** ~10k mobile advice thread **

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
yuphoria v/s redmi 2 - which would be a better choice? also read above that redmi 2 with 2gb RAM would be releasing soon (this month probably?). at about 8k?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
battery lasts for longer now? read in an old review that it used to drain fast and was promised to be fixed with future updates.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
battery lasts for longer now? read in an old review that it used to drain fast and was promised to be fixed with future updates.

Go for Redmi 2. Everything is not good rather excellent except battery (it is actually bad).

Xiaomi has been very good at giving updates too. Redmi 2 is also receiving MIUI 7, most probably based upon 5.1.

And MIUI is love-hate. I find it good, some find it bad, can't blame them but it's not a basis to recommend or not recommend a phone. Also, custom ROM is not everybody's piece of cake. I for one, am perfectly capable to do these, but still I keep myself limited to root or a bit more because I am lazy.

Lastly, the popularity of Xiaomi devices vs Yu devices is something which should be thought upon.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Go for Redmi 2. Everything is not good rather excellent except battery (it is actually bad).

Xiaomi has been very good at giving updates too. Redmi 2 is also receiving MIUI 7, most probably based upon 5.1.

And MIUI is love-hate. I find it good, some find it bad, can't blame them but it's not a basis to recommend or not recommend a phone. Also, custom ROM is not everybody's piece of cake. I for one, am perfectly capable to do these, but still I keep myself limited to root or a bit more because I am lazy.

Lastly, the popularity of Xiaomi devices vs Yu devices is something which should be thought upon.

thanks a lot! seeing redmi 2 prime available on amazon today, i kept it in my cart for my friend. hopefully shall purchase it tonight.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Guys how would be the performance compared to asus zenfone 5 1.6ghz 16gb model.
Thinking of swapping it for 4g Connectivity. My mom loves my ZenFone

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION], [MENTION=317810]Stormbringer[/MENTION] - ordered the redmi 2 prime from amazon tonight. thanks for the inputs!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
^ Happy to help. :)

Go for a hybrid case or a TPU based one. Don't buy flip cover.

thanks! yes; hassle in one-handed operation with a flip-cover. removed its link. also the reviews for the tempered glass back cover with aluminium edges read that its fragile, so discounting that too now. only left with the likes of the amzer/higar one.

punitks

Broken In
Hi Folks.. looking for a `7k android...
have read about the below phones, kindly sugggest which one is the best buy...
I am not a heavy gamer. Primary requirement is

1 - battery life and call quality (cannot compromise on call quality at all)
2 - reliability. Should be able to use the phone for atleast 2 years (or even 3 :))
3 - servicing availability

I am not too much into taking photos. so camera is not of prime importance

I have shortlisted the below 4 phones in order of my liking

1. Redmi 2s prime - PROS - screen size of 4.7 (I am currently using a 4" phone and like because I am able to operat it with one hand)
2. Yuphoria - looks are really great, but heard that it has lot of bugs, also digit official review says that the display has a weird pink tinge
3. Lenovo A6000 plus - heard that lenovo is a robust phone and will last for long, however cons about its battery
4. Coolpad Dazen 1 - matches the specs of above phone.. havent heard much on it though

looking forward to your replies :)

ashs1

Padawan

2 - reliability. Should be able to use the phone for atleast 2 years (or even 3 :))

1. Redmi 2s prime - PROS - screen size of 4.7 (I am currently using a 4" phone and like because I am able to operat it with one hand)
2. Yuphoria - looks are really great, but heard that it has lot of bugs, also digit official review says that the display has a weird pink tinge
3. Lenovo A6000 plus - heard that lenovo is a robust phone and will last for long, however cons about its battery
4. Coolpad Dazen 1 - matches the specs of above phone.. havent heard much on it though

Definitely Redmi 2s Prime.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

as regards to A6000+'s battery, it isn't bad. my father uses it, with either data or wifi kept on more often than not, and the battery lasts more than a day. however, browsing is minimal, no FM or multimedia-usage, and no gaming. so i guess adding these three, the battery on your phone could last atleast more than half-a-day (with still some left i think).

punitks

Broken In
Definitely Redmi 2s Prime.

as regards to A6000+'s battery, it isn't bad. my father uses it, with either data or wifi kept on more often than not, and the battery lasts more than a day. however, browsing is minimal, no FM or multimedia-usage, and no gaming. so i guess adding these three, the battery on your phone could last atleast more than half-a-day (with still some left i think).
so would you suggest A6000 plus over Redmi 2s prime?

no one recommending Yuphoria... ?

braindead

Bankaiiiii

so would you suggest A6000 plus over Redmi 2s prime?

no one recommending Yuphoria... ?

i would recommend redmi 2 because of
Smaller body ( based on your preference)
Better battery
Decent servicing in my current city

others:
otg support
camera
good build quality

punitks

Broken In
Hi All thanks....

Just ordered Rdemi 2s prime (grey) via amazon app... have been promised cashback of 15% as I used HDFC card.. so will be able to get it for around 6K which is great

will let you know the reviews soon

:)

Top Bottom