** ~10k mobile advice thread **

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have seen a lot ot people around me buying Mi, Redmi or Realme instead of Motorola or Nokia as selfies with filter look good.
Don't fall for this selfie filters and buy opp/ vivo.
Buy Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, IPhone etc.
Don't buy Realme & Redmi.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
someone heard one offline shop person saying this to a customer when he asked for a Nokia device: "Oh in that phone you have to install updates every month...in Oppo A5S you don't have to install any updates so better go with oppo"

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Any phone in strictly 6-9K budget, only calling use, secondary phone. Would be carried along so a good build is preferred. Any mobile brand as long as ads can be disabled. No other requirements.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Any phone in strictly 6-9K budget, only calling use, secondary phone. Would be carried along so a good build is preferred. Any mobile brand as long as ads can be disabled. No other requirements.
If it's just for calling, better go for a feature phone. or does it have to be a smartphone?
The only brands in my radar lately are Redmi and POCO. In that budget, Poco C31 would do. But it feels dated, it's already an year old and it's a rebranded version of C3.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
If it's just for calling, better go for a feature phone. or does it have to be a smartphone?
The only brands in my radar lately are Redmi and POCO. In that budget, Poco C31 would do. But it feels dated, it's already an year old and it's a rebranded version of C3.
Smartphone only because true caller will be required in it.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Smartphone only because true caller will be required in it.
Poco C31 and Redmi 9 are pretty much the same. If you're okay with Xiaomi, you can go for it.
If you're buying around festival time, Redmi 10 may come in your budget after all the offers/discounts.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Need a Moto for my MIL. She has a Moto G9 now which only runs if charging.

Thinking of Moto G52 vs. G31. They seem to be similar.?

Do not want to go beyond 12 K.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone suggest a mobile under 10k? Strictly below 10k with all discounts combined. Mobile will be purchased before 31st May.

Only requirement is 6000 mAh battery.
And good camera for photos and videos for 10k budget.
Mobile will be used for YouTube, WhatsApp and News articals.
Any brand.
Any display size.
Any SoC.

Can anyone suggest a mobile under 10k? Strictly below 10k with all discounts combined. Mobile will be purchased before 31st May.

Any brand.
Any display size.
Any SoC.
15k is the new 10k sadly.

Moto G32 looks decent for 12k. For strictly under 10k, you have Moto G13. Both G85 & S680 SoC are too weak now IMO. Both lack 5G & G13 has a 720p display. G13 is 4GB/128GB & G32 is 8GB/128GB.

Poco M4 5G at 13k (1k off with SBI card) is a decent 5G option but is 4GB/64GB. 64GB storage might feel low & MIUI is resource-heavy as well.

Take your call on what you are willing to sacrifice. Ideally, my recommendation for budget phones is Moto G73 at 16k or so.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12091&idPhone2=11733&idPhone3=11427

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
15k is the new 10k sadly.

Moto G32 looks decent for 12k. For strictly under 10k, you have Moto G13. Both G85 & S680 SoC are too weak now IMO. Both lack 5G & G13 has a 720p display. G13 is 4GB/128GB & G32 is 8GB/128GB.

Poco M4 5G at 13k (1k off with SBI card) is a decent 5G option but is 4GB/64GB. 64GB storage might feel low & MIUI is resource-heavy as well.

Take your call on what you are willing to sacrifice. Ideally, my recommendation for budget phones is Moto G73 at 16k or so.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12091&idPhone2=11733&idPhone3=11427
Sad reality.
I was suggesting redmi 10, 10 power and some realme and Samsung devices with 6000 mAh battery.
But I can't decide.
Mobiles suggested by you are above budget.
5g not required.

icebags

Technomancer

Any brand.
Any display size.
Any SoC.
you can take a look ar moto E40. i have been using for more than a year, no issues.
just for the sake of battery longevity, not charging it more than 80% with 1A charger. with this, stays a day with light / light moderate usage.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sad reality.
I was suggesting redmi 10, 10 power and some realme and Samsung devices with 6000 mAh battery.
But I can't decide.
Mobiles suggested by you are above budget.
5g not required.
With 6000mah battery as filter, I think the best you can get is SD680. Redmi 10 fits your criteria best, IMO.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
With 6000mah battery as filter, I think the best you can get is SD680. Redmi 10 fits your criteria best, IMO.
I have decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy M14 5G.
₹13999 - 1500 (ICICI discount - 750 Samsung Store app discount = ₹11749

Any suggestion.
I compared 680 vs Exynos 1330 SoC.
The battery is a little better on 1330.
*nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/samsung-exynos-1330-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-680

*m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12160&sSearch2=&sSearch1=&idPhone2=11486#diff-

It is very confusing which redmi 10 is available in India.
Also it's difficult to find older devices on MI Store app.

Any suggestion.

Unless someone needs call recording w/o an announcement, M14 is a no for me. Almost all exynos SoCs are relatively inefficient. It's still an ok device, so take your call, will prefer M14 over that Redmi because of better OS & 1080p panel.

nac

Aspiring Novelist

Any suggestion.

With Redmi 10 out, I don't find any good one under 10k with 6000mah.
Surprisingly I see Poco M5 under 10k, infact cheaper than Redmi 10. Wonderful pricing, have to check the reviews how good or bad that is. Sadly it sports 5000mah battery.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
With Redmi 10 out, I don't find any good one under 10k with 6000mah.
Surprisingly I see Poco M5 under 10k, infact cheaper than Redmi 10. Wonderful pricing, have to check the reviews how good or bad that is. Sadly it sports 5000mah battery.
After m3 and x3 series, no other poco device has 6000 mAh.

Top Bottom