** ~10k mobile advice thread **

animes_d

Broken In
Checked Mi A1, looks good, specs are similar to Moto G5S plus and the price difference is only 1k . As I'm skeptical about Mi brand, I think I would go with Moto G5S plus.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Checked Mi A1, looks good, specs are similar to Moto G5S plus and the price difference is only 1k . As I'm skeptical about Mi brand, I think I would go with Moto G5S plus.
Seriously, try custom rom on your 3s prime before buying a new phone.
Also, if you want updates, stick to A1 since google has promised two years of update support. Moto doesn't care about them after Lenovo bought it.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Moto is Chinese after lenovo acquired it. Actually Mi is much better than moto they listens to customer unlike moto where service is handled by 3rd party and updates will be provided by google so no issue in that too.
You said you need stock interface for that reason we suggested mi A1 but if you can ignore stock interface then there is Zenfone 3 32GB one for 13k

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You will be wasting your money if you buy the G5S. TBH I am also skeptical about A1 but mi is a good company when it comes to electronic devices.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
What do you mean by trying custom roms? How can I try it without buying the phone?

in simple terms think of custom rom as a different variant of android operating system...

just like you install windows on a pc.. think of it like installing windows on a phone..

put simply you can get that exact user interface that you get on moto G5 /g5s plus on your redmi 3s prime.. so you can transform your redmi 3s prime looks , interface , settings , features everything exactly as moto G5 plus or your old moto E....

so if you are changing your phone just because you don't like its user interface or some software feature then you are wasting your money because you can get that done for free by reading a few guides and following procedure on your redmi 3s prime...

the whole process feels a bit complicated and time consuming when you are doing it for the first time.. but there are very good guides available.. search and read a few guides.. it will start becoming clear slowly and then just follow the procedure correctly and transform your redmi 3s prime into a motorola g5 plus/ google pixel like interface

if all this still feels complicated take it to mobile repair shop pay them 200-300rs and they will do it for you

dont buy another phone just because you dont like it's android interface or some software feature

watch this video to get a better idea

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Never do this. You don't know what else they might install in your phone in the name of "updates".

yeah i agree using this option as a permanent option is risky .. but still i think it is better for a new person to try this option rather than buy a completely new phone as a last case scenario atleast the early complicated part for new people of unlocking bootloader plus installing custom recovery woud be done by them .. then it's just a matter of downloading a clean custom rom file and following 2-3 simple steps on the phone itself..
unless you can also have some sort of super advanced spying/tracking built into custom recovery software itself which i am not aware off..

Last edited:

animes_d

Broken In
in simple terms think of custom rom as a different variant of android operating system...

just like you install windows on a pc.. think of it like installing windows on a phone..

put simply you can get that exact user interface that you get on moto G5 /g5s plus on your redmi 3s prime.. so you can transform your redmi 3s prime looks , interface , settings , features everything exactly as moto G5 plus or your old moto E....

so if you are changing your phone just because you don't like its user interface or some software feature then you are wasting your money because you can get that done for free by reading a few guides and following procedure on your redmi 3s prime...

the whole process feels a bit complicated and time consuming when you are doing it for the first time.. but there are very good guides available.. search and read a few guides.. it will start becoming clear slowly and then just follow the procedure correctly and transform your redmi 3s prime into a motorola g5 plus/ google pixel like interface

if all this still feels complicated take it to mobile repair shop pay them 200-300rs and they will do it for you

dont buy another phone just because you dont like it's android interface or some software feature

watch this video to get a better idea

l

Great info. Although it seems little bit complicated. But I'll try to do it myself only. It could be learning experience. Thanks a ton.

animes_d

Broken In
But what about the camera? I;m not happy with 3S Prime camera. Is Moto G5S or G5S plus would be better than this?

joyceanblue

Broken In
Could someone tell me if it is worth spending 1k more for Redmi4 over 4A? and how does Y1 compare to these two? i dont game much, just browsing net and youtubing of course 4g support is a must.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Could someone tell me if it is worth spending 1k more for Redmi4 over 4A? and how does Y1 compare to these two? i dont game much, just browsing net and youtubing of course 4g support is a must.
Not a fan of these chinese oem's but Y1 has good reviews everywhere.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Compare Xiaomi Redmi 4a vs. Xiaomi Redmi 4 (4X) vs. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 - GSMArena.com

Redmi 4 gives you bigger battery, more ram, storage, fingerprint reader, marginally better CPU and camera over 4A. Y1 is like a bigger Redmi 4A aimed at selfie-centered people.

Top Bottom