17k-19k Android (Dual core Processor 8-)) phone Suggestions Please.

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
@diagus

The sites you mentioned their prices are accordingly too high, 500$ is around 27k INR(They might be imported)
While Amazon UK has it for 250 pounds which is around 21k.
*www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-I8160-Galaxy-Mobile-Phone/dp/B007H74B1I

aroraanant

Explorer
even Samsung fanboys will be pissed by Ace2's design and also being late. Price will make them Sony fanboy ;)

And also all Samsung phones have got that old boring and plasticy look, they should make some modifications.
From Ace to all the galaxy series phone,all look similar.

rider

as Kratos
And also all Samsung phones have got that old boring and plasticy look, they should make some modifications.
From Ace to all the galaxy series phone,all look similar.

Yea! Samsung never do't spend much in build quality. But only a few peoples cares about build quality in our india, people need only good screen and camera in their budget.

So for now, the only options in 17-19k are
Sony Xperia Solo
Ace 2
Xperia U

and if i increase the budget (or they lower the price ;-) )
Sony Xperia P

The spice 500 is ok. but i dont know how good it is.

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
I ended up buying the Samsung Galaxy S Advance for 22k which according to me is better than the Xperia P. Galaxy S2 goes for around 26k when i checked yesterday.
I would urge you to go with the S Advance as its hardware is very close to a S2 and was just released in April 2012 and should also be getting ICS but its not official yet.

Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance - Full phone specifications

rider

as Kratos
I ended up buying the Samsung Galaxy S Advance for 22k which according to me is better than the Xperia P. Galaxy S2 goes for around 26k when i checked yesterday.
I would urge you to go with the S Advance as its hardware is very close to a S2 and was just released in April 2012 and should also be getting ICS but its not official yet.

Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance - Full phone specifications

Congrats! for your new phone. It has better battery life than Xperia P, expendable memory card slot and super AMOLED looks awesome.

But, I don't think Samsung will release ICS update officially to this device, they didn't even release for galaxy s I9000 (original), and galaxy R yet.
You should try unofficially.

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
GS Advance is pretty awesome, quite impressed by it as its my first Android :)
Camera is pretty decent, Music quality is good, Display is among the best i have ever seen. 720p video playback is smooth and overall it runs pretty fast.
Build quality of the back cover is of a very thin plastic though getting a hardcover should solve that.

Running into some issues atm with apps installed as it shutsdown automatically after its locked. Troubleshooting it now, uninstalled AVG free. Any further advice on this issue would be very helpful.

A factory reset solved the problem :D

Last edited:

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
Xperia P if you wish to have a talk time of five to six hours. Oh wait my phone just died cause of low battery *msacras*

Sony Xperia P Mobilephone With Warranty | eBay

This is has no manufaturere warranty, right ?
But it was a great deal. Any other deals like this ?

Top Bottom