14k budget >> Nokia 81 or Others. Pls suggest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
you must be joking.As for display.please check some review sites.16 million colors is just a farce.Samsung,SE and Moto with their 262k colors beat nokia by a long way.
Have you ever tried to watch videos on a 16million colors then a 262 k color
You can't really make out any sort of difference in such a small screen....
and beating nokia in that you must be just thinking in your dreams

you supern00b, what was the topic of the thread??

let the topic go to hell lemme bring you to your senses
Bina baat mein kyun gussa ho raha hai??

Anyhow, in Music Quality SE rules.....GSMArena has proved that...

# Good Music player. = SE W890i - Walkman 3 by default + it has got better sound quality...

# Good web browser. = Both suck...I use Opera Mini...Though N81 has got a bigger screen.

# good Battery Backup. = Haha...W890i rules..

# Multitasking. = N81 got Symbian, but it N81 has got a lot of issues....[See below] W890i is faster anyways....

# Gaming. = N81 - just due to its a Symbian & based on N-gage platform.....But which types of games will you play - Java or Symbian?

# Average Camera. = You may not need it actually, but W890i got a very good camera, compared to N81...

# Speakerfone loudness = *www.gsmarena.com/latest_features-review-171p3.php W890i rules.....

# Form factor & Weight = W890i rules and it is just 77g + just 9mm thick........N81 is a brick weighing 140g...Do you wanna carry such load??

Anyhow, N81 has got a hel lot of issues: *www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/nokia-n81-c42799.html
*www.intomobile.com/2007/10/22/nokia-n81-8-gb-starts-shipping-dont-buy-it.html

Anyways, last decision is yours.....W890i or N81....

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
dump everything and buy a chinese phone with 5or 7 speakers.poor thread starter he must be really confused by now

praka123

left this forum longback
I was looking at the other guys N73ME :p it looks so coool!something better than my brand new one ,esp some extra button on side? and its finish is gr8!

-----
yeah it is a china mobile ! ;):eek:

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Nah. It has some crappy Made_in_China OS which kind of sucks. Doesnt even support java apps.

praka123

left this forum longback
aah! I forgot to tell I havent tried the phone or its OS! I just saw the local guys flaunting you know :D

Tamoghno

Padawan
You can't really make out any sort of difference in such a small screen....
and beating nokia in that you must be just thinking in your dreams

Bina baat mein kyun gussa ho raha hai??

Anyhow, in Music Quality SE rules.....GSMArena has proved that...

# Good Music player. = SE W890i - Walkman 3 by default + it has got better sound quality...

# Good web browser. = Both suck...I use Opera Mini...Though N81 has got a bigger screen.

# good Battery Backup. = Haha...W890i rules..

# Multitasking. = N81 got Symbian, but it N81 has got a lot of issues....[See below] W890i is faster anyways....

# Gaming. = N81 - just due to its a Symbian & based on N-gage platform.....But which types of games will you play - Java or Symbian?

# Average Camera. = You may not need it actually, but W890i got a very good camera, compared to N81...

# Speakerfone loudness = *www.gsmarena.com/latest_features-review-171p3.php W890i rules.....

# Form factor & Weight = W890i rules and it is just 77g + just 9mm thick........N81 is a brick weighing 140g...Do you wanna carry such load??

Anyhow, N81 has got a hel lot of issues: *www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/nokia-n81-c42799.html
*www.intomobile.com/2007/10/22/nokia-n81-8-gb-starts-shipping-dont-buy-it.html

Anyways, last decision is yours.....W890i or N81....

Good Music player : with n81's dedicated buttons you get the music playe just one touch away.a single press. Now if that's not good interface dont know what is definition your good.
One more thing the headset+remote that comes with nokia is really really handy.say when walking down the streets you dont even need to touch the phone to change to control player.its always in front of your shirt pocket. And i'm not even talking about music quality , with dedicated sound processor n81 is better than most phone out there. Dont forget that it was supposed to replace n91.

Good web browser : how dare you say both sucks ? N81's browser support flash , javascript , ajax , css and is based on safari browser, tabbed browsing with very good rss reader.and you said opera mini is better ?.It's the best browser out there.(opera 9.5 for windows seems great but thats a windows thing).

Good battery backup : frankly i haven't used 890 that long to judge but n81 can easily give 2 days backup if you dont use wifi and surf net moderately.

Multitasking : n81 slow ? You're nothing but a damn liar. This is S60 With feature pack 1 device with around 42 mb of free ram. If you search you can find a video on youtube showing n81 running almostall application at once without any memory low warning. Yes i said it right , the reviewer opened every menu he could open but the phone still runs smoothly. I dont know if it's because of demand paging or something , but this really does works.
N81 is not n73. One of the major improvement that feature pack 1 brought is speed and newer s60 phone is no more slower , by any means.
And the psp menu on w890i start stumbling when loaded with too much pictures.

