1 tb segate hdd problem...please help

napster007

Padawan
i was previously having a 80gb (sata 1) hard disk installed on my PC. Recently i bought a new segate 1 TB hdd(sata 2) for the pc and for a few days it ran perfectly and then later, my OS (xp) crashed and had to reinstall it.

Later after removing the 1tb the pc runs fine, but once i plug in the new HDD my PC starts giving problems like sometimes it won't start and if it does it wont boot properly even though the boot settings are ok. and if it does manage to boot then it wont detect the 1 TB.

I checked the BIOS and the HDD detects perfectly in it...

please help me solving this issue...
thanks

OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
really? thats bad....aint there any other solution cus i got to go really far

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

cus if i use only the 1tb it works fine.... but both dont work

Upgrade to XP-sp3. However Xp shows problems if the total storage limit exceeds 1TB. Its a common problem. It gets slow beyond 500gb(i face this problem, i have 750Gb in total). Its OS of 2002, old by now. Better to Upgrade to win7.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
he said the HDD ran perfectly for few days before the windows crashed....
@celldweller1591, REALLY XP does'nt support HDD more than 1TB?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If the 1 TB alone is working fine, then the HDD can not be faulty. you HDD stopped working properly after the reinstall of XP, so I can think of only 1 thing, You might have been using XP SP3 before but installed an older version by mistake. Do check this.

Top Bottom