111 booked for FB posts against PJ Kurien: reports

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
A case was reportedly filed against 111 people on Monday for defamatory remarks against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien on Facebook over the Suryanelli gangrape case. According to reports, Bindu Krishna, a Mahila Congress leader in Kerala, had filed a complaint with the cyber cell
of the Kerala Police against the defamatory comments.

In other reports, 120 people have been questioned by the police in Thiruvananthapuram and nearby areas for posting allegedly obscene Facebook posts about Congress leader PJ Kurien and the Suryanelli rape case.

Two days ago, the rape victim had lodged a police complaint insisting that Kurien be made an accused in the case.

According to the complainant, Dharmarajan had told a television channel that he had accompanied Kurien to Kumily rest house in his car on February 19, 1996 where the girl was sexually exploited.

11 booked for FB posts against PJ Kurien: reports - Hindustan Times

Give me a break from facebook .....................

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
The awkward moment when we start prioritizing a social network site over our beloved social life. India is going somewhere beyond repair.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I don't get it how people are actually accepting this literal dictatorship under guise of Information Technology Act.
There have been cases when people who just happened to genuinely exhibit their frustrations with government have been booked for no less innocent a case.
People please understand you are living in democracy and fight this...i am all game for this.Amend the It act or the government goes...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
^^^It all falls in place when we think that the rising inflation,cost,corruption and the anger amongst public will doom this Congress Led government for sure this time.

But come to terms with the fact that before last elections weren't these very issues there in the first place and yet congress won again and all the logic falls flat on face.

People need to know these days its their life they are choosing not just their government.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i thought social networks are the place where we can express our views upon these matter i think i was wrong..........

Hrishi

I don't get it how people are actually accepting this literal dictatorship under guise of Information Technology Act.
There have been cases when people who just happened to genuinely exhibit their frustrations with government have been booked for no less innocent a case.
People please understand you are living in democracy and fight this...i am all game for this.Amend the It act or the government goes...
I agree. We are living in a democracy.

Top Bottom