1Mbps baby!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airtel is only advertising non-FUP plans in my area.

Will they provide the 1Mbps plan if I ask for it ? (I think 150GB is quite a lot, I guess that shouldn't affect me)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
F*ck! How much would that amount to? I see they have Rs.1,699 listed for the 1 Megs plan. So how much would it add upto? Also are there any landline rentals or just pay for how much you use?
Tax 10%+2% education cess

U'l have to give rental one time i.e. first they will charge u <some amount> while filling the form. When the bill would come it would be (1699/-+10% tax+2% education cess)-<the amount u already paid>

That is what happened in my case, when I first time applied for connection.

999/- plan.
500/- advance in check. I had to pay 499+taxes next month.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Tax 10%+2% education cess

U'l have to give rental one time i.e. first they will charge u <some amount> while filling the form. When the bill would come it would be (1699/-+10% tax+2% education cess)-<the amount u already paid>

That is what happened in my case, when I first time applied for connection.

999/- plan.
500/- advance in check. I had to pay 499+taxes next month.
Thanks for the explanation rhitwick. I think I somewhat understand now. So it would be Rs.1,699+204 (12%) = Rs.1903 (approx) each month correct?

vavinashraju

Broken In
their website is not showing that the plan is available in hyderabad but when i asked them they said it has been launched recently so they have not updated the website so far........and also on sundays it will be totally 1 mbps not 384kbps in the morning and 1mbps in night

moshel

Padawan
Thanks for the explanation rhitwick. I think I somewhat understand now. So it would be Rs.1,699+204 (12%) = Rs.1903 (approx) each month correct?

it would be
Rs. 1,699 + 169.9 (10 % service tax) + 3.40 (2% cess on service tax) = ~Rs. 1,872/-

I hope BSNL comes out with some plan for their adsl connection..they still provide 512kbps @ Rs. 1,300 + tax

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks moshel. I was considering taking this plan up & ditching MTNL for sometime. Couple of queries before I proceed:
1.) How long does it take to get the connection up & running?
2.) What is the amount for installation? Any modem rental charges each month?
3.) Does the landline have a monthly commitment or rental?
4.) How much speed can I get on Rapidshare servers (premium) with Airtel's 1 Meg plan?
5.) Any cancellation charges?

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) 5 days for new connecton or 3 days for upgrade
2) 1000 bucks for installation
3) no rental on landline.
4) I am getting 118KBps for rshare premium account. downloaded more than 9Gb since yesterday morning
5) Donno about this. I don't think there are any such charges.

moshel

Padawan
the airtel website says "download Speed" and the figure ranges from 128 kbps to 256 kbps to 512 kbps...and in one case 1 mbps.......is that really download speed or connection speed????

cos i think we need a 2 mbps connection speed to get a download speed of about 256 kbps
and therefore for 1mbps download speed we need 8mbps connection!!!

i think they are providing misleading information by saying "download speed"

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
9GB in how many hours exactly? Also are you using a download manager? If yes then which one?

You should be getting around 150KBps download speed.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Free Download Manager

9gig in just under 24hrs.

btw, 1Mbps is 128KBps and am getting that speed couple of times. :)

Last edited:

amohit

Broken In
the airtel website says "download Speed" and the figure ranges from 128 kbps to 256 kbps to 512 kbps...and in one case 1 mbps.......is that really download speed or connection speed????

cos i think we need a 2 mbps connection speed to get a download speed of about 256 kbps
and therefore for 1mbps download speed we need 8mbps connection!!!

i think they are providing misleading information by saying "download speed"

I have 256 kbps connection..and get 28-30KBps download speed.
one 700 MB movie takes about 7 hrs to download.

OT: Good to see that airtel is back with true unlimited plans, though at higher prices.

Regards,
Mohit

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I have 256 kbps connection..and get 28-30KBps download speed.
one 700 MB movie takes about 7 hrs to download.

OT: Good to see that airtel is back with true unlimited plans, though at higher prices.

Regards,
Mohit
Not true.
Their d/l cap is user friendly. aftr a certain limit they would slash ur bandwidth half.
Means 1Mbps connection would become 512Kbps unlimited as soon as u reach 150GB d/l.

High price........ready to pay, as their line drop is very rare and provide constant speed always. Show me any other who can do that?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
bond,

Airtel is bullsh!t. BSNL is providing 512KBps for 1300+taxes in which one can easily get above 450kBps. I think you should change the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom