2.1 Speakers within 2K range

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
After 3 years, my Altec Lansing VS4121 just decided it doesn't want to switch on. Although, it had some minor issues in the past, I still liked it bass quality.

I already own a F&D A55U, which is connected to my LED. But I need a new set of 2.1 speakers for my daily PC usage. Bass is primary requirement, as always. This will mainly be used for gaming and movies.

I can flex my budget till 2.5k, as I have already exhausted a great deal of dough in my processor over-haul. My usual rounds on the Interwebs kept turning my attention constantly towards one brand; Fenda. It seems like this company has suddenly turned into what Creative was a few years back. Anyway, I have 2 options in F&D; F&D A111F & F&D A520. The latter comes highly recommended in my budget category but lacks treble control. The former has a remote and a USB slot.

So would like to know your opinions on these 2 and if there are any better options for me. Thank you folks in advance.

arun garg

Broken In
After 3 years, my Altec Lansing VS4121 just decided it doesn't want to switch on. Although, it had some minor issues in the past, I still liked it bass quality.

I already own a F&D A55U, which is connected to my LED. But I need a new set of 2.1 speakers for my daily PC usage. Bass is primary requirement, as always. This will mainly be used for gaming and movies.

I can flex my budget till 2.5k, as I have already exhausted a great deal of dough in my processor over-haul. My usual rounds on the Interwebs kept turning my attention constantly towards one brand; Fenda. It seems like this company has suddenly turned into what Creative was a few years back. Anyway, I have 2 options in F&D; F&D A111F & F&D A520. The latter comes highly recommended in my budget category but lacks treble control. The former has a remote and a USB slot.

So would like to know your opinions on these 2 and if there are any better options for me. Thank you folks in advance.

You should buy F&D A510 . It is amazing. I have one since last 2 years . It has a good bass and almost no distortion in sound. I strongly recommend it.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you both! I just want to know how do you manage to engage Treble without an active control being in place on the speaker? For movies and music, I believe the equalizer settings should do the trick, but what about games? How does it sound?

gameranand

Living to Play
In games it sounds quite good and in games I guess Bass is more important than treble anyway due to explosions and all. At this price point you won't be dissapointed by this speakers in any area. :)

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Woops! Forgot to update. I got the A520 and absolutely love it. Totally worth the 2k I invested in it. The bass is really tight and sound doesn't seem to distort on high volumes either. However, it's a bit low on the vocals side, but no biggie.

Top Bottom