** ~10k mobile advice thread **

rst

Youngling
:facepalm: your money, your choice but a crap choice. Moto E is overall better than that phone except for the camera part.

CAmera is my primary reqirement

Moto E has 5 megapixel camera without flash,autofocus and front camera

dual core with 4.3" screen

No led notification.

No otg support.

No HD recording

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
CAmera is my primary reqirement

Moto E has 5 megapixel camera without flash,autofocus and front camera

dual core with 4.3" screen

No led notification.

No otg support.

No HD recording

Correction:
There is LED notification near top speakers!
Recheck or install light flow!

OTG supported use ES Explorer or Solid Unlocker!

So are you planning to do SLR photography with Moto E? : face palm :

Just hands on all your choices and tell me who has most fluid experience!

Are you able to play Asphalt 8 with 5-10 browsing tabs with 3G???
That too without lag?

Experiment it!

All the Best!

rst

Youngling
Camera is my primary choice

So there is no scope for Moto E

I am going for Micromax color 2 A120

In it we have
WiFi direct,, Apps are movable to SD card. SD card is expandable up to 32 GB. Good looks. Smooth touch. 2 extra back panel. Good quality camera. Supports HD games without lag whatsoever. OTG supported. Kit Kat android update guaranteed.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

In it we have
WiFi direct,, Apps are movable to SD card. SD card is expandable up to 32 GB. Good looks. Smooth touch. 2 extra back panel. Good quality camera. Supports HD games without lag whatsoever. OTG supported. Kit Kat android update guaranteed.

What do you think?
The 8MP in Micromax's will give you good photos!
To correct your oblivion I must tell you that these are just rebranded 5MP Cameras!

For photography why don't you try Lumia devices?

rish1

Cyborg Agent

In it we have

Nokia x2 .. if you can root and do roms and stuff

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
can't we add a good camera to the moto e after one year ?
I opened up a LG Mobile Several years back, its camera wasn't soldered, it was fit in some hlder and had a parallel wire ribbon with a connector to the main board.
had always thaught about that.

HBK007

Journeyman
I opened up a LG Mobile Several years back, its camera wasn't soldered, it was fit in some hlder and had a parallel wire ribbon with a connector to the main board.
IMO even if you change the lens, the software will have support for the predefined shooting resolution only unlesss there are some mods or such. Also the image processing will be the same, therefore there won't be any difference. I remember seeing on the internet that my Nexus 7 had some unused place and a camera port on ut's motherboard, altough there wasn't much support by the dev community for it and it was a really tough job to buy a camera and then somehow solder it.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
IMO even if you change the lens, the software will have support for the predefined shooting resolution only unlesss there are some mods or such. Also the image processing will be the same, therefore there won't be any difference. I remember seeing on the internet that my Nexus 7 had some unused place and a camera port on ut's motherboard, altough there wasn't much support by the dev community for it and it was a really tough job to buy a camera and then somehow solder it.

There are 3rd party camera apps on G Play.
wont it do any good ?
and might be not all require soldering and just snapping a connector
anyone heard of Mini USB Cams ?

HBK007

Journeyman
There are 3rd party camera apps on G Play.
wont it do any good ?
and might be not all require soldering and just snapping a connector
anyone heard of Mini USB Cams ?
The problem was not with the camera app as the Nexus 7 Camera app can easily take photos with the front facing cam but it won't recognize the new rear facing camea.
I think you are talking about micro-usb 'coz no handheld device today has got a mini usb port. They all ship with a micro usb port. And then there is the driver problem if you somehow connect a camera to a mobile/tablet(maybe a webcam with USB OTG).

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
apps can't change fixed focus to auto focus. its a part of the hardware.:p
:lol:
I sound like such a noob ? :razz:
get hold of the whole talk first, I was talking about Hardware change after one year and then to tackle software problems, to use 3rd party apps, but i guess its lot of fuss, so better is, use a standalone cameras :p

rish1

Cyborg Agent

simply buy a X2 .. problem solved

if you want to do it just for the fun of it.. go ahead best of luck
i think its possible just swap the camera module , i think it will require some editing of Rom/Firmware files to recognize a higher MP and a different hardware, drivers and other settings like camera speed etc.. app can only do very little in this regard ..

do keep us updated though

setanjan123

In the zone
Thinking of buying redmi 1s. Xiaomi seems to be atleast a bit better than mmx and xolo. Also thnking abt zenfone 5 or redmi note. If i could only get xiaomi mi3

Top Bottom