7. radio
8. Good internal ram & storage memory
9. above 3.2'' screen

Pls suggest

Dual Sim = some Spice mobile.
Front cam = not possible.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
old + bad battery backup. LG Optimus ME having a similar internal is always ignored. when a much better 3.2" Android mobile with descent specs is available for 9k why look for something that is discontinued.

george101

Good Boy
Re: Best touch screen mobile within 6k ?

^ i got a 10% off max 2000 coupon from a friend who got it from 100%CASHBACK offer

Nokia has resistive touch screen, i prefer capacitive. Gotta checkout Wave S5253 today at local shop

update: its available for 6100rs. should i go for white colour or black?

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Re: Best touch screen mobile within 6k ?

update: its available for 6100rs. should i go for white colour or black?

Go for the white one... Black is too common...

*img.fkcdn.com//image/mobile/s/q/b/samsung-s5253-400x400-imadffyvahddx4pd.jpeg

*img.fkcdn.com//image/mobile/s/q/b/samsung-s5253-400x400-imadffyvc86fhb5g.jpeg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: need a android phone

Micromax A70. but i doubt its battery backup after a few months of extensive use. avoid Galaxy Pop as it has pathetic backup + low resolution screen. same goes for LG Optimus Me & Galaxy Fit.

if you can raise your budget + ready for online shopping, LG Optimus One @ 8.5k is a whole lot better deal.

jagdish

Journeyman

Sam,what is your suggestion about Galaxy 3 I5800?if i raise my budget to 8,500 what do you suggest?Again tell me if LG has software like samsung pc studio or nokia pc suit.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

galaxy 3 long ago discontinued. i doubt its availability. it was available at some online shop for 7.5k but maybe old stock. quickly sold out.
also it has an odd resolution of 240X400. seriously avoid mobiles with odd or low resolution screens. usually apps will work fine but games & themes may refuse to work or even if it works will look really bad.

with android you never need to worry about pc suites. yes lg mobile comes with some pc suite IV or so. deleted it first day. for contacts & sms/calander, theres online sync. for internet connectivity to pc, theres tethering.

jagdish

Journeyman

Sam,so how to use internet with a android phone Actually I don't have any experience with Android phone :grin:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sam,so how to use internet with a android phone Actually I don't have any experience with Android phone :grin:

use a mobile software to allow USB tethering & a PC software (2Mb) to make the whole connection possible. even without any software it is possible. if you use wifi, no software is needed in the PC side.

Sam,are you sure Lg optimus one p500 will cost 8,500 but shopkeeper here is quoting price of 11,000 :-?

is it the white version? well either order from letsbuy (only if you are ok with online shopping). with discount the final price will be around 8k. else wait for some new mobiles from LG as i doubt Samsung will release any budget android mobile with a proper screen resolution, bigger battery & a full half GB of ram.

desai_amogh

In the zone
... Well either order from letsbuy (only if you are ok with online shopping). With discount the final price will be around 8k. Else wait for some new mobiles from lg as i doubt samsung will release any budget android mobile with a proper screen resolution said:

Furox

Broken In
Hey, I need some help getting a ~10k mobile.
I've read through the thread, I know everyone recommends LG optimus, but I'm kinda looking for one with a qwerty keypad.
Here are few I've been looking at:
Samsung Galaxy 551
Started with this, read the review at GSMArena, saw some links to similar mobiles at similar prices, came up with a few more:

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X10 MINI PRO

LG fathom

MOTOROLA MILESTONE (I think this one is somewhat older but still looks good)

The thing is, I'm not into mobiles too much, so don't know much about them, till now I was just carrying around a cheap nokia model for calls and some music. But now that I'm buying a new one I want something nice :)
I don't know much about 3g either, only that it means better internet speed and video calling lol (Not interested in that)
How is the mobile internet speed these days? Can I expect to watch 360p youtube vids without buffering? Are there like different plans available?

And are there any other mobiles of this type (Smart phone with sliding qwerty keypad, touchscreen, email, I want some internet browsing capabilities too, should be able to watch vids on youtube, good sound quality) within my range that anyone could suggest?
Samsung galaxy looks good but the main problem I have with it is that Motorola milestone and xperia x10 mini pro seem to have 5mp cameras compared to the galaxy's 3.2mp, and I don't like the curvy-edged square body , hard-edged square body of the other 3 look better.

I don't know much about OSes either, I wanna try out android, but which version? I think the motorolla comes with 2.1 eclair, Galaxy with 2.2 Froyo,
LG fathom with Windows Mobile 6.5 (Less features in this one, but it has email, looks good and seems to be a LOT cheaper. But its resistive touchscreen. So I don't think I'll go with this one.) and xperia x10 mini pro with Android Donut 1.6, upgradable to 2.1.
Any basic difference between all these versions?
Last thing, could anyone recommend some models if instead of a qwerty keypad I just want a good touchscreen and the BEST possible sound quality, nearby 10k?(With earphones/headphones, and should have a LOUD loudspeaker too)

Thanks =)

k_v

Journeyman
Need a phone in the range of 6-8K ..

Need the following features :

- Good cam
- Loud speakers
- 3G/Wifi
- Good battery life
- Has to be a bar type . Do not want a flip or slider
- If Nokia then preferably no s40
- Touchscreen/Qwerty .. anything shall do
- Music not the priority .. have an ipod for that
- If Android .. then should have a decent battery life + a decent enough processor
- Dual sim not required

Top Bottom