not be fare. But it is deemed very comfortable by gamers.

tkin

Back to school!!
Steelseries Siberia V1+Siberia Soundcard = Killer Combo.

But while the Siberia V1 is good for gaming, its not so for music, so I sold it for Audio Technica M35 which excels in music but sucks in comfort level(which was amazing with Siberia V1), so if you are aiming for long gaming sessions get the Siberia V1 eyes closed and the soundcard is pretty good too, 7.1 virtual sound works with all headphones, even freakin IEMs. The soundcard is the best 1.5k I had ever spent(along with FiiO E6 amp).

So for long gaming sessions->Siberia V1
For small(3hrs) gaming sessions and music->Audio Technica M35

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
i already bought the usb card,will get it on Saturday.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

the reason im going for a new headset now is,my current headset gets my ears heated up pretty quickly.i was not even abl to finish one episode of big bang theory.so il b using these for lan gaming, and im planning a long term investment.:wink:

which one do you think last longer,
have u knew any one used razer headphones??

tkin

Back to school!!
i already bought the usb card,will get it on Saturday.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

the reason im going for a new headset now is,my current headset gets my ears heated up pretty quickly.i was not even abl to finish one episode of big bang theory.so il b using these for lan gaming, and im planning a long term investment.:wink:

which one do you think last longer,
have u knew any one used razer headphones??
No, Siberia is pretty good for lan gaming, it has soft cushions that do not heat up and absorb the sweat, very comfy. Also it offers moderate isolation.

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
k,its siberia v1 then.do steel series provide any sort of carry bag for these??
n many thnx for the reply....

Sarath

iDota
No carry bag.

But they are really comfortable. For prolonged use comfort should take prime importance.

Check unboxing videos on youtube to know what's in the box and what to expect. I suggest you do this now.

Do tell us where you are buying the V1 from before making the purchase.

Also to check out the Siberia with some celebrity actions look here > (just for fun :p )
[YOUTUBE]c_cCsFU6pak[/YOUTUBE]

tkin

Back to school!!
k,its siberia v1 then.do steel series provide any sort of carry bag for these??
n many thnx for the reply....
None, if you want portability you can buy Audio Techina M35, but its rare in India, and not much comfortable.

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
@tkin ya saw your m35 on one thread,
but i need comfort,whats opinion on adh 300??

@sarath saw many unboxing videos.i have given the link above.its for 2.7 k from prime adgb,i tink....n pretty cool vido...

Sarath

iDota
Gaming headset's concentrate a lot on comfort despite however they sound, and for gaming from my experience I would say, no matter how good a pair of cans sound, if they are not comfortable, ditch them

SS Siberia V1...welcome aboard...

you will love it. Trust me.

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
siberia it is....
how the quality of the headset on songs n movies.not too bad rit??when combining it with the usb card....

Tenida

Gadget Freak
dont go for 5.1, 7.1 etc, with headphones, it just does not matter.

plain old 2.1 or stereo is more than enough, and you will never notice the difference anyway

Not true.Try some 5.1ch. enabled movies or games and test with both 5.1 ch. and stereo headset.You will feel the difference in 5.1ch. headset.Believe me bro. with 5.1ch headset, every games feels so real and enticing.:))

Last edited:
Top Bottom