18 super moderators, 6 admins = 1 mismanaged forum called ThinkDigit forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil

Back!
ask hitboxx to quit ffs.

err...care to mention why ??

I dont hav grudge against any particular mod. All am asking is some proper management in which admins too have to play a proper role.
Raaabo is very busy wid his workload so he cant be blamed

none of us have any grudge against the mods...its just that the forum would be better off with a green team that can be online pretty through the day/night ..no not a single person...but atleast mods should be selected such that all of them combined, there should be atleast one mod around in the forum looking after it....

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
There are lots of Vbulletin plugins to stop all these spam posts. You can request admin to install few mods. If admin wants I can suggest few mods.

My Vbulletin forum was also flooded by spams posts daily, but now I get almost zero spam posts. :)
I know! But unfortunately, its not in our hands to install those MODs. Only the admins can do so.

Ok.. Here's an Idea.. Only if the admins agree, i can take up the position of a temporary admin and can fix (or at least try to) any issues we all are facing.. And i can be back to my normal MOD duties after things are OK.. I know ill regret this, but still i can probably do this over a weekend :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Kalpik, can we have a meeting of Admin-Mod-useers
That way we(users) can say what we want
U (mods) can say how much contribution (time of course, u do obviously have personals things to attend) u can do
They (admins) can say how much is ACTUALLY feasible or they can afford.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@kalpik
Yeah get a temp admin account for one day and clear the mess please. Install some mods and change theme. Relegate privilege of inactive mods.

I know admins will not directly come here.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmmm....
discuss these ideas more
What steps do you want to take Kalpik?

And I think Pheonix used to work around here, but am not too sure.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Why skip them? In any way they are going to be there so we need to hear them too...
That is because we want to specifically name some moderators for removing them from the modship. If we name him openly, that moderator may hold grudge and find or create a reason and ban the user.

Though moderators should be impartial and have an acute sense of judgement, we all have seen the shady tactics of some moderators, haven't we? I am not naming anybody because if I do so, the entire thread will go offtopic with that moderator justifying his correct action, blah blah...

I have taken this thread seriously and if things don't improve after this thread, I have my next draft ready.

If 6 admins and 18 moderators cannot manage the forum, then I will lead all you members to get these 24 guyz to their work.

With co-operation of all you members, within 7 days, I can make-over this forum from the mess it is today to one of the most smoothly run forums. So if you want to have this change within 7 days, do join me when I plead you all. It will be non-violent and without flaming any moderator. So you can be sure that we will have this change without any gruesome bloodshed.

Last edited:

kalpik

Anorion, i think we need to prune old posts, update vBulletin to the latest version, add some anti-spamming mods, as some people have suggested in this thread. If you can do it, nothing better :) I asked to do it myself as i realized that work keeps you people on your toes! :)

That is because we want to specifically name some moderators for removing them from the modship. If we name him openly, that moderator may hold grudge and find or create a reason and ban the user.
How will anyone hold grudge and ban you if you get him removed from modship?!

I have taken this thread seriously and if things don't improve after this thread, I have my next draft ready.
Oh Rohan! I wonder what the internet would have done without you! Without your forum reform movements!
If 6 admins and 18 moderators cannot manage the forum, then I will lead all you members to get these 24 guyz to their work.
Its not our "work".. We volunteer here.. You can in NO WAY "get" us to do our "work" :|
With co-operation of all you members, within 7 days, I can make-over this forum from the mess it is today to one of the most smoothly run forums. So if you want to have this change within 7 days, do join me when I plead you all. It will be non-violent and without flaming any moderator. So you can be sure that we will have this change without any gruesome bloodshed.

Again! Mr. Shenoi to the rescue! Why do you have this attitude that no one can function without your help? We are here to discuss things amicably, but quotes like these just makes one furious! And of all the people, you are one to talk! Oh wait.. werent you the same guy who created the thread "Spamming is my birthright".. Talk about hypocracy! Really man, grow up.. This is the internet.. I mean trying to reform something is one thing.. Doing it like a freedom fighter is another.. Geez man.. If you hate this place so much, stop visiting! Dont try to change the internet :|

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
seriuosly this forum is going down...

this forum was used to be flooded with members like drgrudge , VG , etc .. etc.... and now all i see is newbie ( i mean to say members new to this forum )

this forum needs a reboot...

right from the theme change...

and a fresh mod`s and admins....

please consider it guys ...

i love this forumm/... and i dont want it to die...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Yeah I agree that this forum has some what lost its edge and is slowly becoming some Junkyard.

May be its because of the New Theme !
After the theme change most people lost interest in posting i guess.
No new good members !!

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
How will anyone hold grudge and ban you if you get him removed from modship?!
As long as he is the mod, he can ban....thats why I don't what to name publicy.

Oh Rohan! I wonder what the internet would have done without you! Without your forum reform movements!
Thanks for accepting my greatness.
Its not our "work".. We volunteer here.. You can in NO WAY "get" us to do our "work" :|
I don't care whether you are paid for it not. If you have taken up the responsibility, don't try to show it upon us that you are doing it for free and that we must accept whatever you do or you don't do. I thank you for your generous time and effort in cleansing this forum, but I don't think whatever you have said is enough to shrug off the lapse on others moderators' side.

Again! Mr. Shenoi to the rescue! Why do you have this attitude that no one can function without your help?
6 admins and 18 moderators have had enough time and power to show their "rescue abilities". What makes you so furious if I am trying to bring the change? You 6+18 could not, so I will try. At most I will fail and develop some new enemies...not new to either.

We are here to discuss things amicably, but quotes like these just makes one furious! And of all the people, you are one to talk!
All your amicable discussions started when I took upon myself to create this thread.

Oh wait.. werent you the same guy who created the thread "Spamming is my birthright".. Talk about hypocracy! Really man, grow up..
Thanks for telling me that I must grow. If it was not for you, I would have always remain a milk-child.
This is the internet.. I mean trying to reform something is one thing..
Doing it like a freedom fighter is another.. Geez man.. If you hate this place so much, stop visiting! Dont try to change the internet :|
This is not internet. This is ThinkDigit forum. You yourself told me this in that "Spamming is my birthright thread". If you feel that you cannot control the forum, you should stop trying and leave the position if you wish.

Its high time that you learn to accept criticisms from people like me(and others) and duly credit us instead of trying to belittle us.

Last edited:

kalpik

Fine.. Do it your way.. No use arguing with you if you cannot see my point.. I'm outta this thread :)

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Fine.. Do it your way.. No use arguing with you if you cannot see my point.. I'm outta this thread :)
Well...only if I had the powers.

BTW, you are correct that there is no point in arguing with me. Its up for the whole forum to see what has been going here for sometime now...so arguing with me is not going to do any good to you.

kalpik

So.. Its all about powers aint it? Common.. There are better ways to ask (read beg) for moderator ship than opening threads like this :|

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
So.. Its all about powers aint it? Common.. There are better ways to ask (read beg) for moderator ship than opening threads like this :|
Well...no one is begging for "moderator ship". You may equate "powers" with "moderator ship"...but in that case....we all have seen how "powerful" you 18 guyz' moderator ship has been.

As for me, I don't need moderator ship to make the change happen. Ofcourse, mod powers would have made things easier, but change will happen without that too.

If majority of the 18 guys can have powers and still not do it, then I am justified in begging for moderator ship because I want to make the change happen rather than taking sitting idle and use such threads for telling the people that being mod is such a tough job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom