** ~10k mobile advice thread **

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
never go for version 1.0 of anything when it comes to tech. it won't be wrong to say Android One is currently in version 1.0. Google is testing Android One with the local brands to reduce risk. Wait for bigger brands to join specially Asus. They have the ability to break the market. Most likely Atom will be dropped for Snapdragon (hence less heating plus way better battery life), retain same price and look, Zenfone One has the potential to be a biggest hit in the Android market of this year or whenever it appears. This year looks unlikely so around Q1 2015 with Android L out of the box, maybe with 64bit chipset.

ajayritik

Technomancer
When I posted some time back (Maybe 6 months or 1 year back) I remember someone suggesting Nokia Lumia.
Currently what are my best options for a mobile which should be between 4k-6k.
Faster Processor need not be issue since it will not be used for gaming.
Need a decent camera
Need to have decent quality for music playback.
Since it's for elder preferably should not overwhelm them.
In case this works out I may buy for some other family members as well.
One thing I want is piece of mind so that I don't go around the service centers for any issues.
I would have tried redmi 1s but getting hold of that looks very difficult.
Would try to avoid brands like Karbonn.
Kindly suggest

Minion

Conversation Architect
Within your budget Moto E is only option but camera is without flash and autofocus.I would have recommended Zenfone 4 but it got very poor battery backup.

Most people face issue after rooting phone if you can live without rooting then you may not even have to go to service center.but if you face hardware related problem like broken screen or karupt motherboard then most companies including called brand will charge you half the price of phone for repairing it.

So choose what you need.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
His budget is 10k I guess

525 has 1gb ram so it is only worth phone to consider in 10k range

in windows phone 1gb ram isnt necessary as such even 512mb ram devices can handle everything well
i can play san andreas without lag on my 720
630 is for 9.5k onwards and the display on 525/520 isnt all that great,630 lacks camera flash,sensors etc
but has sensor core though which is great for people who use workout apps etc

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys a small thing. In case you missed out this phone is for my mom.
Need it to be easy to use either android or windows phone.
It's for someone who is not too techy.
Around 6 months or an year ago someone suggested Windows phone.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Guys a small thing. In case you missed out this phone is for my mom.
Need it to be easy to use either android or windows phone.
It's for someone who is not too techy.
Around 6 months or an year ago someone suggested Windows phone.

windows phone is very user friendly
i gifted my parents and grandparents windows phones and they all love them,they all had android,BB etc earlier and werent comfy with them
windows phone and ios are very well suited for older people as well
im sure your mom will love a windows phone preferably a 620,630 or a 730(even 520 and 525 are good but the screen isnt very good)

Top Bottom