** ~10k mobile advice thread **

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hey Guys!

I ordered Asus Zenfone 3 yesterday from Amazon as it offered 1K less than Flipkart :razz:
And the same amount got adjusted in Mobile cover :cool:
As the package has been shipped, I'm eagerly waiting for my new Smart Phone :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hey Guys!

I ordered Asus Zenfone 3 yesterday from Amazon as it offered 1K less than Flipkart :razz:
And the same amount got adjusted in Mobile cover :cool:
As the package has been shipped, I'm eagerly waiting for my new Smart Phone :)
congrats

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just for peace of mind(knowing it is genuine legally imported into India device). Also date of purchase in Asus database will be the same as on invoice so in case of any after sales support it will be a bit easier.

andy_65_in

Padawan
Does nougat permit use of sd card as internal storage unlike marshmallow..am fed up of my MM zenphone 550 KL...thinking of replacing it

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Would be better to get something with 64GB or higher internal space instead of relying on sd card for internal storage.
Question still stands Goku is it possible in Nougat without root? Of the little what I remember it is, Idk whether Google has patched it or not.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Question still stands Goku is it possible in Nougat without root? Of the little what I remember it is, Idk whether Google has patched it or not.
There is option to setup SD card as internal storage but then it gets formatted and you can't us it elsewhere without formatting again.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
If you mount SD card as Internal then it will not very helpful. You will be need to use App2SD which require root permission.

I am using MM and I can mount my SD as Internal storage but it only allow me to move images/video but apps use 100% internal storage so I un-mount my SD card, Format it with 2 partition(1st ext4 and 2nd FAT32) and then use App2SD (Link2SD does not work properly and show various error).

I move my most of apps to SD card and newly installed apps automatically moved to SD card.

Now I am thinking about purchasing 128GB SD card. Thank god that I don't need to buy expensive phone just for more space ;)

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you mount SD card as Internal then it will not very helpful. You will be need to use App2SD which require root permission.

I am using MM and I can mount my SD as Internal storage but it only allow me to move images/video but apps use 100% internal storage so I un-mount my SD card, Format it with 2 partition(1st ext4 and 2nd FAT32) and then use App2SD (Link2SD does not work properly and show various error).

I move my most of apps to SD card and newly installed apps automatically moved to SD card.

Now I am thinking about purchasing 128GB SD card. Thank god that I don't need to buy expensive phone just for more space ;)
So, no non-root method, very sad. Why haven't you updated to Nougat?

Top Bottom