Gaming : now this post shows how desperation over sony. You compared java game with native game ? I am frankly running out of words to compare this. Please atleast for once play for yourself the games like system rush evolution , fifa 08 , and asphalt on ngage and ask yourself honestly . Its ever better with dedicated keys and landscape gaming mode.

Speakerphone loudness : w890 may be bit louder but quality is no match to n81.n81 has one of the clearest speaker till date. Its so clear sometimes its hard to believe that its coming from a cellphone. And it does actually provide stereo effect from loudspeaker.

Form factor : S E Wins hands down. No denying.

Camera : se wins but pointless here.

And regarding those problem , those were mostly preproduction / first lot products. And most problem is solved by now.

And the poor build quality issue is partially true. First batch of n81 had very serious built quality issue. The slides felt like cheap samsung slides. Creaking sounds everywhere. In fact when i first saw it with a nokia representative in shop i was very much disappointed. But things have changed quickly and built is far far better now. The slides feels solid and the weight adds to its robustness. If nokia didn't improved built quality i'd never let my friend buy this.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Good Music player : with n81's dedicated buttons you get the music playe just one touch away.a single press. Now if that's not good interface dont know what is definition your good.
One more thing the headset+remote that comes with nokia is really really handy.say when walking down the streets you dont even need to touch the phone to change to control player.its always in front of your shirt pocket. And i'm not even talking about music quality , with dedicated sound processor n81 is better than most phone out there. Dont forget that it was supposed to replace n91.

Good web browser : how dare you say both sucks ? N81's browser support flash , javascript , ajax , css and is based on safari browser, tabbed browsing with very good rss reader.and you said opera mini is better ?.It's the best browser out there.(opera 9.5 for windows seems great but thats a windows thing).

Good battery backup : frankly i haven't used 890 that long to judge but n81 can easily give 2 days backup if you dont use wifi and surf net moderately.

Multitasking : n81 slow ? You're nothing but a damn liar. This is S60 With feature pack 1 device with around 42 mb of free ram. If you search you can find a video on youtube showing n81 running almostall application at once without any memory low warning. Yes i said it right , the reviewer opened every menu he could open but the phone still runs smoothly. I dont know if it's because of demand paging or something , but this really does works.
N81 is not n73. One of the major improvement that feature pack 1 brought is speed and newer s60 phone is no more slower , by any means.

Gaming : now this post shows how desperation over sony. You compared java game with native game ? I am frankly running out of words to compare this. Please atleast for once play for yourself the games like system rush evolution , fifa 08 , and asphalt on ngage and ask yourself honestly . Its ever better with dedicated keys and landscape gaming mode.

gaming-SE has motion sensored gaming and an exclusive contract with EA on that.Try to play a game using your hand movements and you will se..And newaz, you havent played too many java games off late i guess.Nfs pro street,bowling ,marble madness, all coming in motion sensored editons which give the games a Wii effect.

Sound quality-Hasnt it been proved that the W890 has better sound quality??If you are saying that the N81 has better osund quality show me some figures and then comment.Dontcomment on baseless assumpions.Even the SE k770 beats it handsdown.

battery backup-my W890 gives up to 3.5 days on normal usage.If you dont talk too much.Talking too much at a stretch has its toll on he battery tho.

Multitaskng-yea the N81 is kinda fast.I havent used it for long enough to comment on that.My friend sold that crap in a month.But in the initial days it was quite fast, faster compared to a 6 month old N73.But i doubt the case in a few months.And the phone slows down considerably when using pirated or uncensored software.And please dont post comments to simply downgrade the W890 just for the sake of it.My phone has more than a 200 pictures and it never stumbles.

And build quality hasnt been improved in any of the batchesit still has a wobbly slider and the slider goes looses after using it for too long.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I know the phone you're talking about. But that isn't released yet i think(forgot the model , is it w305i).only announced. No point here.

Look , this is not a SE vs Nokia thread, its n81 vs w890i now. So dont bring entire se line up in your comparison.

Fact is n81 has better gaming capability and it is concluded.
And yes , i've nfs pro street , and bowling installed right now in my mobile. And i can assure its nothing compared to cracked ngage asphalt version Or fifa. And as long as i know w890 dont have wii effect , right.

Right now i'm not talking about sound quality , talking with fanboy like you is useless. I wanted to prove that n81 has much more user friendly player. Its almost like a dedicated mp3 player , it even have scrollwheel like dpad.

And no n81 dont become slow later. No s60 feature pack 1 gets slow for that matter. I last formatted my cell in december and its still running quite well.
I've over 50 softwares installed in my 5700( including around 15 games) each one of them is probably pirated , except free softwares like google maps. And it dont show any sign of slowness. Just the boot become higher because i've filled my 2gig card.n81 is even better because it have 42 mb ram.

