2.1 Speaker required for PC

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Don't understand why desiibond is not responding here. Actually, it was his idea in the first place to go for either Altec Lansing VS4121 or Philips MMS430.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I am too looking for a speaker in 3k budget...

I dont see much of a choice VS4121 to be the best
one more question...how do we connect these speakers to dvd players coz dvd player dont have a 3.5 mm jack

To connect to the DVD Player you need this, Currently every major manufacturer throw one of this in the box, Even my 540 came with one,but can't figure out how the 3 prob of 5.1 accommodate here ?

So 2.1 is perfectly compatible.

*img21.imageshack.us/img21/8981/adapterh.th.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
this dosnt seem to be the correct one...its both side receiving ends...its audio jacks to 3.5mm jack i think

Last edited:
OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
OK, after a healthy conversation with desiibond, I'm going for Altec Lansing VS4121 (with my eyes closed, just as he insisted ;)).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
this dosnt seem to be the correct one...its both side receiving ends...its audio jacks to 3.5mm jack i think

Yes this is absolutely correct for 2.1 system (but not for 5.1), here is how:-

There are 2 female(receiving ends) RCA connector in Red,White & 1 female 3.5mm Audio Jack in Light Green.

In the 3.5mm female side you need to connect your 3.5mm male jack which came with your speaker package (as it is in the picture).

& in the RCA female side you you need to connect your Composite Cable (Red,White,Yellow) which came with your DVD Player Package.
And this cable obviously male connector both side/At least one side.
So Red,White goes in this adopter's (Red/White) receiving end and Yellow goes to your Display as it caring Video Signal.

If anyone having Component cable(Red,Blue,Green) to connect their DVD-To-TV (LCD/Plasma) then there must be a Audio Cable to carry the sound to the Display which is again male Red,White connector must be insert in this Adopter's receiving end.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for the clarification:smile:...actually I too figure it out today morning itself:p...bit dumb from my side

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Congratulations.
Btw, just listened to JBL Creatures II and Harman Kardon Soundsticks. Totally descent considering their price range. Sound is accurate in every sense. Not to mention the extra-ordinary aesthetics and build. Creatures II are selling @ 5.2K whereas Kardon Sticks are worth 11K.
Also, saw the Jamo 2.1 (5-Star) speakers boasting 150W RMS power. Thats a first for me. It was packed for delivery, so couldn't got a chance for demo. Price was ~17K! :D

sarincv

Journeyman
Hi all... I'm also looking for a 2.1 or 2.0(Book shelf) speaker below 4k ....
I'm a music composer and I need a speaker which output the sounds perfectly like a studio monitor....I'm living in a flat, so too much power like the altec lansing mx6021 will be a waste of money I guess.... I just want a clear sound that's it... shall I go with the VS4121 as someone already suggested....

Top Bottom