120 mm case fans, availability and cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
In digit as well as other forums, 120 mm cabinet fans are recommended for their better air circulation and lower noise compared to the popular 80 mm ones. In search of such fans I have enquired at different places in Kerala, even at big dealers and they are not even aware that such fans exist. Reputed brands are of course available at online stores but their costs are prohibitive and then there are taxes and courier charges.

Hence I request those using such fans to elaborate on its availability, price, price/perfomance ratio etc.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Try getting Antec or Zalman........well i don't know the dealers in Kerala....but i think u will get it in any good and big shop......But first check if ur case supports a 120mm fan coz most cabinets which have a 80mm fan cannot accomadate a 120mm fan...

puja399

In the zone
Why do u want to use 120mm fans?? It requires 120mm cut outs in the back of the cabinet which is rare. Only high end cabinets have 120mm cut outs but they usually come with 120mm fans bundled with them, like Antec Super LANBOY. Moreover 120mm fans are usually low speed (for making them less noisy). If u need high performance fans, u can buy 80 mm high speed fans from Antec (About Rs.750/- each).

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Beware, in most cabinets you can't fit the 120 mm fans!! Only high-end cabinets
support it. That's why I think the dealers in Kerala don't buy it, because of poor
demand. But 120 mm fans defintely cool & reduce the temperature fast. If you want
120 mm fans , you need to buy a high-end cabinet, that will cost around 8000!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
dealers of antec in Kerala

Code:
 Kerala
 Cochin
     All Time Power Technologies Pvt Ltd,
     Mr. Harikrishnan
     Tel: 2205041/2/3.
     Mob: 9846052705.

Radha Electronics,
     Mr. Madhusudan Gupta,
     Tel: 2377222,
     Mob: 9847032436.

Trivandrum
     Logtech Infoway (P) Ltd,
     Mr. Harikumar,
     Tel: 2339200-06.
     Mob: 9447060600.

sorry none in kollam

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
puja399 said:
Why do u want to use 120mm fans?? It requires 120mm cut outs in the back of the cabinet which is rare. Only high end cabinets have 120mm cut outs but they usually come with 120mm fans bundled with them, like Antec Super LANBOY. Moreover 120mm fans are usually low speed (for making them less noisy). If u need high performance fans, u can buy 80 mm high speed fans from Antec (About Rs.750/- each).

Because of lower noise and more air transfer as mentioned in my first post.

My cabinet has provision for both 80mm and 120mm in the rear.

I am actually using one Antec Pro 80mm which spins at 2700 rpm and makes much more noise than ordinary fans. (bought online for about Rs.400)

And gary4gar, I had already enquired at Logtech, Trivandrum and they dont stock any Antec item and supply only against order and the costs are high and on par with online stores though generally they are very good dealers.

Last edited:
OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
JGuru said:
Beware, in most cabinets you can't fit the 120 mm fans!! Only high-end cabinets
support it. That's why I think the dealers in Kerala don't buy it, because of poor
demand. But 120 mm fans defintely cool & reduce the temperature fast. If you want
120 mm fans , you need to buy a high-end cabinet, that will cost around 8000!!
You are entirely wrong. For around Rs.4000/-, you can get even an Antec 1650 cabinet with 120mm tricool fan plus Antec SP 350W PSU both built in.

And my iball cabinet has provision to fit a 120mm in the rear.

shovik

Banned
Don't go for Antec's products except the power supplies and cabinets from that brand...
Again Zalman and all the imported brands are very tough to acquire and their maintainence is also troublesome......
Definitely only high-end mobos have the privilege for the 120mm fans, but if you wanna go for 120mm fans then go for local brands which you can easily get and incase of any problem can get replaced....

Regards,
Shovik.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
shovik said:
Don't go for Antec's products except the power supplies and cabinets from that brand...
Again Zalman and all the imported brands are very tough to acquire and their maintainence is also troublesome......
Definitely only high-end mobos have the privilege for the 120mm fans, but if you wanna go for 120mm fans then go for local brands which you can easily get and incase of any problem can get replaced....

Regards,
Shovik.

What do you mean?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I tried my best to get local brands but in vain.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well I have bought 120mm local branded fans for around 40-50/- here in kolkata. U could get those in any "computer" shop.
Using four of those in my iball grabit cabinet(actally had to drill holes to accomodate the fans). Does help in keeping the temp. down. Better than those 80mm, atleast for me.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
shovik said:
Yeah you can buy thorough www.ebay.in or www.amazon.com.

They have a lot of varieties to choose from..

Regards,
Shovik.

Are you really suggesting me to buy a case fan from amazon.com. [Paying dollars + international courier charges + customs + all related problems] It will definitely be many times that of online stores in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom