** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
guys anyone?

There is no redmi 2s prime..i believe you meant redmi 2 prime...Get the redmi 2 prime as it almost same to redmi 2(regular) except double the RAM and internal storage as that of the regular redmi 2. MIUI is heavy on resources and leaves hardly 200mb of free ram on a regular redmi 2.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello friends, just learned about ASUS Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE550KL). What about it? its price tag says- Rs 9999/- but I am confused about its specification. Some sites says it has 5 inch screen while others say its 5.5 inch. Also the internal storage some say its 8gb while others say its 16gb and battery(3000 and 2800). Please clarify this doubt also let me know the review of this phone. I do use Asus and is a big fan of it. I somehow have the conception its products are good(like in the AV, i always trust ESET). I have my MB-H75 and GPU- HD 7790 both from Asus. One of my friend used zenfone 4 and said its good(priced at 5999 or so). If it has 5.5 inch screen and both 4G sims, I think I should go for it. It has good looks which attracts me too.Thanking you.

gavnit

Broken In
Whatever is given on flipkart is true , you can also call or email flipkart support to confirm. Remember these fone exclusive for flipkart

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello friends, just learned about ASUS Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE550KL). What about it? its price tag says- Rs 9999/- but I am confused about its specification. Some sites says it has 5 inch screen while others say its 5.5 inch. Also the internal storage some say its 8gb while others say its 16gb and battery(3000 and 2800). Please clarify this doubt also let me know the review of this phone. I do use Asus and is a big fan of it. I somehow have the conception its products are good(like in the AV, i always trust ESET). I have my MB-H75 and GPU- HD 7790 both from Asus. One of my friend used zenfone 4 and said its good(priced at 5999 or so). If it has 5.5 inch screen and both 4G sims, I think I should go for it. It has good looks which attracts me too.Thanking you.

Check on gsmarena.com for which ever phone you want to. Don't trust flipkart or any other shopping site blindly.

the.one

In the zone
Check on gsmarena.com for which ever phone you want to. Don't trust flipkart or any other shopping site blindly.

Rite! I checked the specs of SD 615 variant of zenfone laser on flipkart and found one mistake immediately, gpu was listed as adreno 305 whereas its listed as 405 on other sites.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hello friends, just learned about ASUS Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE550KL). What about it? its price tag says- Rs 9999/- but I am confused about its specification. Some sites says it has 5 inch screen while others say its 5.5 inch. Also the internal storage some say its 8gb while others say its 16gb and battery(3000 and 2800). Please clarify this doubt also let me know the review of this phone.

There are many variants i guess check thoroughly before ordering.

nickreynold

Journeyman
A million thanks for advising. I checked gsmarena and the screen size says- 5.5 inch, 16gb storage and 3000mah battery. Some things are double like 2 processors-410 and 615 and GPU-306 and 405. I guess the price would vary in these 2 models.Also radio is not confirmed but I guess it would be there. It does say LTE but whether both sims support or only, not mentioned either. I guess the review and features will change as the phone hits the market. Though this phone fulfills all my requirements, I will still wait for sometime before rushing to purchase this, may be when its available in retail or exclusive stores. I did wait when I wanted to buy a 4G phone and this came out. Can expect a price cut which I think is highly ambitious though.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Rite! I checked the specs of SD 615 variant of zenfone laser on flipkart and found one mistake immediately, gpu was listed as adreno 305 whereas its listed as 405 on other sites.

click on the link in my signature. flipkart is right about zenfone 2 laser.

the.one

In the zone
click on the link in my signature. flipkart is right about zenfone 2 laser.

Dont know but i still see adreno 405 on the link u posted Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL 3GB RAM Price in India on 21 August 2015, Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL 3GB RAM Release Date and Specifications | 91mobiles.com

And adreno 306 on flipkarts page Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Dont know but i still see adreno 405 on the link u posted Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL 3GB RAM Price in India on 21 August 2015, Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL 3GB RAM Release Date and Specifications | 91mobiles.com

And adreno 306 on flipkarts page Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
Asus zenphone 2 laser have two versions
this have sd 410 with adreno 306
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

this have sd 615 with adreno 405
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

2GB version = Snapdragon 410 = Adreno 306
3GB version = Snapdragon 615 = Adreno 405

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yes thats the way how its supposed to be..

But what I meant was, flipkart has listed 3GB version/Snapdragon 615 with Adreno 306.

flipkart stuff aren't techie enough ;)

Do you think its worth it?
I mean is the camera improved or is it still bad?

Camera is good. Plus laser focus actually works. The 2GB version will have almost no competition now as Note 2 is not coming here anytime soon. But 3GB version will have to take on Moto G 3rd gen with similar camera performance. And then theres Xiaomi.

The only problem for Asus is the update. They shipped Android 5.0 for last gen devices long after Android 5.1 has been released. And now with Samsung like strategy flooding market with vanilla, laser, selfie & deluxe, i really doubt any of their current devices will ever taste Marshmallow officially (for those who care of course).

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
flipkart stuff aren't techie enough ;)

Camera is good. Plus laser focus actually works. The 2GB version will have almost no competition now as Note 2 is not coming here anytime soon. But 3GB version will have to take on Moto G 3rd gen with similar camera performance. And then theres Xiaomi.

The only problem for Asus is the update. They shipped Android 5.0 for last gen devices long after Android 5.1 has been released. And now with Samsung like strategy flooding market with vanilla, laser, selfie & deluxe, i really doubt any of their current devices will ever taste Marshmallow officially (for those who care of course).

Hmm I just hope it gets dev support from the likes of CM etc soon or maybe a windows 10 rom for the intel atom based Zenfone 2's
thatll make it a sweeter deal

$hadow

Geek in making
Dev won't look into intel untill and unless they have a very strong reason to look. Untill we see major manufacturers using intel SOC the development will be negligible.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Hey fellas...
Need advice on phone under 10.
A friend needs it asap.

His requirements are -
-Phone should be sturdy
-Stable operation (phones nowadays have too many glitches and instability)
-Long lasting
-Call quality
-Battery life

As you can guess from requirements that he don't want bleeding edge hardware or software.
He was using BlackBerry, until it died on him..curve 9220 I think.

He bought yuphoria on my recommendation.. But the power button stopped working in just 2 weeks.. Thanks to Amazon , he returned it.

Now I'm leaning towards lumia 640, but It have plastic body..and it didn't felt sturdy to me. But I see no other options.

Help out guys.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Hey fellas...
A friend needs it asap.

His requirements are -
-Phone should be sturdy
-Long lasting
-Call quality
-Battery life

As you can guess from requirements that he don't want bleeding edge hardware or software.

He bought yuphoria on my recommendation.. But the power button stopped working in just 2 weeks.. Thanks to Amazon , he returned it.

Now I'm leaning towards lumia 640, but It have plastic body..and it didn't felf sturdy to me. But I see no other options.

Help out guys.

Moto g 3nd gen would be a awesome buy if he can inc his budget otherwise redmi 2 prime or lumia 640

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Dev won't look into intel untill and unless they have a very strong reason to look. Untill we see major manufacturers using intel SOC the development will be negligible.

I think if Windows 10 Mobile releases soon and keeps its promises,maybe we ll see a "surface phone" with intel SOCs
plus windows 10 mobile even got hacked for Google Play support and apparently it works OK atm

- - - Updated - - -

Hey fellas...
A friend needs it asap.

His requirements are -
-Phone should be sturdy
-Long lasting
-Call quality
-Battery life

Now I'm leaning towards lumia 640, but It have plastic body..and it didn't felt sturdy to me. But I see no other options.

Help out guys.

640 is an absolute rock !!
my friend has one and its deadly sturdy especially with my friends extremely rough usage
if hes on a budget 535 is also a decent deal at 6k but 640 has a miles better camera
also for those requirements , I doubt any other androids will match up to his requirements other than maybe Moto to an extent

- - - Updated - - -

How about moto g 2?
9k after exchange ..is it still worth it?

its decent for the price
battery life and camera isnt great at all though
and call quality is OK at best plus high SAR values

Top Bottom