** ~10k mobile advice thread **

rohitshe

Broken In
Hi,
I need suggestion for buying android phone upto 10 k.
Which phone should I buy,HTC explorer,LG Optimus net,Motorola FireXt?

I am looking for htc explore but confused please suggest me one.:confused:

clmlbx

Technomancer
under 10K it is explorer or optimus net both has it's pro and cons.. optimus net has better internal storage and camera(autofocus, don't know about quality)..

90MB internal storage is way less will not recommend who wants lot of apps and games.. but enough for few apps.. even you can transfer app to SD card but it still remains little bit in internal storage that fills up very fast.. ...

aroraanant

Explorer
I have used Explorer and its an amazing phone, haven't got my hands on LG optimus net so can't say about it.
I suggest you to get Explorer

Raccoon

Journeyman
I'v had my hands on the Optimus Net personally, for a short while, and it felt better than Explorer. And its specs are better too - better batter, more memory, etc. Explorer cam without AF is a severe limitation. Pic quality isn't good either. However, Explorer looks better than the Net. So make sure you check it out before buying, if external looks and build matter more than the internals.

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I am looking to replace my dad's old Sammy J150;

1. Budget?
Rs.5000 (can strech by 500 or so)

2. Display type and size?
No touchscreen; Largest screen Size possible; fonts must be clear and legible

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Only phones suited for easy one handed operation (so that rules flip/slide). Phones which are slim and compact will be added bonus

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Dad is familiar using Noka and Samsung OS, so these are preffered

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
No touchscreen, QWERTY will add to bulk

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
No preference - anything 2+ MP will do

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Nokia (symbian) and Samsung OS

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
minimum just be able to make/recieve calls :)

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
No preference

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Calling and texting only

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
None

12. Any other info that you want to share
Big easy to type keypad will be added bonus ; also slim and compact phones will also score brownie points as J150 dad is using is a very slim/compact phone

techno

Evil Genius
I would like to Buy A New phone strictly under 7.5k,what are the best options available in the market? suggest me with in nokia(ist preference/fanboy) or samsung,touchscreen preferred and As i am not an android fan boy any OS will work...camera 3.2mp preferred...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Budget?
Rs.5000 (can strech by 500 or so)

check Samsung Primo.

I would like to Buy A New phone strictly under 7.5k,what are the best options available in the market? suggest me with in nokia(ist preference/fanboy) or samsung,touchscreen preferred and As i am not an android fan boy any OS will work...camera 3.2mp preferred...

You want a smartphone or a feature phone? cause you have mainly 2 option: HTC Explorer or Nokia Asha series. The latter may have 1Ghz processor for showoff but can't use it.

techno

Evil Genius
check Samsung Primo.

You want a smartphone or a feature phone? cause you have mainly 2 option: HTC Explorer or Nokia Asha series. The latter may have 1Ghz processor for showoff but can't use it.

Brother I Am currently using nokia C5-5MP:p but now want a touch screen phone....how is samsung wave y android is for apps i dont need much apps....i will use the phone for a little music i dont like loud sound i want clear sound and internet and of course for calling and texting.......:mrgreen:

Last edited:

tech_boy

The Annoying Thing
Which android phone should i buy in ~10k range?
Req- Decent battery life and front camera(if possible).

uday9484

Broken In
hi there
i dont want to create separate thread so just posting here might help me in ths regard

my budget 8-10k
for this movement iam convinced to go for htc explorer but just got to hold after knowing the news of sony tipo might release next month or so
spec wise its good and its getting with ics also
the expected price is in 9.5-10k which i can extend
but iam curious know whether it falls in budget or not
because i have to wait for 1month or so
so tell friends is worth to wait or go for explorer as of now

thanks

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi guys i am thinking to upgrade my dual sim ph.i am using motorola ex 115, which one to go for my budget is within 10 k and how is this samsung galaxy y pro duos. it also has an android os but its gingerbread 2.3.so how is this handset is it worth to buy or r there any other options...!! help me guys to as i am confused..!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
unless you need to do a lot of typing or a SMS freak, better go for one with a bigger screen. If you want one with QWERTY, just hold on for a month. Galaxy Chat should be here by then. ICS based but specs have degraded from Y Pro.

Else the usual duo of Explorer or Net. Or maybe Tipo (again may take long time to get here).

Arnab boss

In the zone
is chat is launching with android ics..!!then ill wait for a while but the price range will b within 10 k or higher..??

no i am not a sms freak but i hate full touch screens as i hav a bad exp with nokia x6...i am comfortable with my e7 now..!! :razz:

but i find a keypad and touch handy while on the move..!! :cool:

sam u mentioned tht the features might b degraded than y pro then is it wiser to get the duos pro and the os can it b upgraded later on..!!

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
this is Galaxy Chat :p

will cost around 7k considering the specs. low resolution screen, poor camera. only good thing is the screen is a big one and its ICS.

Top Bottom