1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Discussion in 'Buying Advice' started by ico, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TheSloth

TheSloth The Slowest One

Which company SIM card your mom's phone has? All major Tele companies are provide unlimited calls on prepaid. I pay 400 for 3 months of free calls and 1GB internet daily. But you if just want to experience Jio then go ahead.

2. nac

nac Well-Known Member

No. It's not suited for anything.
    Yes, call quality compared to my 13yrs old Nokia 1110i, it's good. But everything else isn't.
    What do you think? Reviews are negative because product is crap.
    How long it will last? Toss the coin. Quality of the product is worse.
    Have you visited Jio phone service center? It's like a fish market. Too many people. Guess how good the phone would be to have that many people in the service center.
    Going by the reviews other 4G feature phone model (AFAIK one from Nokia and one from Micromax) aren't good either. Instead of spending close to 6k for Nokia 4G feature phone, one can get Redmi 5/6A.
    Pretty much every company has unlimited calling pack. May not be as cheap as 49 per month, but they do have. Even if you're using Jio sim on some other phone, you won't be getting this 49/- plan. This 49/- is more like a bait. To use this cheapest plan, you have to use the worst phone.
    Yes, there are more than one variant.
    Texting is pathetic. I can type text in my Nokia without even looking. But with Jio's pathetic keypad, can't type properly even when looking. It doesn't click when you press the key or get pressed multiple times. It's so laggy. You would think the key didn't get pressed and will press again, now the character/number appears twice. Don't mistake the last line. It's laggy and the keypad is crap.
    Going by the terms, they will ask us to return the phone. It's been more than a year since they launched it and I haven't heard Jio did that or if anyone returned the phone after one year and ready to pay 1000/- plus GST as early return charge. Have seen youtube videos where retailers explaining how to process Jio phone return.

shreeux likes this.
  3. billubakra

billubakra Well-Known Member

Nokia 3310 is good if calling is your primary purpose. Can't comment about the rest of the features. My friend uses the same for calling only.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  4. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

But one can't use jio sim in it,alright for usual sim though.

billubakra likes this.
  5. billubakra

billubakra Well-Known Member

Jio sim minus 49 plan can be used.

6. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

Just checked gsmarena & found out there are two versions of new 3310 & one of them is 4g enabled.