I've not used psp menu that menu much on w890 i . But i've used them extensively on 850i and 580i and its definitly slow on them.i know its not that slow , but definitly slow to me who is so used to resco viewer.

And i can assure you that built quality is improved.just check for yourself now.

I surf internet through mobile(s60 browser if you ask) so i cant give you video now to prove my point. But i'll definitly try to give it as soon as possible.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@tamaghno-now i know you are bluffing.The W580 has a psp menu??from when?? :O

And instead of telling me that the N81 has better sound quality why dont you show me some proof to prove me wrong.And dont call me a fanboy just for the sake of it.Show me the RMAA ratings and i will believe you.Now dont show me reviews where people listened to thw song and liked one player to the other..thats totally subjective.This was my reply to your
And i'm not even talking about music quality , with dedicated sound processor n81 is better than most phone out there. Dont forget that it was supposed to replace n91.

but i guess you wiont deny that the HPM-70 earphones are much better than the ones provided by nokia.The earphones provided with the N81 are crap.JUst compare them to the HPM-70 and you will know whos a clear winner.

Yes,sorry, I brought the W760 to the comparison.The W760 is a bit costlier, retailing at 16k and has the accelerometer inbulilt and supports Wii gaming.

Newaz..i guess the threadstarter has made his choice.

offtopoic:tamoghno, you a bong?where do you live?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
1) Good Music player : with n81's dedicated buttons you get the music playe just one touch away.a single press. Now if that's not good interface dont know what is definition your good.

2) Good web browser : how dare you say both sucks ? N81's browser support flash , javascript , ajax , css and is based on safari browser, tabbed browsing with very good rss reader.and you said opera mini is better ?.It's the best browser out there.(opera 9.5 for windows seems great but thats a windows thing).

3) Multitasking : n81 slow ? You're nothing but a damn liar. This is S60 With feature pack 1 device with around 42 mb of free ram. If you search you can find a video on youtube showing n81 running almostall application at once without any memory low warning. Yes i said it right , the reviewer opened every menu he could open but the phone still runs smoothly. I dont know if it's because of demand paging or something , but this really does works.

4) Gaming : now this post shows how desperation over sony. You compared java game with native game ? I am frankly running out of words to compare this. Please atleast for once play for yourself the games like system rush evolution , fifa 08 , and asphalt on ngage and ask yourself honestly . Its ever better with dedicated keys and landscape gaming mode.

5) Speakerphone loudness : w890 may be bit louder but quality is no match to n81.n81 has one of the clearest speaker till date. Its so clear sometimes its hard to believe that its coming from a cellphone. And it does actually provide stereo effect from loudspeaker.
1) Music Player: For what is the Walkman key in W890i? The GSMArena tests have proved that quality of SE's camera fone K850i is better than N81....and W890i got better sound than K850i. Don't know whether N81 it was to replace N91, but SE still leads here. [Source: GSMArena] N91 had a brilliant audio though.

2) Web Browsing: All this is present in the Access NetFront 3.4 of W890i except Flash lite. Anyways, N81 has NOT got RSS reader by default which W890i has got. Are you sure about the tabbed browsing in S60 browser??? Opera Mini is way faster than both and also provides almost every feature feature. I also admitted here that N81 has got bigger screen if you can't read my post carefully.

3) Multitasking: Where the hell did I call N81 slow? I called W890i faster.

4) Gaming: I hadn't compared and had myself admitted N81 is better. But in the end had asked the thread starter about his preference of Games. I very well know Symbian games are **much** better than Java.
N81 - just due to its a Symbian & based on N-gage platform.....But which types of games will you play - Java or Symbian?
5) Speaker: I've a W890i and believe it has got clear sound. It isn't distorted in any way. Haven't listened to N81 though.

N81 has got many issues...I posted them above.

I've no problems with the thread starter getting N81....It is his money..he has to decide.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Thread starter might have got scared :D:D

Lemme rate some things here

1. Camera = N81 (2/10) = w890i(8/10)

2. Sound quality = N81(9/10) = w890i(9/10)

3. Gaming = N81(9/10) = W890i(7/10) if you like that motion sensing gimmick then (8/10)

4. Loudness = N81(9/10) = w890i (7/10)

5. Music capabilities (interface,jack and dedi keys) = N81(10/10) = w890i(8/10)

6. Looks = N82 (7/10) = W890I(8/10)

7. Speed = N82 (7/10) = W890I(9/10)

Now if you need a good cam then nothing beats W890I but if you need a good phone then nothing beats the N81

Third Eye

gooby pls
W890i is a good phone,screen is small but it has got higher flaunt value than N81(IMO),music is good but not better than N81(tested by me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom