** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Flash

Lost in speed
Seeing the specifications @ sub-5k priced phones, Nokia Asha 501 will surely emerge as a winner in near future.
It got a handful of features for those who want a feature phone, but cant go beyond 5k because of budget.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Is the Samsung Galaxy S advance still a good choice(xolo,micromax,karbonn are not an option here)?
I can't find any other device with similar specs. And the device recently got a 4.1.2 update to jellybean as well.The drawback is the 768mb RAM and the under-exposure suffering camera. But the rest of the specs for the phone seem pretty good.

Is the Samsung Galaxy S advance still a good choice(xolo,micromax,karbonn are not an option here)?
I can't find any other device with similar specs. And the device recently got a 4.1.2 update to jellybean as well.The drawback is the 768mb RAM and the under-exposure suffering camera. But the rest of the specs for the phone seem pretty good.

For 13k, its best branded phone u can get. But its worth thinking to increase your budget a bit & get Xperia L @ 15.2k
Sony XPERIA L - 8 GB - Black Smartphone | eBay

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
For 13k, its best branded phone u can get. But its worth thinking to increase your budget a bit & get Xperia L @ 15.2k
Sony XPERIA L - 8 GB - Black Smartphone | eBay

Anyone else here noticed over saturated colours on Galaxy S Advance. My friend bought it a couple of months back and the colours look awful, they are so saturated. I tried replicating it in Photoshop and had to take the saturation to +55 to make it look like the phone. Imagine how bad it would be to use it like that. Is it a problem of all the phones or his specific phone?

1. Budget? 10k maximum
2. Display type and size? 4+inches
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference if product is good
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) inclined to touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Good camera. Flash is must
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G and wifi is must
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Doesn't matter
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? music, movies, gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? xolo q700 and q800(Which is better?)

Last edited:
^Get xolo Q700.
Q800 has 8MP rear camera and 1MP front camera. While Q700 has 5MP rear camera and VGA front camera. I'm getting both at almost same price. Don't you think Q800 is better option?

Is X910 a better choice? Does it support 1080p recording and playing?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Q800 has 8MP rear camera and 1MP front camera. While Q700 has 5MP rear camera and VGA front camera. I'm getting both at almost same price. Don't you think Q800 is better option?

in that case, yes. Q800 is better. BTW as the chipset of Q800 was downgraded it can't record 1080p video and most likely can't play 1080p videos, at least natively.

Is X910 a better choice? Does it support 1080p recording and playing?

old OS (really doubt LAVA will bother updating it to 4.1 or later) and being X86 architecture there will be some apps that may fail to install or work. and yes it supports 1080p.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok tell me the best phone from sony and htc under 10k. Only these two companies.

None of these companies have good phones under 10k.The best available are Xperia E from Sony or Galaxy S Duos from Samsung.Though i have read many complaints against S Duos in regards to lag,freeze,hangs and restarts also poor battery life.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ It's better to go for the Galaxy S Advance rather than buying the S Duos.

Harsh Pranami said:
Ok tell me the best phone from sony and htc under 10k. Only these two companies.
No good phones from those brands at that budget. There is a HTC Explorer, but it's more or less obsolete now :(

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ It's better to go for the Galaxy S Advance rather than buying the S Duos.

No good phones from those brands at that budget. There is a HTC Explorer, but it's more or less obsolete now :(

I have read on various forums about many people having problems with S Advance after JB update?

Rajesh345

Youngling
Friends currently i am using HTC explorer HTC Explorer - Full phone specifications

Which i am using for ~1 year , it is a solid phone supports supports majority of apps like chrome, games etc[its ROoted and installed sense 4.1 /cyanogen10.1]

Now i am planning to upgrade my phone to 4.5+ size phone

HTC explorer is 3.5'

Features i am looking are
0)Screen 4.5+ [key factor]
1)Should have More powerfull CPU & GPU than Explorer
2)Android
3)Touch
4)WIFI/3G/2G /DLAN
5)5 MP+ camera [sec camera if possible]
6)Compass [Pref][would like to use mobile for astronomy (telescope ..)
7) Battery -SHould be better than Li-Ion 1230 mAh battery

8) No INDIAN brand (sorry indian brands)
9) when will you buy ? In a month or + [
10 ) My Usage ? - Internet Internet 30% ebook Reading(pdf) ,Rest (Phone , Net SMS,etc,Minor gaming

Budget - how much should i have to get all these features ?

From tdf i noticed majority of sugg in this range is Xperia L (~16k) ? any other alternate

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ +1 to the Xperia L. Great phone in that budget. It's got a very good primary camera and the secondary camera too is of acceptable quality.

Top Bottom